• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2021

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Apparently there is a mountain of cell phone footage that has been provided to both subbies and the police and multiple people could face assault charges. Other than the hero who coward punched a 60 year old there is particular focus on two players who wanted to fight everyone and anyone and who allegedly assaulted multiple people on and off the field. I suspect the more footage that comes out, the more media attention this will garner.

Rugby Ref

Herbert Moran (7)
Look at the Clark Cup Clutch Tv footage of the Blacktown vs HV 1st grade game from Saturday, and start from around the 10:00 minute mark - Blacktown are giving away a few PKs near their try line. The #3 for Blacktown gives the ref a gobful, but when the refs back is turned - The ref turns around but obviously the coward does not reveal himself. Ref calls the Blacktown captain over, and lets him know (I cant hear, but I know the script) "that if he doesn't control his players - and their mouthing off - someone will go". When play resumes the Blacktown #3 purposely either side pushes, or tries to use his elbow on him when running past the ref. The ref notices, stops the game and sends him off - Red card - see around 11:07 clutch game time. #3 trudges off the field, still swearing at the ref.....

I mean, what's is going to happen next?!

A ref is going to get king hit or bashed - simply because he is penalising a team for being offside?! In a game of amateur Saturday afternoon rugby!? I am going to let Tim Richards know about this incident (though it is likely he already does know).

And you lot wonder why we are very short of referees - in ALL FORMS OF THE GAME!

This crap has to STOP!

Old mate 11

Bob McCowan (2)
Look at the Clark Cup Clutch Tv footage of the Blacktown vs HV 1st grade game from Saturday, and start from around the 10:00 minute mark - Blacktown are giving away a few PKs near their try line. The #3 for Blacktown gives the ref a gobful, but when the refs back is turned - The ref turns around but obviously the coward does not reveal himself. Ref calls the Blacktown captain over, and lets him know (I cant hear, but I know the script) "that if he doesn't control his players - and their mouthing off - someone will go". When play resumes the Blacktown #3 purposely either side pushes, or tries to use his elbow on him when running past the ref. The ref notices, stops the game and sends him off - Red card - see around 11:07 clutch game time. #3 trudges off the field, still swearing at the ref...

I mean, what's is going to happen next?!

A ref is going to get king hit or bashed - simply because he is penalising a team for being offside?! In a game of amateur Saturday afternoon rugby!? I am going to let Tim Richards know about this incident (though it is likely he already does know).

And you lot wonder why we are very short of referees - in ALL FORMS OF THE GAME!

This crap has to STOP!

I'd argue the second red card in that game is far worse. Off a scrum the flanker runs directly through the back of the ref with an arm raised at the back of his head. Surely that can't be on and Blacktown will face harsh punishments for the two red cards.

g00gle

Banned
Absolutely disgusting in the Blacktown game and both should never step foot on a rugby field again. What I found even worse was the reaction from the Blacktown players and crowd from the cards, and especially the last one. Number 7 ran a direct line at the ref and then deviated into the backline to hide and try and get away with it, absolutely cowardly. The number 23 had direct view of it all and still laughed and carried on when the 2nd red card was given.

This is not a single individual going wayward, it is an issue of club culture and respect in regards to the game. This week and recent weeks has shown to a lot of people that this disgusting attitude has plagued this game and boiled over into abhorrent scenes of assault. I would expect the judiciary to be extremely decisive in punishing all the clubs involved in these incidents to set a rightful precedence as the season continues.

Also doesn't look good for Blacktown considering the altercations on the side line of the Beecroft game.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)

From the Telegraph
He was taken to Mt Druitt Police Station and charged with common assault, assault occasioning actual bodily harm and breaching bail.
The teen was refused bail and will appear at Parramatta Children’s Court on Tuesday.
A quality individual.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Getting back to rugby and away from the violence of DIV 3.

Div 2
HILLS vs Rams: Hills gave a solid outcome of themselves against HH whilst RAMs almost stole a win of the Breakers. I calling an arm wrestle that ultimately swings to the well structured Hills by 10.
Lindfield vs UNSW: Big win comings Hills way by 20+
St Pats vs Bobs: St Pats by plenty 25+
Newport vs Hunters: MOTR, an eye watering day of footy at the Portress with 1st vs 2nd in 2s,3s and colts. 1st grade under lights in front of a large vocal and cold crowd. Newport have been miss firing of late with their backline throwing too many low percentage hail mary passes. A team like Hunters will eat that up so i can see nothing but a HH victory even though Newport will be competitive long into the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4
Oysters v Saints - hard to see the Oysters getting done, even at the Sandpit aka Lyne Park
Oatley v Renegades - if we bring the same intensity we had last week, we should get up against the team in 8th
Canterbuy v Redfield - think the ROBs will have too much even at Wills.
Savers v Mac Uni - TBH shock loss for Manly against Saints last week. They'll bounce back. Mac Uni never quit against Oysters but lacking maybe a little depth to go 80 again.

Div 5
Forces v Hammerheads - Burraneer will be moderately filthy they lost to Irish, and Forces will bear the brunt.
Irish v Dukes - too much rugby nous in the Irish lineup, and they'll have a second grade to back them up as well.
Menai v Merrylands - the Wolves got the biscuits in Round 1 and I reckon they'll do it again as they look toward the silverware.
Balman v Sea Lice - hard season for the men from Leichardt. Not getting easier against North Cronulla.

Div 6
Kings v Wakehurst - looks like a fairly straightforward win for Wakehurst who haven't lost since round 1.
Covies v Maccabi - couple of agonising bonus point losses the last 2 weeks for Covies. They'll bounce back against Maccabi who are fighting hard but low on personnel.
Brothers v Chatswood - inconsistency has marred the Stags' season, where they've beaten Brothers but also had some big losses. CBOBs' close loss to Wakehurst last week will be motivation for them to keep some distance to Kings, and fight for the title from 2nd.

g00gle

Banned
Looks to be that way on Fusesport

Div 3
Blacktown v Harlequins
1st: Harlequins by 7
2nds: Harlequins by 18
Colts: Easts by 20+
3rds: Forfeit Harlequins

Beecroft v Briars
1sts: Beecroft by 2
2nds: Beecroft by 5
Colts: Beecroft by 20+
3rds: Beecroft by 7

Hawkesbury Ag v Hawkesbury Valley
1sts: Valley by 15
2nds: Valley by 7
3rds: Valley by 9

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 - hunnerdpahcent in what was probably the easiest round to pick.
Div 5 - 3 from 4 with Merrylands getting overrun by Menai, and losing top spot on the log in the process.
Div 6 - 2 from 3 as Pfitzy missed the big upset in what looked like a ding-dong battle at Centennial Park.

That Div 4 table could swiftly break in half if we keep playing like we did against Oatley. It is interesting to note that the current positions for McClean Cup have a mathematical pattern to them for the round just played:

Oysters def Saints - 1 v 5
Redfield def Canterbury - 2 v 6
Savers def Mac Uni - 3 v 7
Renegades def Oatley - 4 v 8

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Getting back to rugby and away from the violence of DIV 3.

Div 2
HILLS vs Rams: Hills gave a solid outcome of themselves against HH whilst RAMs almost stole a win of the Breakers. I calling an arm wrestle that ultimately swings to the well structured Hills by 10.
Lindfield vs UNSW: Big win comings Hills way by 20+
St Pats vs Bobs: St Pats by plenty 25+
Newport vs Hunters: MOTR, an eye watering day of footy at the Portress with 1st vs 2nd in 2s,3s and colts. 1st grade under lights in front of a large vocal and cold crowd. Newport have been miss firing of late with their backline throwing too many low percentage hail mary passes. A team like Hunters will eat that up so i can see nothing but a HH victory even though Newport will be competitive long into the game.

2/4. Rams get a good win over Hills and the Breakers get the upset over the Div 1 dodgers.
Newport’s defensive effort against the massive Hunters pack was unbelievable, almost as unbelievable as the 28-5 penalty count. A win for the ages for the Breakers with high quality physical footy all day from both clubs.

2/4. Rams get a good win over Hills and the Breakers get the upset over the Div 1 dodgers.
Newport’s defensive effort against the massive Hunters pack was unbelievable, almost as unbelievable as the 28-5 penalty count. A win for the ages for the Breakers with high quality physical footy all day from both clubs.

Should be called punters hill lol

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
2/4. Rams get a good win over Hills

I'll have to watch that one back - the Rams looked a bit short early in the morning (I ran touch for 4th Grade immediately after our Halligan game against Hills 5s), but clearly reinforcements arrived, as they also won 3s and 2s.

Top 4 in Barraclough have a bit of a gap at the moment. After Hunters Hill losing 2 in the first round, rumours of their invincibility are perhaps not quite on the money. They'll be looking to come home with a wet sail with the other top 3 sides going to Boronia in the second half of the year.