• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
After viewing the fight and listening to the Audio - The Touchie definitely says 17 threw punches but changed his mind during the huddle. Great to see a few boys enjoying a Saturday arvo though.
I felt bad for the poor HV bloke who was being held back by his own team for number 18 to put a few on his chin.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Div 1 Round 10 Preview

Blue Mountains - Mosman. Blueys to bounce back here. Get the barrel fires going up on the sideline. Stay rugged up. This game will be cold. Mosman wont like it. Blueys by 10

St Pats - Colleagues. I cant predict St Pats. They have a great week and then seem to not turn up the next week. Colleagues however are building nicely and put a number on Forest last week. Colleagues love winning premierships and could be front runners right now given their recent form. Hudson will be cold tomorrow. Colleagues by 7

Hunters Hill - Drummoyne. Drummoyne will be on a high after knocking off Mountains who were not at their best last week. HH were sloppy in the first half leading to a massive half time deficit, however were able to get back into the game in the 2nd half. We should do enough to get the W this week and stay up in the top 4. HH by 7

Petersham - Waverley. Waverley were good last week taking the opportunities that were presented by us. First 4 tries were absolute gifts. That said, they have a very big forward pack and love being physical. I can see them doing enough to get past Petersham this week who will be fresh off the bye. Waverley by 3

HogansHeros

Syd Malcolm (24)
Div 3 Round 10 - some good games this round!

Harbour vs Beecroft - Harbour having a good run in, will be too strong vs Beecroft who have had a loss to Harlequins and a bye last 2 rounds. Beecrofts defence is always strong but will be tough to hold out the harbour boys. Harbour by 10.

Knox vs Barker - Knox have won their last 3 games and are really making a run for the finals. Too strong against Barker who havent been super consistent.

Old Iggys vs Harlequins - Old Iggys really struggling, gave Savers their first win of the season last week. Although Harlequins lost to a strong Knox last round, they beat Beecroft the week before and their size around the park will be too much at Ryde.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 4 Round 10

Rockdale
v Irish - this should be a good game. Rockdale saw something like Irish in their games with Redfield, and will have the scrum to hold Irish. Home team by a small margin

Merrylands v Chastwood - 2nd v 10th. Could be a blowout and not the prep Merrylands want for Irish next week.

Renegades v Raptors - will be an interesting game as we're missing a few and responses earlier in the week weren't crash hot. Last 24 hours has seen a few come out of the woodwork so hopefully that helps both Grades.

Mac Uni v Redfield - Redfield will be charging toward finals places and looking to out-rugby everyone from this point.

Saints v Wakehurst - might be a tough trip to Tantallon for Wakehurst. They were all over Mac Uni last week but the Saints will be a bit more technical. Close game.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Div 2
Lindfield vs Newport: Newport have had Old Soldiers measure for the last few seasons, but not tomorrow. Newport defensive effort last week wa unbelevable in denying Hills a late victory, but even that guts against the Lindfield set piece might not be enough and old soldier should have a field day on the injury/travel depleted Breakers. The hard working Breakers will give their all but Lindfield fowards to provide a platform for a 25+win.

Hills vs Briars: Briars far too strong in this one to run away with another 25+ victory.

UNSW vs HV: As we come into the business end UNSW will be looking to run in some points to improve their for and against against struggling HV. UNSW 35+

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Forfeits tomorrow:

Div 1
Mosman Colts v Blueys
Waverley Colts v Shammies

Div 2
Newport 3s v Lindfield

Div 3
Old Iggies Colts v Easts Colts 4 (Harlequins)

Div 4
Irish 2s v Rockdale
Chatswood 2s v Merrylands

Div 5
Balmain v Burra

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Forfeits tomorrow:

Div 1
Mosman Colts v Blueys
Waverley Colts v Shammies

Div 2
Newport 3s v Lindfield

Div 3
Old Iggies Colts v Easts Colts 4 (Harlequins)

Div 4
Irish 2s v Rockdale
Chatswood 2s v Merrylands

Div 5
Balmain v Burra
Unfortunately I think we are only going to see this list increase each week as we enter the back end of the season. It’s starting to catch up wit a number of clubs.

The ultimate ressie

Allen Oxlade (6)
After viewing the fight and listening to the Audio - The Touchie definitely says 17 threw punches but changed his mind during the huddle. Great to see a few boys enjoying a Saturday arvo though.
I felt bad for the poor HV bloke who was being held back by his own team for number 18 to put a few on his
The players in question seem to be absent from team sheets today, may have been found out

Waterloo_Ned

Herbert Moran (7)
Just got off the phone to Ben Waters from Colleagues and there was big controversy at Hudson Park.

At the end of the game, Colleagues had a penalty goal to win the game. The referee put a counter on the GK to kick the goal (which is fair). However, the ref counts down abnormally fast. If you view the footage (this occurs at 86:00 on the game clock), he tells him he has 40 seconds to kick it, then 13 seconds late on the game clock tells him he has 5 seconds, to which the half has to pick it up and try to drop kick it.

Then they get another penalty and the referee again puts the 60 second countdown on as soon as the penalty is blown (not even factoring in st pats through the ball away). When the penalty is given the 9 yells at the ref don't count me down this time. Same thing happens.

The Wombat

Herbert Moran (7)
Just got off the phone to Ben Waters from Colleagues and there was big controversy at Hudson Park.

At the end of the game, Colleagues had a penalty goal to win the game. The referee put a counter on the GK to kick the goal (which is fair). However, the ref counts down abnormally fast. If you view the footage (this occurs at 86:00 on the game clock), he tells him he has 40 seconds to kick it, then 13 seconds late on the game clock tells him he has 5 seconds, to which the half has to pick it up and try to drop kick it.

Then they get another penalty and the referee again puts the 60 second countdown on as soon as the penalty is blown (not even factoring in st pats through the ball away). When the penalty is given the 9 yells at the ref don't count me down this time. Same thing happens.
Atrocious

Heure

Frank Nicholson (4)

I’d advise them to contact subbies - maybe they can review the situation if they’ve managed to pull their head out of the sand, to address the absolute catastrophe of the current season. I doubt it though as they’ll be too busy dodging tough conversations and planning their annual lunch oink oink

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I’d advise them to contact subbies - maybe they can review the situation if they’ve managed to pull their head out of the sand, to address the absolute catastrophe of the current season. I doubt it though as they’ll be too busy dodging tough conversations and planning their annual lunch oink oink

1688251495472.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
One thing we should all agree on: the code is in trouble.

Specifically with regard to referees, the numbers are dwindling and the reasons are similar to the fall in playing numbers: refs have better things to do on a Saturday.

Particulary when they turn up to try and contribute to a game they love, and get abused by a bunch of drunken clowns who don't even know the Laws of the game, and can barely lace up a boot themselves.

At the same time, refs aren't perfect. I've had several conversations with one of the coordinators after raising a ref's report that outlined some bad outcomes. They could see my point of view, and only through those types of constructive conversations is the situation going to get better.

The Board has implemented iniatives to help out with the refereeing situation e.g. with the Rugby Club Foundation, getting clubs to qualify referees and ARs to help out on game day and take some of the pressure off the referee allocations.

The Board will continue to suggest ways we can assist the ref's association, who have multiple masters to serve in this regard (Subbies, SJRU, SWRU, SRU, Schools). It relies on players and clubs coming to the party as well, or in a few years there simply won't be enough refs to go around.

As always, anyone is welcome to pick up the whistle and help out.

Heure

Frank Nicholson (4)
One thing we should all agree on: the code is in trouble.

Specifically with regard to referees, the numbers are dwindling and the reasons are similar to the fall in playing numbers: refs have better things to do on a Saturday.

Particulary when they turn up to try and contribute to a game they love, and get abused by a bunch of drunken clowns who don't even know the Laws of the game, and can barely lace up a boot themselves.

At the same time, refs aren't perfect. I've had several conversations with one of the coordinators after raising a ref's report that outlined some bad outcomes. They could see my point of view, and only through those types of constructive conversations is the situation going to get better.

The Board has implemented iniatives to help out with the refereeing situation e.g. with the Rugby Club Foundation, getting clubs to qualify referees and ARs to help out on game day and take some of the pressure off the referee allocations.

The Board will continue to suggest ways we can assist the ref's association, who have multiple masters to serve in this regard (Subbies, SJRU, SWRU, SRU, Schools). It relies on players and clubs coming to the party as well, or in a few years there simply won't be enough refs to go around.

As always, anyone is welcome to pick up the whistle and help out.
So everyone who comes to support grassroots rugby is a drunken clown? Very out of touch flitzy. Seems like you’re the biggest keyboard warrior on this forum.

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)
Newport forfeiting 2nd grade on game day is pretty dire, half the club must’ve shipped off to Europe
Was at Soldiers Memorial watching yesterday. Credit to some brave 2nd Grade Newport players that tried to front to play a match in farcical circumstances. The disappointing part was their Colts whom all ran for the hills after being beaten by Lindfield instead of helping their club out.

Lurker

Bob McCowan (2)

A few tasty treats from the lurkers lair:

- Colleagues - let’s not get the violins out for this mob. They are terrible losers and habitual citers. How often do they piss off before speeches if they lose (answer: always). Well done Pats for upset of the year - no one gave you a hope and you delivered!

- Newport a disgrace - and to think they felt aggrieved for not be promoted to Div One!

- European holidays - the answer to any club that has a shit colts program and has realised too late…..

Happy Sunday!