• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tweedale was spesh today

Second grade much as predicted with Rockdale not having the numbers to hold a rampant merrylands.

First grade was great to watch, Irish taking the lead with the last move in the game.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
First Division will be a big day - of the 9 clubs, all bar St Pat's and Shammies will be represented.

Blue Mountains
Hunters Hill
Colleagues X 3
Drummoyne
Forest
Waverley X 3
Mosman X 2

Rigby

Frank Row (1)
Anyone who watched the Judd Cup game may have noticed the poor sportsmanship from a Waverley player on the full time whistle, some good defence on their line from a 13 man Waverley after two yellow cards managed to hold out the final attack. Full time whistle blows and Waverley player who had just been carded gives the finger to the Colleagues bench. Disappointing to see poor sportsmanship and being a bad winner on an otherwise positive day of rugby with a few close battles across div 1.
054C3318-845C-42AC-83BF-97A58F54030E.jpeg

Last edited:

The Wombat

Herbert Moran (7)
Anyone who watched the Judd Cup game may have noticed the poor sportsmanship from a Waverley player on the full time whistle, some good defence on their line from a 13 man Waverley after two yellow cards managed to hold out the final attack. Full time whistle blows and Waverley player gives the finger to the Colleagues bench. Disappointing to see poor sportsmanship and being a bad winner on an otherwise positive day of rugby with a few close battles across div 1View attachment 17361
What a tool

Lurker

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone who watched the Judd Cup game may have noticed the poor sportsmanship from a Waverley player on the full time whistle, some good defence on their line from a 13 man Waverley after two yellow cards managed to hold out the final attack. Full time whistle blows and Waverley player gives the finger to the Colleagues bench. Disappointing to see poor sportsmanship and being a bad winner on an otherwise positive day of rugby with a few close battles across div 1View attachment 17361
A fair representation of what to expect from Waverley RFC. Their crowd behaviour during their first grade loss was similarly disgraceful. How do club officials allow their moron supporters to behave so poorly??

LRUsoldier

Allen Oxlade (6)
What is the name of the player? Subbies needs to step in and ban him for 12 months. This sort of behaviour is not on at my club.

Rigby

Frank Row (1)
A fair representation of what to expect from Waverley RFC. Their crowd behaviour during their first grade loss was similarly disgraceful. How do club officials allow their moron supporters to behave so poorly??
Bad winners and bad losers - not a good combination Waverley

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Ended up pretty crap predictions Eastcoast. No offence haha.

Especially in Colts. Colleagues cleaned them up. I wonder what the pats coach is thinking, Undefeated season only to lose the only 2 that count. I do feel for the pats boys a bit.
Appreciate the feedback. Im the only one doing tips though.

3/6 wasnt too bad with Sutherland hitting the margin as well.

Colleagues should have won in 4's attacking on the line against 13.

Did anyone see St Pats capitulation in Colts? apart from Colleagues maybe

Tipped with my heart in 2's. Drummoyne have some very good players. Will be a cracking GF in Burke next week

Great win in 1's as well.

Bring on Next week!

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
It always amazes me when people think that club administrators are responsible for the behaviour of adults.
Yes to an extent there is a requirement to manage the crowd etc. but every year clubs are told to tell players about the rules on the feild and we still see guys acting like dick heads and getting sent off.
It’s on the individual much more than the club to act like a normal person and not an idiot.

Last edited:

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
If you reckon the Waverly guy flipping off the crowd is bad you haven’t been to enough Subbies/ Shute shield games. That and much more happen regularly across all grounds and clubs.

KentwellCup>ShuteShield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Appreciate the feedback. Im the only one doing tips though.

3/6 wasnt too bad with Sutherland hitting the margin as well.

Colleagues should have won in 4's attacking on the line against 13.

Did anyone see St Pats capitulation in Colts? apart from Colleagues maybe

Tipped with my heart in 2's. Drummoyne have some very good players. Will be a cracking GF in Burke next week

Great win in 1's as well.

Bring on Next week!
yeah no true i do appreciate your little previews. Looking forwards for your gf predictions. Ill do a little write up for it too.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Forget Subbies. Easts and Rats crowd just punched on after storming the field after the 2nd grade GF. Plenty of punches thrown, plenty of pissed idiots.

Didn't see anyone in a ground marshal bib?

Probably lost in the melee

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tweedale was spesh today

Second grade much as predicted with Rockdale not having the numbers to hold a rampant merrylands.

First grade was great to watch, Irish taking the lead with the last move in the game.
Pfitzy was wondering if the fact Rockdale were down on numbers was why they didn’t enter a team sheet for the final?

TheBigArvo

Sydney Middleton (9)
Forget Subbies. Easts and Rats crowd just punched on after storming the field after the 2nd grade GF. Plenty of punches thrown, plenty of pissed idiots.
Looks like the stream has been taken down so I imagine NSW Rugby will be looking at the footage closely and handing out some lengthy suspensions or more if any non players are involved then potentially criminal charges.

Eastcoast

Larry Dwyer (12)
Looks like the stream has been taken down so I imagine NSW Rugby will be looking at the footage closely and handing out some lengthy suspensions or more if any non players are involved then potentially criminal charges.
Wasnt there one of these at the end of last year between HAC and Redfield?

I never heard if there were any suspensions off the back of it for both clubs? Obviously with HAC no longer in the competition, I guess it didnt really show?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Pfitzy was wondering if the fact Rockdale were down on numbers was why they didn’t enter a team sheet for the final?

No idea of the reason. I was running around checking everyone's ID for First Grade at the time.

I can say from my role checking everyone's ID in Second Grade :) that only those players who were approved took the field.