• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer cricket 2022/23

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

If we pick Handscomb we have been mentally bullied by the Indian pitch and not outsmart their tactics as MacDonald & Cummins would want to think. If he ends up picked I want him to score runs but he's not a Test level player.
Yeah that had me confused. Reward form & Travis has been belting it.

edit: just in before Warner goes for a duck, should've dropped Davie boy.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
As usual this summer, it's Smith and Loose Bus Change to save the day.

Just saw the replay on Khawaja's LBW - moved a fair bit, to be fair to the ump was looking to go down leg. Indian's took their time to review though!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Difficult batting conditions but at a certain point you have to think picking your best top 6 trumps tying yourself in knots to try and create favourable match ups.

I watched the highlights and nearly every dismissal in the top 6 was poor technique or decision making. Was that down to the conditions putting doubt in their minds?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Thoughts on Jadeja putting "ointment" on his "sore finger" & proceeding to take a 5-for? Pushes the "no artificial substances" reg to breaking point & seems odd that a teammate would have it in his pocket rather than the team physio bringing it out as & when required or giving it to an umpire to hold: I mean, what if, in sliding in the outfield, the tube gets squished?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Thoughts on Jadeja putting "ointment" on his "sore finger" & proceeding to take a 5-for? Pushes the "no artificial substances" reg to breaking point & seems odd that a teammate would have it in his pocket rather than the team physio bringing it out as & when required or giving it to an umpire to hold: I mean, what if, in sliding in the outfield, the tube gets squished?
Was the umpire aware of it before hand and at the time of applying it?

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Team selection decisions screamed zero confidence and they flinched before a ball was bowled.

I also can’t see how we take 20 wickets to win anyway.
Agree these selections are all about blunting their strengths as opposed to embellishing our own. A little bit more respect of technique rather than the notion of left handers struggling against right hand finger spin as a forgone conclusion would be welcome.

Murphy bowled with discipline which was impressive for such a green player, hopefully more rewards soon.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
I just struggle to comprehend how the Indian's made batting on that pitch look easy compared to us - our technique is appalling - it just shows when we are not batting on pitches where the ball just comes onto you like in Australia.

One of our lowest first innings scores since 2016 from memory.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
We just don't provide conditions that assist turners at home. The SCG hasn't given them anything for a long time. That creates holes and our spinners traditionally enjoy exploiting bounce and don't know how best to utilise grip.

Sword of Justice

Vay Wilson (31)
Cummins probably won't have another day like that again any time soon - he's too good but I do hope there's enough leadership in thr squad and staff to pull him aside and help him accept he won't be able to do it all himself every time.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Cummins probably won't have another day like that again any time soon - he's too good but I do hope there's enough leadership in thr squad and staff to pull him aside and help him accept he won't be able to do it all himself every time.
I didn't watch any of our bowling, how did Scotty go? Looked threatening?

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Only 3 overs. Hard to say but he only went for 4 runs... Unless it starts hooping around it might be tough for him at his speed on those pitches.

Hope he gets one of those magic spells.