• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Summer cricket 2022/23

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Was the umpire aware of it before hand and at the time of applying it?

"... under the Laws of Cricket, the bowler needs the umpire's permission to apply any sort of substance on their hands to ensure the condition of the ball remains unaffected."

That doesn't appear to have happened:

The bit about Aus not raising it as an issue made me chuckle - I mean, how could they & expect to be taken seriously?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
"... under the Laws of Cricket, the bowler needs the umpire's permission to apply any sort of substance on their hands to ensure the condition of the ball remains unaffected."

That doesn't appear to have happened:

The bit about Aus not raising it as an issue made me chuckle - I mean, how could they & expect to be taken seriously?
Hasn't stopped self-righteous pricks like Michael Vaughan going on about it.
Mint, anybody?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah the sanctimonious whining by the likes of Vaughan and Atherton during the sandpaper situation made me laugh - from two blokes who were either caught red handed or their teammates admitted doing it. Spare me.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ NLyon the other so 13/15 for the spinners thus far. I'm thinking that if India get even 120 in front they'll be chasing not many if any in the fourth.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
We'll do well to get out of this with a draw.

Many years ago I opined here on an earlier cricket thread F U Watson should've been dropped after one particular century he scored. He was on ice after a poor run of form (and unnecessarily chewed up too many referrals) and, lo and behold, he pulled a ton out of his clacker! My reasoning is he was capable of scoring in that run of low scores, but didn't; in my opinion the ton proved he was either bludging or uninterested, or whatever. Warner's double ton in Sydney after a poor run of form smacks of something similar. In Warner's case the end of his career is looming and I can't help thinking these two tours may be a bridge or two too far.

Harris's century in a shield match couldn't've been better timed.

Last edited:

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Well done Murphy. Bowled well and seemed aggressive.

Can we even make India Bat again? Going to need 2 players get scores.

I hope they are looking at Warner very hard. Both he and Khawaja aren’t young and we will need to replace at some stage. I’m not a Harris fan, I think he’s had enough opportunities and failed but his shield 100 will help his case. I’d be moving Renshaw back to the top eventually. Head must be picked. He’s earnt that spot.

Remember that Pucovski bloke…. Hope he appears again when good to go.