• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves v Rebels - R4 - Super Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Rebels busting a lot of tackles and sunwolves being very creative in attack. If not for the wet bringing a lot of kicking this would be very entertaining.

Still is entertaining.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Nick Hammet says there were a few interesting calls in his half time summary. I could not agree more. Not favouring any team but I have been left baffled a few time about what he is calling or why he has not.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
Third try to the Rebels. English taking advantage of fractured defense. Rebels up 28-9 after a successful conversion.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Sunwolves very unlucky there.........

It was pretty clear that McMahon wasn't supporting his own body weight.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Sunwolves need to start contesting breakdowns. No pressure on the Rebel's ball at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Good win the the Rebels. Jeez those kiwi commentators were an embarrassment. At one point one of them launched into a riff on Tamati Ellison's name. The other one ruminated on how Stirzaker, a halfback (actually Fugistaller) would go in the backrow. It was like Roy and HG.

AFL_Converted

Billy Sheehan (19)
First time I have seen a full game from the sunwolves. I think the lack of a pre-season will show more and more as the season progresses. Defense a real problem but very creative and entertaining in attack.

Great defense from rebels. Attack good but most of that was the sunwolves letting us play. Still you gotta take the chances and a great win to the Rebels.

Looking good on the ladder but we have not really beaten anybody yet. Next week will be our first real test to see where we are IMHO.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Good win. Couple of beastly games in a row from McMahon after a quiet start to the season. 3-1 with that trainwreck of a schedule is impressive stuff, even if the opposition hasn't exactly been the cream of the crop. Sets up the season nicely.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
well I'm glad that's a win. still a lot of work to do in execution, but what i am loving is the maturity and decision making in defence. last year it was all mad dogs after a bone at every breakdown, this year one tackle, one attempt at the turnover and everyone else in a line. only going in to attack the breakdown when its appropriate. Adam Thompson influence is immense, dare i say more effective than Higginbotham so far.

still think that is the worst collectively poor refereeing/linesman effort so far this year. did Frazer not get the memo about scrums and won, playable ball if it collapses.

i wonder how bad Placids right shoulder injury is ?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Maybe it's just me, and he I'm not accusing him of bias, but the ref just seemed to have no idea what was going on half the time.

Glad for the win, and a good second half.

D

daz

3 from 4 on a road trip month from hell. Scrappy and ugly at times, with a high injury count, but how can any Rebels fan be anything but impressed with that win/loss ratio? Come on home for a bit, boys. Proud of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
No it's a fabulous start. If we look to pinch one of the next two, then reload with some returning players after the first bye, we'll be well placed to look at a playoffs spot at least up until the June Internationals.

Status
Not open for further replies.