• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sunwolves v Rebels - R4 - Super Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Maybe it's just me, and he I'm not accusing him of bias, but the ref just seemed to have no idea what was going on half the time.

Glad for the win, and a good second half.

Yeah - not bias, but he hardly picked up a knock on all night and there were many of them, sometimes in clusters. OTOH he called a few forward passes that imo weren't. Puzzling.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^^^^^looked lazy and disinterested IMHO. At times he just wasn't where he needed to be to see so he was missing stuff, then at other times seem to guess. Have to wonder if he arrived late and was jet lagged or had a pre-game karaoke and sake' bender.

Sunwolves games seem to have gotten "B" grade refereeing so far. Wonder is SANZAR are selling to the Refs's as a working holiday?

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
regards the reffing (which as i said above was poor, not biased i agree), i am wondering if the assistance from the assistant's is less than ideal because of the language problem. heaven help if they have to go to the TMO

GoMelbRebels

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
regards the reffing (which as i said above was poor, not biased i agree), i am wondering if the assistance from the assistant's is less than ideal because of the language problem. heaven help if they have to go to the TMO
Agree. Did he ever refer to his assistants?

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I thought the ref switched seamlessly from being a pedant to completely blind. At least he was rubbish towards both teams.

SANZAAR obviously have a policy of sending the worst refs to the weakest teams. Think about some of the gems we've had in Melbourne over the years. Looks like it's the Sunwolves turn now.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
The weakee teams and games generally get the less experienced refs. Some are pretty goood from the start but the rubbish ones generally stay rubbish eg Lees Frazer, O'Brien

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
It was grim for the Farce.

It was grim for the Waratahs. The scoreline hides that somewhat. It was looking grim for the Rebels when the original post was made. The final scoreline hides that. But credit to the Rebels- 3/4 is a good start. I hope they can keep it up as the opposition improves. To be honest I had expected it to be grimmer for the Reds. That scrum is worth a lot of points.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
It was grim for the Waratahs. The scoreline hides that somewhat. It was looking grim for the Rebels when the original post was made. The final scoreline hides that. But credit to the Rebels- 3/4 is a good start. I hope they can keep it up as the opposition improves. To be honest I had expected it to be grimmer for the Reds. That scrum is worth a lot of points.

I certainly didn't feel grim. I thought it was a great fightback, and a close loss to the title holders. But then I don't usually feel grim. And while I fully understand savouring a Reds loss before it happens, they can't always be relied upon. I'd say the lesson of the weekend is that the top sides are quite even.

Status
Not open for further replies.