• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
The ratshit Kings have defeated the dogshit Sunwolves in front of utterly no one in a giant stadium somewhere in fucking Singapore. This is Super Rugby in 2017. A match that provided good exercise for those involved but an exercise in pointlessness for the rest of humanity.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I disagree some what. Handling was crap often, too many pushed passes, even defence was not 100%. Great game to watch but was not an 'amazing standard' in my eyes - Just exciting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you saying WTF, but I tend to think a bit of the handling can be put down to the intensity of the game to, both teams seemed to be getting up and smashing shit out of each other. Happiest team after watching that game will be Reds as they get to play a pretty sore Crusaders team next week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hard grafty won for the Stormers against the Pumas. Now they have to play away against the two ratshit teams.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Will be interesting to see how long they follow that precedent. If, indeed, they do at all.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
ROUND 3

Chiefs v Hurricanes
17:35 Fri 10 March*

Blues v Highlanders
17:35 Sat 11 March

Kings v Stormers
00:05 Sun 12 March

Cheetahs v Sunwolves
02:15 Sunday 12 March

Jaguares v Lions
06:40 Sun 12 March

*times are AEDT.

Chiefs v Hurricanes potential Semi or even Grand Final IMO, Bloos v Clan could be almost as good (Clan 0-and-3 seems barely possible but has to be a real prospect if Bloos can keep 15 men on the park :)) Sethfricken matches look a little meh by comparison.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm trying to organise a weekly blog on these matches. Anyone interested please start a convo with me & I'll add you to the convo I've already started with some potential writers.

Concept is ~400 words on match of the round, ~100 words per other match, all with links to match reports (possibly SANZAAR's site) & official highlights (SANZAAR's YouTube channel). Probably needs at least four writers to make it work but the more the merrier!

Dru, I tried to include you in the initial convo but couldn't.
add me in mate. I'll help if I can. I'll also spread the word with the Reds writers.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep. Jaguares v Lions the best of it.

Yeah, should've clarified that. All going well I think that could be at least the equal of Bloos v Clan (if Jags can keep 13 players on the park :)), defo getting up for that one.

add me in mate. I'll help if I can. I'll also spread the word with the Reds writers.

Thanks for that, we seem to have things covered up to & incl Rd 10 but I'll defo hold you to that as & when the need arises..............

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Hey Waiopehu oldboy, sign me up for this conversation.

I'm trying my best to watch every game of every round this year so I'm sure I'll come in handy eventually!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^ I've asked Lee Grant to "make it so", hopefully he'll be all over it after his nap. Or the next one. Anyways, if you haven't been added in say 24 hours let me know & I'll ask again. Glad to have you aboard!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs: 15 Damian McKenzie, 14 Toni Pulu, 13 Tim Nanai-Williams, 12 Anton Lienert-Brown, 11 James Lowe, 10 Aaron Cruden (cc), 9 Tawera Kerr-Barlow, 8 Michael Leitch, 7 Sam Cane (cc), 6 Mitchell Brown, 5 Brodie Retallick, 4 Dominic Bird, 3 Nepo Laulala, 2 Hika Elliot, 1 Kane Hames
Replacementes: 16 Sebastian Siataga, 17 Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, 18 Atu Moli, 19 Taleni Seu, 20 Lachlan Boshier, 21 Jonathan Taumateine, 22 Stephen Donald, 23 Shaun Stevenson

Hurricanes: 15 Nehe Milner-Skudder, 14 Vince Aso, 13 Matt Proctor, 12 Ngani Laumape, 11 Julian Savea, 10 Beauden Barrett, 9 TJ Perenara, 8 Reed Prinsep, 7 Ardie Savea, 6 Brad Shields, 5 Michael Fatialofa, 4 Mark Abbott, 3 Jeffery Toomaga-Allen, 2 Dane Coles (c), 1 Loni Uhila
Replacements: 16 Ricky Riccitelli, 17 Chris Eves, 18 Ben May, 19 James Blackwell, 20 Callum Gibbins, 21 Chris Smylie, 22 Otere Black,23 Jordie Barrett

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
WOB, Vince Aso has been very impressive this year. What's his background? Is he ABs eligible? What are his chances for higher honours?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
WOB, Vince Aso has been very impressive this year. What's his background? Is he ABs eligible? What are his chances for higher honours?

Aso is an Auckland boy I think, think he born there and certainly went to St Peters college, and played for Auckland in NPC (or Mitre 10 or whatever). He usually a midfield back, but honestly Brumby although he quite a good player, don't really see him in All Black frame even though he is eligible, there to many others ahead of him I think. He probably able to play for Samoa through parent/grandparent rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.