• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hard to see Blues not finishing top; second & third up for grabs as are fourth to seventh but next to no chance of anyone in the latter group breaking into top-three; and Highlanders have the American History X style bite-the-curb position sewn up.

Hard to disagree with any of this.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

FRIDAY 20 MAY 2022​

19:05CRU
Crusaders
v
Fijian Drua
DRU
21:45RED
Queensland Reds
v
Moana Pasifika
MOA

SATURDAY 21 MAY 2022​

16:35CHI
Chiefs
v
Western Force
FOR
19:05HUR
Hurricanes
v
Melbourne Rebels
REB
21:45BRU
Brumbies
v
Blues
BLU

SUNDAY 22 MAY 2022​

15:35HIG
Highlanders
v
NSW Waratahs
WAR

You've gotta think home teams will win the first four but last two are wide open IMO. If I had to choose I'd go Blues & Clan but I wouldn't be putting any money on either.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Exactly what I was thinking WOB, both the last 2 you would think will be the games that will attract a lot of attention, I would agree that I suspect the home teams are going to be favourites on first 4. Bloody Clan/Tahs will be pretty interesting I reckon too!!

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Next round looks like another whitewash with the Brumbies still missing Valetini and the Tahs without Perese.

How many wins are Aussie sides on at the moment? 4?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Yeah there's not actually much incentive for the Reds to overtake NSW on the ladder and get rewarded with a trip to playoff-mode Death Star Cantabland.
Unless the Crusaders pass the brumbies on the table, which is probably a better than even chance given the remaining matches. In that case the reds will really want to push past the tahs into 6 for that quarter against the brumbies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Next round looks like another whitewash with the Brumbies still missing Valetini and the Tahs without Perese.

Yes it's four:

Week 10 Brums v Clan: Aus 1-3 NZ
Week 11 'tahs v CruSadists & Brums v 'canes: Aus 2-2 NZ
Week 12 Brums v Tribe: Aus 1-3 NZ
Week 13: Aus 0-4 NZ

Overall Aus 4-12 NZ

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)

Given not addressed the basic reasons for the imbalance between kiwi and oz sides I am relatively happy with oz sides achieving 4 wins and some close games. Brumbies and tahs competitive…reds sort of competitive but underwhelming given expectations and force and rebels not really competitive.

I don’t fault oz super rugby sides endeavour but don’t see this as a sustainable competition unless the structural design flaws are addressed.

Reactions: dru

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fair enough. Just the first time I've seen it done by a Super Rugby Team. Welcome to Country usually not done by the team itself

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CeAjoJEDZ5A/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Since when have Super Rugby teams been allowed to do a haka before a game? I also thought that this was also an All Blacks thing?
I'm not sure if you have seen Drua play many games, as thay did a Cibi before them in early games, and both them and MP (Moana Pasifika) did one when they played. But BH right it was for cultural round. Also Blues did one for Moana Pasifika before their game.
I actually quite liked in the cultural round where the welcome to the country involved the 'smoking ceremony' (apologies as I don't know correct name) that involved players in a small way.

Last edited: