• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yeah apparently planning a Super Rugby ‘A’ tournament minus wallabies later this year when NRC would have taken place.
Throw in Australia A and the pathways are slightly improving again after been butchered thanks to COVID.
Maybe also an opponent to reset nrc as to me as previously posting as my proposal for nrc mark 3 leveraging the existing super rugby brands is perhaps a better low risk option with better positive brand development and fan engagement for broader super rugby brands as well as providing critical pathways. It also gives us back somewhat the super rugby au concept that worked!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Cool I suggested the super rugby sides minus the wallabies playing each other as our next nrc was the ideal so excited to hear this is potentially happening. Assume would include drua as per my previous desire. Tahs to play out of leichardt for this super rugby a nrc series please is also part of the wish.
I think the Drua minus test players may struggle to field team RN?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think the Drua minus test players may struggle to field team RN?
I think you might find Dan that Fiji has more depth to fill the gaps in terms of best players at club level vs other super rugby sides replacing wallabies with best club players. Yeh might be a bit mismatched but be crazy not to include them.

I assume MP (Moana Pasifika) players would go to nzs mitre 10 or do they need to be part of our super rugby a competition?

Also wonder if pacific cup will be played same time as super rugby a competition as that would mean more opportunities for best club players to.come in.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think you might find Dan that Fiji has more depth to fill the gaps in terms of best players at club level vs other super rugby sides replacing wallabies with best club players. Yeh might be a bit mismatched but be crazy not to include them.

I assume MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika) players would go to nzs mitre 10 or do they need to be part of our super rugby a competition?

Also wonder if pacific cup will be played same time as super rugby a competition as that would mean more opportunities for best club players to.come in.
Well as most of MP (Moana Pasifika) are already contracted to NPC teams I assume they just stay there. I not sure, but I would assume that MP (Moana Pasifika) would struggle a little finacially to put a team in Aus comp anyway, but as I said only really Lealiifano and maybe one or two others aren't in NPC teams. So it probably not as important for them, as I think the idea is just to keep playing at a decent level , and not necessarily as a team.

Wallaby Man

Trevor Allan (34)
I think people will find the Drua are more a pathway team to other opportunities than a direct link to the national team. Most those Drua players won’t be selected over more established and currently better players in Europe. The Brums potentially will be more affected with national players than the Drua for some games

dru

Tim Horan (67)
FFS I hope ONE goddamn aussie team wins this weekend or semi-final week will be bloody miserable around here.

Plenty of us feeling like that, but I'm guessing the tipsters are thinking it is better than 50/50 for a Kiwi full house.

All the same, I just became a Waratah supporter. Shallow and two-faced of me I know, but there it is. Can you reopen the Super Rugby table? I am minded to change poles.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Plenty of us feeling like that, but I'm guessing the tipsters are thinking it is better than 50/50 for a Kiwi full house.

All the same, I just became a Waratah supporter. Shallow and two-faced of me I know, but there it is. Can you reopen the Super Rugby table? I am minded to change poles.
I feel like that's the correct order of support.

1. Your team,
2. Whichever Aussie team is in the match,
3. If two Aussie teams whichever one isn't the Brumbies,
4. MP (Moana Pasifika) or Fiji,
5. If both MP (Moana Pasifika) and Fiji flip a coin,
6. If two Kiwi teams, whichever team isn't the Crusaders

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I just became a Waratah supporter.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Wow
Reactions: dru

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
NZer correct order of support:

1. Your team
2. other NZ team in match (except cantabs)
3. If two NZ teams whichever one isn't the cantabs,
4. Moana Pasifika
5 Drua
6 Alltime Ranga XV
7 Alltime Sloppy Rig/Dad Bod XV
8 Alltime Airport XV
9 Alltime Crim XV
10 Hitler
11 Satan
12 The Devil
13 Vlad Putin
14 the cantabs

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah all good we did better then last season with 7 wins against kiwi sides vs 2 last season. if we keep on that improvement trajectory we will win all games against kiwi sides in a couple of years
Yep the 12 blokes rocking up to see the Chiefs with a near certain win in finals footy is the sign of a real healthy and well developed competition.

Last edited:

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

All the same, I just became a Waratah supporter. Their are treatment options available to deal with this. Please seek immediate help. :eek: o_O;)