• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 1 - Reds v Hurricanes

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I am really looking forward to the SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) player who put their hand up for Wallaby selection this week and every week.

GnGR should start a thread after this round of players who have put their hand up to be selected for test selection. I’m sure all of us armchair selectors will have a view!

Mr Eddie Jones is going to have a busy weekend. Love to know what he’s looking for.

Listen to his podcast. He's looking for workers - more off the ball than on.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
how the hell does one quantify the metric of mental strength of a 14year old
compare him to his peers at the time
watch how he develops over time
observe how he acts and behaves especially in game situations when under pressure
decision making and execution

Many many ways. They all go towards pundits making their mind up a kid is a "great " or an average player ( which leads to professional careers)

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
compare him to his peers at the time
watch how he develops over time
observe how he acts and behaves especially in game situations when under pressure
decision making and execution

Many many ways. They all go towards pundits making their mind up a kid is a "great " or an average player ( which leads to professional careers)
Jeez mate, having worked within a few high performance organisations, If you're able to quantify the metric of mental strength of an adult from his behaviour as a 14 year old purely as a causal observer and no direct involvement with him, then you should be sending your resume off.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
says the poster who just shit canned a player because of what he was doing as a 14 year old.
Wasn't shit canning but stating my observations

not as a 14 year old -- SINCE he was 14 years old (about 5 seasons worth of games and some training sessions)

But you are welcome to your opinion (or follow the leader if you want)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Wasn't shit canning but stating my observations

not as a 14 year old -- SINCE he was 14 years old (about 5 seasons worth of games and some training sessions)

But you are welcome to your opinion (or follow the leader if you want)
My apologies. Let me correct my statement.

Qldtragic said:
let them develop.
They are kids trying to match it with seasoned men

says the poster who just shit canned a player because of what he was doing as a 15 year old.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
For a guy with poor temperament and mental strength Taj Annan sure has done really well continuing to stand out at each age group, earning a Super Rugby contract straight out of school, making the under 20s squad and being selected for round 1 of Super Rugby in his first season.

Imagine how good he'd be if his mental strength wasn't holding him back so much!

MungoMan

Sydney Middleton (9)
Ok. Looking out for the workers.

Eddie will love the QLD backrow who I would think have the highest work rate…but need to do it off the ball too!
And off the playing field! They could endear themselves to management by doing odd jobs around HQ.