• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2024: NZ, Drua & Moana matches

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 10 only has one match again;

Saturday 27/04 Drua v Moana 14:05 NZST in Lautoka.

Read somewhere that Super Rugby will allow the regs around player hydration to be relaxed somewhat to allow for extreme conditions: apparently several Crusaders showed signs of heat stress after their game up there & presumably they wouldn't have been the only ones.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Week 11 again has just the one game:

Saturday 4/05 Moana v Highlanders 14:05 NZST at Nuku'alofa, Tonga.

Moana's first match up in the Kingdom so I'm sure the locals will pack the place out.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Three matches in Week 12:

Friday 10/05 Moana v Chiefs 7:05: at Mount Smart so will be interesting to see how many people rock up (Wahs haven't won in a month so that might help).
Saturday 11/05 Blues v Hurricanes 4:35
Saturday 11/05 Highlanders v Crusaders 7:05

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
That game in Tonga showed what a crowd can do to enjoy a day at rugby. They were great entertainment , as was fella on the microphone, they looked to just be having a lot of fun.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
He's been pretty quiet with ball in hand the whole season and Proctor has been significantly better than him throughout. Would surely be a favourite to be the ABs centre, especially if J.Barrett is at IC.

For the Blues I'd assume Heem (IC) and Lam (C) will be the Blues midfield. Though I'd hope the Blues forwards return to running the power game right from the start. Not like no one knows it's coming by this point.

EDIT: Not too often you see two 6'4 midfielders lining up against each other.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
He's been pretty quiet with ball in hand the whole season and Proctor has been significantly better than him throughout.
I agree. He's keen on D but makes bugger all breaks and still throws too many ropey passes for a centre. Slightly odd how he seems to have tenure on the AB 13 jersey.....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Though I'd hope the Blues forwards return to running the power game right from the start. Not like no one knows it's coming by this point.
Bleus seem to have worked out that if you keep the discipline to go Route 1 monster truck cock and ball pummelage for the first hour then by the last 20 they'll be weeping shattered shells of men.

Thats when you break out the Hi-Watt Polynesian B-Ball Jailbreak Supermax Murderblitz.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Can't make up my mind how this one will go, even as a Canes man. I honestly really impressed with the Blues confrontational style of play and reckon these 2 forwards packs are going to be worth watching without the backs being involved.
I see front row as being Canes (even though I worried no hooker as such) Canes props are seriously good.
Locks definitely goes to Blues
Loosies battle is going to be worth paying to watch. Canes, Ione at 8, Lakai/Kirifi 7,Shields at 6 with Flanders and either Kirifi/Lakai on bench.
Blues Sotutu at 8 is going bloody well. Papali'i at 7 and Ioane/Segner (not sure of injury to Ioane) at 6, that there is a battle by itself.
Fairies in backline, Canes got it at 9 with TJ, Blues at 10 Plummer, Canes midfield JB and Proctor, Blues wings Telea and Clarke, and Canes get 15 with Love.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In the other game I suspect Clan maybe too good for Crusaders, though not really convinced as I thought the Reds on Saturday may well have touched up the Clan more than they did the Crusaders.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Moana Pasifika: Danny Toala, Nigel Ah Wong, Pepesana Patafilo, Lalomilo Lalomilo, Neria Fomai, D’Angelo Leuila, Aisea Halo, Lotu Inisi, Alamanda Motuga, Miracle Faiʻilagi, Allan Craig, Semisi Paea, Suetena Asomua, Sama Malolo (capt), Saketi Latu. Reserves: Tomasi Maka, Abraham Pole, Sione Mafileo, Tom Savage, Irie Papuni, Siaosi Nginingini, Otumaka Mausia, Kyren Taumoefolau.

Chiefs: Etene Nanai-Seturo, Liam Coombes-Fabling, Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea, Daniel Rona, Josh Jacomb, Xavier Roe, Wallace Sititi, Luke Jacobson (capt), Simon Parker, Tupou Vaa’i, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Reuben O’Neill, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Ollie Norris; Reserves: Tyrone Thompson, Jared Proffit, Sione Ahio, Hamilton Burr, Kaylum Boshier, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Rameka Poihipi, Gideon Wrampling.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Tele’a, AJ Lam, Bryce Heem, Caleb Clarke, Harry Plummer, Taufa Funaki, Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papali’i, Akira Ioane, Sam Darry, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Marcel Renata, Ricky Riccitelli, Ofa Tu’ungafasi. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu’a, Angus Ta’avao, Josh Beehre, Adrian Choat, Sam Nock, Corey Evans, Cole Forbes.

Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, TJ Perenara, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, Brad Shields (capt), Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Tyrel Lomax, Kianu Kereru-Symes, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Raymond Tuputupu, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Pasilio Tosi, Justin Sangster, Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Richard Judd, Bailyn Sullivan.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Highlanders: Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens, Timoci Tavatavanawai, Tanielu Telea, Jake Te Hiwi, Martin Bogado, Cameron, Folau Fakatava, Nikora Broughton, Sean Withy, Oliver Haig, Fabian Holland, Mitch Dunshea, Jermaine Ainsley, Henry Bell, Ethan de Groot (capt); Reserves: Jack Taylor, Ayden Johnstone, Saula Mau, Will Tucker, Will Stodart, James Arscott, Sam Gilbert, Finn Hurley.

Crusaders: Johnny McNicholl, Chay Fihaki, Levi Aumua, Dallas McLeod, Sevu Reece, David Havili, Noah Hotham, Christian Lio-Willie, Corey Kellow, Cullen Grace, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett (capt), Fletcher Newell, Codie Taylor, Tamaiti Williams. Reserves: George Bell, George Bower, Owen Franks, Jamie Hannah, Tom Christie, Mitchell Drummond, Rivez Reihana, Macca Springer.

RemainingInTheGame

Allen Oxlade (6)
Blues: Zarn Sullivan, Mark Tele’a, AJ Lam, Bryce Heem, Caleb Clarke, Harry Plummer, Taufa Funaki, Hoskins Sotutu, Dalton Papali’i, Akira Ioane, Sam Darry, Patrick Tuipulotu (capt), Marcel Renata, Ricky Riccitelli, Ofa Tu’ungafasi. Reserves: Kurt Eklund, Joshua Fusitu’a, Angus Ta’avao, Josh Beehre, Adrian Choat, Sam Nock, Corey Evans, Cole Forbes.

Hurricanes: Ruben Love, Josh Moorby, Billy Proctor, Jordie Barrett, Kini Naholo, Brett Cameron, TJ Perenara, Brayden Iose, Peter Lakai, Brad Shields (capt), Isaia Walker-Leawere, Caleb Delany, Tyrel Lomax, Kianu Kereru-Symes, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Raymond Tuputupu, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Pasilio Tosi, Justin Sangster, Devan Flanders, Du’Plessis Kirifi, Richard Judd, Bailyn Sullivan.
Good to have Zarn is back.

His boot is a great exit strategy that I think has been missed during his injury.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)

As expected. Again, would've preferred Vikena and I believe McWhannell is injured. Or, at least, looked that way at the back end of the first half in Melbourne. Can't imagine why he wouldn't be playing if he isn't. Good to have Akira back. Ditto Sullivan. Lam will be up against it defending against Proctor and the Hurricanes attack, so hopefully he can at least do enough to contain them.

Hurricanes surely trolling with the 6:2 bench...