• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Grand Final - Reds v Brumbies - Saturday 8th May 2021

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Best you can come up with to bait a Qlder is a picture of an historic Waratah front row?
Though you were better than that.

Fair criticism........

Take 2:

D9Df1MuU4AAy4RI.jpg

the-australian-wallabies-front-row-of-rodney-blake-tai-mcisaac-and-picture-id71175548

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
Had a few drinks after work in the Brisbane CBD. Most of the chat was who’s going to the Reds and where will we meet for a beer beforehand. How good is that.

Wasn’t that long ago I was having a few drinks in town on a Friday arvo with the Reds playing in NZ at 4.30 and no one even knew the game was on.

rodha

Dave Cowper (27)
Robbie played him at tighthead...

I seem to recall that Alexander was Robbie's first choice tighthead for a decent period, then was shifted to loosehead to cover during some injuries to the incumbents, I swear it was during the B&I Lion's series, and was much to the dismay of Wallabies supporters?

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Had a few drinks after work in the Brisbane CBD. Most of the chat was who’s going to the Reds and where will we meet for a beer beforehand. How good is that.

Wasn’t that long ago I was having a few drinks in town on a Friday arvo with the Reds playing in NZ at 4.30 and no one even knew the game was on.
The vibe is pumping. I had a meeting in the city yesterday and on arrival the receptionist had a Reds jersey on, and walked through to the boardroom and the CEO, CFO and two others also had Reds jerseys on. I didn’t even know they followed rugby. We talked about Thorn and the Reds for half an hour. I’m pumped.

PhilClinton

John Hipwell (52)
A bit of a lol moment but also sad, Foxsports main page today nothing in the top headlines for the Grand Final.

In fact they have a local derby countdown for the two shittest teams in the NRL Cowboys v Broncos as the headline banner.

I get that Fox cut their rugby ties, but no matter how you feel about them, the brand Fox Sports is synonymous with sports in Australia. Limited exposure on their media outlets doesn’t help our game.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Looks like ill miss my second final in a row. Best of luck to both teams. I hope there are no serious injuries and they put on a show.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
A bit of a lol moment but also sad, Foxsports main page today nothing in the top headlines for the Grand Final.

In fact they have a local derby countdown for the two shittest teams in the NRL Cowboys v Broncos as the headline banner.

I get that Fox cut their rugby ties, but no matter how you feel about them, the brand Fox Sports is synonymous with sports in Australia. Limited exposure on their media outlets doesn’t help our game.
Agree. It’s a very sad reflection on modern media where they increasingly use their inflluence to drive self interest instead of providing a balanced view. Unfortunately I don’t see it changing.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Agree. It’s a very sad reflection on modern media where they increasingly use their inflluence to drive self interest instead of providing a balanced view. Unfortunately I don’t see it changing.

Its always been thus.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Bond vs GPS stream just said Blyth has been pulled from the game to join the Reds squad, anyone know if there has been an injury or if it's just cover in case of an injury in warmup?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bond vs GPS stream just said Blyth has been pulled from the game to join the Reds squad, anyone know if there has been an injury or if it's just cover in case of an injury in warmup?

Pretty standard for basically an extra 'bench' to warm up.