• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Grand Final - Reds v Brumbies - Saturday 8th May 2021

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Hope that makes you feel better. Seems to me there’s been way more chat bigging up the Reds rather than the other way around. Heaps more posts from Reds supporters than Brumbies, and I don’t think that any Brumbies supporters think that we’re a shoe in. It is what it is on Saturday night. I’ll be over the moon if the Brumbies win but if they don’t so be it. About time some other team lifted their game.

Relaaaax the post was clearly in jest, the bookies obviously have the reds as favourites, will be a very close game though

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Apart from the lack of Sorovi I'm happy with the team. Maybe one could argue swapping Hegarty with Daugunu but to be fair to Hegarty, he's done pretty well and offers some additional goal kicking options.

ASY (Angus Scott-Young) thoroughly deserves to be there, been the best blindside breakaway in the comp by a country mile.

Go QLD
Valentini?

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
A packed stadium and the Reds bench will get the job done for them. Wright, Mafi and Daugunnu are the type of players that will come on and make their presence felt from the moment they get on the field.

A lot will come down to how Taniela is reffed at scrum time as well. The Brumbies will be in Berry’s ear the moment the captains toss the coin on Saturday night. There has been a lot of over analysis of his technique this season, the fact is he’s the most dominant prop in the comp and teams work specific plans to counter this at scrum time. I might regret this come full time but glad Berry has the whistle and not Murphy in terms of the set piece, that’s a win for both teams in my opinion.

The problem with arguing that he has been cheating all year is that you are also telling the referee that he has done a poor job all year.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Honestly how bloody good is it to be hyped for some rugby again? Might see if i can grab a couple of tickets for this. Hope the reds win.

(Also the GAGR insta mentioned that the match has been moved to channel 9?)

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Come on Reg. Your comment THORN YOU FOOL, proves you had the same reaction as most of us.
I think we can still pull off a win, I’m just a bit more nervous now because I had my team picked.

I was being facetious because the two selections I was adamant about (Wright and Vunivalu) didn’t happen.

I’m all for this team and have been since it was announced.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Well, someone should have the balls to tell the truth. Pity it might have to be a player.

The Brumbies have a long history of being hingers in the scrum. Bill Young and Ben Alexander folded quicker than a camp chair.

If I remember correctly, the Brumbies and their coaching staff in Eddie Jones set Australia back decades in scrum development because of their lack of emphasis on picking props who could scrum rather than their work rate.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Say what you will about his progression in rugby so far but it would have been great to have Vunivalu playing tomorrow night.

The Storm coming off a thumping win the NRL has them in the headlines, it would have fed nicely into Storm premiership winger taking the field in Super Rugby Grand Final and probably got a few casuals turning on the tv. Ah well, save that for next year!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Brumbies have a long history of being hingers in the scrum. Bill Young and Ben Alexander folded quicker than a camp chair.

If I remember correctly, the Brumbies and their coaching staff in Eddie Jones set Australia back decades in scrum development because of their lack of emphasis on picking props who could scrum rather than their work rate.

al-baxter-brendan-cannon-and-matt-dunning-prepare-to-pack-a-scrum-picture-id52954466