• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Grand Final - Reds v Brumbies - Saturday 8th May 2021

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know a lot of people seem to rate the art of lineout calling right up there at the level the medical fraternity rate chiropractors, but coaches seem to feel it’s an important skill.
hang about - lineout calling is way, way more scientific than chiropractic !

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Are Slipper, Folau F and Samu fit? Think the Brumbies are toast if all 3 or 2 out of these three aren't playing

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I can't see any reason that Wright is benched for ASY (Angus Scott-Young).

I think a few people are forgetting just how good a player Liam is

THORN YOU FOOL!

1. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers ©
11. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Josh Flook – Brothers
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Seru Uru – Easts
20. Liam Wright – Easts
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Isaac Henry* – Wests
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Big outs for the Brumbies.........

BRUMBIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville,
Nick Frost, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks
Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Harry Lloyd, Tom Ross, Henry Stowers, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Reesjan Pasitoa, Mack Hansen

INs: Henry Stowers, Harry Lloyd

OUTs: Pete Samu, James Slipper

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I can't see why the love affair with Kalani Thomas. Against the Force, when he came on, there was no X factor - it was as though the Reds lost momentum.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
THORN YOU FOOL!

1. Feao Fotuaika – Sunnybank
2. Brandon Paenga-Amosa – Sunnybank
3. Taniela Tupou – Brothers
4. Ryan Smith – Brothers
5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto – Souths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Fraser McReight – Brothers
8. Harry Wilson – Brothers
9. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
10. James O’Connor – Brothers ©
11. Jock Campbell – University of Queensland
12. Hamish Stewart – Brothers
13. Josh Flook – Brothers
14. Jordan Petaia – Wests
15. Bryce Hegarty – GPS

16. Alex Mafi – Bond University
17. Dane Zander – Norths
18. Zane Nonggorr – Bond University
19. Seru Uru – Easts
20. Liam Wright – Easts
21. Kalani Thomas – University of Queensland
22. Isaac Henry* – Wests
23. Filipo Daugunu – Wests

Picked Flook and ASY (Angus Scott-Young). I are so smort.

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Big outs for the Brumbies...

BRUMBIES (1-15): Scott Sio, Lachlan Lonergan, Allan Ala'alatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville,
Nick Frost, Rory Scott, Rob Valetini, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks
Reserves: Folau Fainga'a, Harry Lloyd, Tom Ross, Henry Stowers, Luke Reimer, Ryan Lonergan, Reesjan Pasitoa, Mack Hansen

INs: Henry Stowers, Harry Lloyd

OUTs: Pete Samu, James Slipper

Frost at 6 is interesting. No slipper hurts, Brumbies have already struggled at scrum time at the back end of games.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Clearly thorn seems to think there's going to be a lot of kicking in this game and has put Hegarty there to run the territory operation with Campbell being solid on the wing, and Daugunu to come on when things get looser. I'd be very interested to see if Vunivalu is being left out for injury or selection reasons or both. Honestly thought he'd at least make the bench.

Not as mad about the Wright move, he can still come on and make a big impact including with the hand of god. On tix, looks like about 36k sold atm, i reckon they'll get 42k.

Who is reffing? Has to be Nick Berry for me. Damon Murphy is just not up to the standard. Jordan Way is incredibly litigous. I'd be fine with Amy Perrett too who's been in good form

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Clearly thorn seems to think there's going to be a lot of kicking in this game and has put Hegarty there to run the territory operation with Campbell being solid on the wing, and Daugunu to come on when things get looser. I'd be very interested to see if Vunivalu is being left out for injury or selection reasons or both. Honestly thought he'd at least make the bench.

Not as mad about the Wright move, he can still come on and make a big impact including with the hand of god. On tix, looks like about 36k sold atm, i reckon they'll get 42k.

Who is reffing? Has to be Nick Berry for me. Damon Murphy is just not up to the standard. Jordan Way is incredibly litigous. I'd be fine with Amy Perrett too who's been in good form

If I had my choice it would be Perrett.

If I wanted a Ex Red 9 with a clearly obvious bias to undeservingly hand Qld the match then I'm happy with either Berry or Murphy.

Reactions: dru