• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rnd 3: Brumbies vs Rebels, Sat 06/03/21

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Forgot about the 20 minute rule with the red card. Not such a fan of it now it affects my own team.

Surely if you lay a tackle like that you don't deserve to be able to be replaced after 20 minutes. Rebels butchering this 20 minutes.

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
What a horrible game to watch, been viewing it on Gem, not a good advertisement for the game as a whole

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Mauls are like when you are having a really great time at the pub then the missus sends you home to do the dishes and do your tax return

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Push the opposition maul backwards, or stop it.
Nigh impossible when the attacking team splinters and shifts the point of pressure. No disrespect to Brumbies for doing it, it works fo for it. Same tactics as Rebels but the reffing feels like they’re removing the ability to contest.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
No more mauls!!!? (sorry)

The full team obstruction is one of the most frustrating parts of our game in my opinion. We can talk on and on about how to defend it, but if they’re going to let teams keep doing them, I think they need to start putting more onus on the attacking team to keep it up and reward defending teams who come through the middle despite bind changes.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
It’s line ball wether those that joined the maul did so in front of the ball carrier.

Also a maul can only exist in the field of play so once it crosses the try line it can be collapsed. So are you OK to collapse as a defender once you cross the try line?