• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rnd 3: Brumbies vs Rebels, Sat 06/03/21

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I can't think of a position where the Brumby was better than his opposite. At the same time I can't say they didn't deserve it.

Unlucky Rebels.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well done Brums. Deserved the win for been the team most likely.

Rebels will continue to be difficult to beat, especially when they finally return home

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I can't think of a position where the Brumby was better than his opposite. At the same time I can't say they didn't deserve it.

Unlucky Rebels.

I was thinking about this, definitely 13 and probably whatever wing Pincus was. Also I thought Hardwick was great until the final 10. Lost the game for them.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Well - I was cheering for the Rebels, but for the second week I enjoyed watching an Aussie kicker - actually two Aussie kickers - putting on such a quality display.

Congrats Brumbies. It wasn’t pretty at times, but a win is a win.

Commiserations Rebels fans. I feel for you.

Reactions: dru

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Unlucky Rebels.
There was plenty.

Banks > Pincus
Brown > Hardwick
AAT (pre card) > Fa’amasuili
Ikitau > Ili

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Commentators cursed the Rebels there. One minute after bringing up Hodge kicking long range bombs, Longeran steps up and kicks an absolute pearler (arguably harder than the ones Hodge missed for the Wobs last year).

Very positive play from the Brumbies to finish that game. I really think Damon has gone downhill as a referee over the last few years. Berry clearly the top Aussie ref these days and Damon becoming a penalty wizard. At least to my eye; the stats themselves could say different.

Jeeper

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I feel sorry for Koro, he was about the only Rebel looking likely to do anything in attack.

Great contest, bittersweet to end with a penalty goal.