• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby AU Rnd 3: Brumbies vs Rebels, Sat 06/03/21

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It definitely wasn’t in the locks or either wing. But yes it’s incorrect for anyone to say no position outplayed each other. It was pretty even across the board.

At least one lock and one wing.........

Hosea and Koroibete were great, but their partnering player........ meh.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Interesting. Again I thought it was master and apprentice.

To'omua threw several passes that lead directly to a turnover. Hodge as well.

To'omua was typically strong running and tackling, though. Really is the best 12 in the country, out of position. Id swap him and Hodge.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Really? Props, one lock, no 8, outside centre, fullback and one wing....

Rebels props ran the ball well in open space, but got munted in the real front row work.

Which wing? Muirhead and Hansen were both very quiet, Muirhead tackled at 50%. Anderson and Koroibete were much more effective.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Can anybody who went to the match confirm the crowd size?

Talk is that it was only just over 3,000.

Andrew Forrest had about 40 in his corp box which was reportedly equal to all other corporates.

Surely that's a real problem for rugby in Oz when that's the support in one of our heartlands.

Apologies Brumbies and Rebels fans - I intended to post this on the Waratahs v Force game.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
At least one lock and one wing...

Hosea and Koroibete were great, but their partnering player.... meh.
RHP and Hosea both were 2 of the best on park. Anderson didn’t receive a yellow and was far more involved than Hansen

Dctarget

John Eales (66)

Andrew Forrest had about 40 in his corp box which was reportedly equal to all other corporates.

Surely that's a real problem for rugby in Oz when that's the support in one of our heartlands.

just over 3,000 would be cooked. Surely not?

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Well done Brumbies for the win, but two things stuck in my mind regarding the refereeing.

Number two is the penalty kick to win was awarded about a metre at least into the Brumbies half , he took it bang on the half way and it got over by a bees’ dick . The ref has to make a mark .

I’ve watched this a few times and I don’t think there is any issue here. The ruck was formed just on the Brumbies side of the field. The infringing player has his feet on the halfway line as he plays the ball. Fair enough to take it from the spot of the infringement.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)

Crowd looked alright, about on par with the usual. Brums don’t need to create hyperbole around crowds to justify their existence. Let’s remember this was the official crowd at the first Force game

Attachments

• 12242BB5-75AF-4CDD-AD39-F02D7DA3AB69.png
    12242BB5-75AF-4CDD-AD39-F02D7DA3AB69.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 145

syndrome

Stan Wickham (3)

Long weekend in Canberra and short notice game that wasn’t in a lot of supporters plan. That said it looked like it wasn’t as many as last week, but way more than 3000. I would have guessed around 7000.

rugbyskier

Ted Thorn (20)

More than that, I would estimate around 7k. It's a long weekend in Canberra and the match was moved at short notice so there was going to be fewer people than last week.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I actually had family come down to Melbourne for a visit, timing it to also attend the game here...........

That didn't go to plan.

syndrome

Stan Wickham (3)
Frustrating game as a Brumbies supporter to watch at the game. Forgot my radio and it wasn’t always clear to the crowd what the referee was doing a lot of the time, but I was on the halfway line and watched Lonergan take that kick...very impressive kick!

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
In all seriousness defence is great but if you can’t score points what’s the point? We need to look to attack more

Clawhammer

Herbert Moran (7)
Wasn't much fun watching that (apart from the end). Lonergan had a terrible night at the lineouts. Rebels remind me a bit of Jake White-era Brumbies, ugly but effective.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Thoroughly enjoyed last nights game. Still some sloppy play by both teams but overall the the quality of play was better than the night before. The Rebels are a team to watch and if they can get some momentum to the try line we might see interesting results moving forward. Does anyone have any insight on Carter Gordon and where he’s at? Gordon is an attacking playmaker and could be the link with To'omua to get some tries happening.