• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Au Rnd 4 - Brumbies V Reds Gio Stad Canberra 13Mar

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
This will be a hard fought game, with the Brumbies holding home ground advantage.
Both sides are undefeated, with each just managing to beat the Rebels.
The Brumbies do have a number of players on the injury list, while the Reds have players coming back. Additional, the Reds have just had a bye, and are refreshed, whereas the Brumbies had to play their socks off for their win against the Rebels.
So where do the punters put their money?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Hopefully Fainga’a is back, because the Brumbies are now without Slipper, McInerney and AAA.......... as well as Wright.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Rooting for the Reds here. If i were Thorn i'd be spending the whole week on maul defence because if they can defend the maul well that's half the Brumbies penalties and points gone.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies have been playing damn well and are playing at home.

Reds have been hit and miss and are playing away.

Brumbies by 8 I reckon. At least. Reds not quite clicking yet.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds still without Wright and Fotuaika, maybe BPA as well.
But LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) due to return following his ban, and Ryan Smith has been signed as short term cover, so might come onto the bench.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) will probably only get 20 mins, as he has had no active game time.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Dane Zander probably has good reason to like this post
5ACE422B-80E2-42A1-9EC6-0D167AB9DC95.jpeg

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
I think the Reds might edge the Brumbs this time, I just think the front row battle will favor the Reds with the Brumbies out 2 hookers and a Test Prop and the Reds likely having Ruan 'love to scum' Smith. That means the Reds should have scrum dominance with both the first and second unit with the front rows.

As for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) I see no reason to not start him (or play him 40 odd), he's not been injured but so he would have been training etc. I wouldn't think he'll start as Blyth and Uru have been doing a good job in the row but I'd expect the team will expect him to contribute significantly.

I think Lolesio might be shown up a little bit, against the Rebels there were a few times he just looked physically shown up by To'omua, and I would expect the Reds backline with O'Connor, Stewart & Pisami will REALLY make him feel ... uncomfortable.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
seems it will be Paisami 12, Petaia 13 and Vunivalu on the wing with LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) pushing hard to take Seru's spot. I guess the thinking he can go as hard as he can for 30-40 mins and Seru can finish off.

That is interesting. Has Stewart made the bench?

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I’m not concerned about LSLs conditioning, hasn’t played a full match, but would have been leading up all the opposed sessions.

Feel sorry for Stewart, but keen to see what Vunivalu can offer

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Forwards win matches. With Ala'alatoa, Slipper and McInerney all out or likely to be, this is set up for a Reds win.

There must be doubt about Samu and Ikitau too after the carnage of the Rebels game.

Reds by at least 10 - 12.

Expect the Brumbies to look a bit like this (assuming Fainga'a is available):

Sio, Fainga'a, Ross
Swain, Neville
Cusack, Valetini, Brown

White
Lolesio
Hansen, Simone, Kata, Muirhead
Banks

Lonergan, Lloyd, ????, Frost, Tucker, Scott, Lonergan, Pasitoa

Is Archer Holz a possibility as reserve THP?

EDIT : If Pasitoa is unavailable due U20s, then Fines back on the bench.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I think the Reds might edge the Brumbs this time, I just think the front row battle will favor the Reds with the Brumbies out 2 hookers and a Test Prop and the Reds likely having Ruan 'love to scum' Smith. That means the Reds should have scrum dominance with both the first and second unit with the front rows.

As for LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) I see no reason to not start him (or play him 40 odd), he's not been injured but so he would have been training etc. I wouldn't think he'll start as Blyth and Uru have been doing a good job in the row but I'd expect the team will expect him to contribute significantly.

I think Lolesio might be shown up a little bit, against the Rebels there were a few times he just looked physically shown up by To'omua, and I would expect the Reds backline with O'Connor, Stewart & Pisami will REALLY make him feel . uncomfortable.

Ruan Smith? Think the post was referring to Ryan Smith (second row).

Lolesio is a class player. I reckon he'll go ok against JOC (James O'Connor) and the over-hyped Stewart. Paisami and Petaia in the centres will be a challenge.

EDIT : Just noticed on the Reds thread that Ruan is back in the country. Looks like the Reds might have landed another top line prop to their roster.

Cancelled Account

Desmond Connor (43)
Forwards win matches. With Ala'alatoa, Slipper and McInerney all out or likely to be, this is set up for a Reds win.

There must be doubt about Samu and Ikitau too after the carnage of the Rebels game.

Sio, Fainga'a, Ross
Swain, Neville
Cusack, Valetini, Brown

White
Lolesio
Banks

Woah! I never thought I would hear these words BR.
I want this to be a good win for our team but the Brumbies can bring it home when the opposing team gains too much confidence. I still think it will be a close match and the team with heart getting the W. The forwards in the scrum and the penalty count will determine the outcome this weekend. Reds by 5.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
You'd expect Stewart should make the 23, although the staff seam to rate Hegarty much more highly than the fans. I'm not sure how covers wing / fullback if one of the back 3 goes down.

If the Reds want to win the comp they've gotta prove they can go down to the ACT and shut out the Brumbies.

Having said that I don't think anyone (even the Crusaders) could put too many on the Brumbs Reds by no more than 8.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)

Sio, Fainga'a, Ross
Swain, Neville
Cusack, Valetini, Brown

White
Lolesio
Banks

So from the starting lineup, Brumbies are only missing one forward?