• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Fantasy 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Newb said:
***NEWS FLASH***

the G&GR Fantasy League is up and running!!

to join is simple. create your team first (if you impatient bastards haven't already), go to the leagues tab in the menu bar, then click on the create/join tab.

we are a private league, so you'll need this code to join: 1099-1359

type that in and you should be sweet. report back with any problems, and thanks for your patience!

Newb

I've been having a dickens of a time finding a website that appears to be running a Super rugby fantasy league for 2011.

Fox Sports has listed NRL for 2011 but not Super rugby.

Any information Gaggers?

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Jeez I would be very surprised if Foxsports has canned its Fantasy Comp. Would be crushed if that was the case.

Can't see a reason why they would stop doing it, so I assume they may be waiting on squad/injury information before kicking it off.

T

TOCC

they probably looked at the cost/return from the publicity it generated vs the cost of maintaining the site and decided it wasn't worth it..

I to would be devastated if they canned it, me and my mates go into a pool together, $20entry fee, 1st takes 60%, 2nd takes 30% and 3rd takes 10%...
Normally we had about 30 people enter, so for first place you stand to win around $400

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Actually, now I think of it it would be an absolute bastard to run. You would need a few people almost fulltime taking stats for every player and updating scores.

Anyone want to drop them a line?

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
They would just plug in the stats that the commentary team receive. I don't think it would be that hard to do with the right program.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Barbarian,
I met a guy from Fox Sports last year who works on the Rugby Club show, amongst others, and have asked him what the go is for 2011.

Stay tuned.

T

TOCC

en_force_er, just email foxsports and ask them..... simple

My mates have emailed them in the past over what they though was discrepancies in the scoring of some players(yes my mates get involved) and the foxsports guys have always been receptive, mostly in a humorous way, but receptive nonetheless.

Dont we have a foxsports employee on this site?

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
The missus - herself an avid player of the fantasy game - pointed out that last year it went up very late. Am still crossing things in hope

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd be gutted if Fox canned the S15 fantasy game. I've played it the last 3 (or maybe four) seasons. I was actually going to start a thread on this, because I wanted to gauge interest in a GAGR league. Sounds like there might be a few takers.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
There will definitely be a league, as there was last season. Newb took out the whole shebang in 2009, and will no doubt be on hand to offer us mere mortals invaluable advice again.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
We had over 100 entrants last year, and spent weeks as the top pool in the comp.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd be very interested in a Gagger league, particularly if they had one of those leagues where the teams go head-to-head each week.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i've been wondering the same as i haven't seen anything from fox yet. i think we did a tri-nations fantasy comp through sportal because foxsports didn't have one for that and i personally thought it was horrible. the sports illustrated link looks similar. not nearly as much detail as the fox version (tackles, pilfers, try assists, line breaks, etc.)

will be interesting to see what BJ comes back with for news

M

mayhem

It's not a fantasy league but have a look at Gamezon

It's run like an office pool, so not an in depth. I've signed up so I can get my work mates involved. They aren't as fanatical as I am, so should be good to get them involved.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
We'll definitely have both fantasy and tipping. Hopefully both with prizes

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's not a fantasy league but have a look at Gamezon

It's run like an office pool, so not an in depth. I've signed up so I can get my work mates involved. They aren't as fanatical as I am, so should be good to get them involved.

hmmmm, a digital fusion production it says? So who do you work for mayhem? Looking for a bit of a free plug hey hey? We're not too keen on that around here, at least in your first post....but if you were prepared to throw some sponsorship money our way then we may be prepared to ignore such 'mistakes'.

Status
Not open for further replies.