• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Fantasy 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mayhem

hmmmm, a digital fusion production it says? So who do you work for mayhem? Looking for a bit of a free plug hey hey? We're not too keen on that around here, at least in your first post....but if you were prepared to throw some sponsorship money our way then we may be prepared to ignore such 'mistakes'.

The question was asked about Super Rugby fantasy league websites. Just trying to be helpful RugbyReg.

Unfortunately I don't know of any fantasy league sites but there is also SuperBru with is based on a prediction type game.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
OK, it's not the Fox version, but I have found a fantasy super rugby game - via twitter. www.justrugby.net are running one - it's a bit different to the Fox game in that you pick a squad of 30, but are only allowed 10 transfers for the season. Also , no salary cap, and slightly adjusted scoring system, so new tactics will have to be adapted. Worth a look if you're desperate

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Absolutely, we'll have one up in the next day or two. Until then I believe you can register your account and start working on your teams, then join our league when we're up and going...

T

TOCC

interesting to note that Dabo Direct are also the sponsor of the Foxsports SuperRugby Fantasy league....

Low interest home loans as prizes i wonder??

Empire

Syd Malcolm (24)
Team done! I was sweating on fox providing the fantasy comp again, there isn't any real substitute for it!

Some of the prices for players are outrageous, either too exxy or too cheap.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The prices are actually good now, the cap was too high imo.

Just curious, do people go really in depth in their selections? ie. Look at who's playing who and which player is going to rack up points in that contest? Take into account byes, and next opponents in order to work out trades?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Just curious, do people go really in depth in their selections? ie. Look at who's playing who and which player is going to rack up points in that contest? Take into account byes, and next opponents in order to work out trades?
One can put a LOT of time into fantasy rugby, managing byes, injuries, salary cap etc.

Newb won the FoxSports Fantasy in 2009, and last year wrote a piece each week.

Here is his first post on the basics: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/ggr-fantasy-league-basics/
and you can see the weekly reports here: http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/author/newb/

R

Richard D. James

I'm in!

Already in the PR league, will join the GaGR league when its up.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have a rule to only pick Aussie players. But rules have restricted that this year. Had to pick two stinking kiwis, although one is Aussie Dan Braid.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
The prices are actually good now, the cap was too high imo.

All of the above. I spend way more time on this than I should.

Status
Not open for further replies.