• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby final Crusaders @ Blues

Who are you supporting?

• the table topping Blues

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • THE 16-1 BLUES

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • anyone but the Crusaders

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • hi I'm Waiopehu Oldboy!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • the professional rugby union footballing franchise from Auckland

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • can they both lose? (but the Cantabs more so)

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • GO THE BLUES!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I hope Ben O'Keef isn't reffing

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"O’Keeffe will be assisted by Australian Nic Berry and fellow New Zealander Stu Curran. The television match official (TMO) will be Kiwi Shane McDermott.

"The Crusaders have an 83% winning record when O’Keeffe officiates their games, losing just three of 18.

"The 33-year-old has, however, never refereed a match between the Blues and Crusaders."

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
"O’Keeffe will be assisted by Australian Nic Berry and fellow New Zealander Stu Curran. The television match official (TMO) will be Kiwi Shane McDermott.

"The Crusaders have an 83% winning record when O’Keeffe officiates their games, losing just three of 18.
Anyone who has reffed the Crusaders in last few years would have to have pretty close to that kind of record with Crusaders wouldn't they? They don't lose many games.
Bit like the Nigel Owens and ABs.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Loss Bleus:

1. Alex Hodgman, 2. Kurt Eklund, 3. Nepo Laulala, 4. Josh Goodhue, 5. Tom Robinson, 6. Akira Ioane, 7. Adrian Choat, 8. Hoskins Sotutu, 9. Finlay Christie, 10. Beauden Barrett, 11. AJ Lam, 12. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 13. Rieko Ioane, 14. Mark Telea, 15. Stephen Perofeta.

Reserves: 16. Soane Vikena 17. Karl Tu'inukuafe 18. Ofa Tuungafasi 19. Luke Romano 20. Dalton Papalii or James Tucker 21. Sam Nock, 22. Bryce Heem 23. Zarn Sullivan.

CruSadists:

1. George Bower, 2. Codie Taylor, 3. Oli Jager, 4. Scott Barrett (c), 5. Sam Whitelock, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Tom Christie, 8. Cullen Grace, 9. Bryn Hall, 10. Richie Mo'unga, 11. Leicester Fainga'anuku, 12. David Havili, 13. Jack Goodhue, 14. Sevu Reece, 15. Will Jordan.

Reserves: 16. Brodie McAlister, 17 Tamaiti Williams, 18 Fletcher Newell, 19 Quenten Strange, 20 Corey Kellow, 21 Mitch Drummond, 22 Braydon Ennor, 23 George Bridge.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Loss Bleus:

1. Alex Hodgman, 2. Kurt Eklund, 3. Nepo Laulala, 4. Josh Goodhue, 5. Tom Robinson, 6. Akira Ioane, 7. Adrian Choat, 8. Hoskins Sotutu, 9. Finlay Christie, 10. Beauden Barrett, 11. AJ Lam, 12. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, 13. Rieko Ioane, 14. Mark Telea, 15. Stephen Perofeta.

Reserves: 16. Soane Vikena 17. Karl Tu'inukuafe 18. Ofa Tuungafasi 19. Luke Romano 20. Dalton Papalii or James Tucker 21. Sam Nock, 22. Bryce Heem 23. Zarn Sullivan.

CruSadists:

1. George Bower, 2. Codie Taylor, 3. Oli Jager, 4. Scott Barrett (c), 5. Sam Whitelock, 6. Pablo Matera, 7. Tom Christie, 8. Cullen Grace, 9. Bryn Hall, 10. Richie Mo'unga, 11. Leicester Fainga'anuku, 12. David Havili, 13. Jack Goodhue, 14. Sevu Reece, 15. Will Jordan.

Reserves: 16. Brodie McAlister, 17 Tamaiti Williams, 18 Fletcher Newell, 19 Quenten Strange, 20 Corey Kellow, 21 Mitch Drummond, 22 Braydon Ennor, 23 George Bridge.
I think that Blues backline is my favourite backline of the past 10 years, including Bryce & Zarn on the bench. I would start Zarn over Perofeta but fucking hell it's a good team. remember watching them in Melbourne and every single one of them were just monsters.

Would love to see this team go up against European teams, reckon the Euro ones will get creamed.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
The Cantab mafia swinging into action to appoint a denizen of Blenheim to officiate. Can only hope that a heroic unnamed former Auckland Blues coach is preparing a cunning plan to counter this blatant stitch up.
O’Keefe did a pretty good job last week assisting the blues to victory.
Surprising Gardiner not used, as a far better ref and better fit for this game.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
O’Keefe did a pretty good job last week assisting the blues to victory.
Surprising Gardiner not used, as a far better ref and better fit for this game.

Gardner is just as much of a lottery as O'Keeffe - six in one hand half a dozen in the other.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The Cantab mafia swinging into action to appoint a denizen of Blenheim to officiate. Can only hope that a heroic unnamed former Auckland Blues coach is preparing a cunning plan to counter this blatant stitch up.
Hey O'Keefe saw the problem of being a South Islander quite sometime ago and is a resident of the Mighty NUA, so obviously a good man for job!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)

1199142354rocket-fuel-burning-closeup-gif.gif

MAY THEIR NAMES BE WRIT LARGE IN THE ANNALS OF DESTRUKTIONNE, MURDER, DEATH AND BOOMFA. THE TEARS OF RED AND BLACK CHILDREN, THEIR DREAMS SAVAGED IN THE NIGHT, THE VORTEX OF INESCAPABLE GRAVITATION, IT IS AFLAME WITH THE BLUE LIGHT OF DIVINITY, MOVE TOWARDS THIS LIGHT DERPUS, FOR THIS LIGHT IS DIVINE, YEA THOUGH UNTO THEE UPON ITS BLUE WINGS RIDES THE PROPHESISED SACRAMENT OF ALL THAT IS UNHOLY IN THE EYES OF SATAN, JESUS, SHIGGINS, SANTA, CYCLO AND THE 3-HEADED HYDRA OF THE PROMISED BLACK AND BLUE AUCKPOCALYPSE.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
1199142354rocket-fuel-burning-closeup-gif.gif

MAY THEIR NAMES BE WRIT LARGE IN THE ANNALS OF DESTRUKTIONNE, MURDER, DEATH AND BOOMFA. THE TEARS OF RED AND BLACK CHILDREN, THEIR DREAMS SAVAGED IN THE NIGHT, THE VORTEX OF INESCAPABLE GRAVITATION, IT IS AFLAME WITH THE BLUE LIGHT OF DIVINITY, MOVE TOWARDS THIS LIGHT DERPUS, FOR THIS LIGHT IS DIVINE, YEA THOUGH UNTO THEE UPON ITS BLUE WINGS RIDES THE PROPHESISED SACRAMENT OF ALL THAT IS UNHOLY IN THE EYES OF SATAN, JESUS, SHIGGINS, SANTA, CYCLO AND THE 3-HEADED HYDRA OF THE PROMISED BLACK AND BLUE AUCKPOCALYPSE.
Don’t get yourself too hyped up Dismal. Might come back to bite you on the arse!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
If that disdainful shithawk TJ and his #1 lackey Justine Marshriek are in the booth I will be muting this fucker. 45,000 in the crowd or 450,000, I'll never know, I'd rather sit there in silence than have TJ and Marshitshart blatantly pumping their boys onto greater deeds.

All accusations of hyperbole aside, you don't send Osama Bin Laden and his chauffeur to the one place they hate the most to call the Superbowl.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If that disdainful shithawk TJ and his #1 lackey Justine Marshriek are in the booth I will be muting this fucker. 45,000 in the crowd or 450,000, I'll never know, I'd rather sit there in silence than have TJ and Marshitshart blatantly pumping their boys onto greater deeds.

All accusations of hyperbole aside, you don't send Osama Bin Laden and his chauffeur to the one place they hate the most to call the Superbowl.
Not going to be in attendance?

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Over 45,000 tickets have already been sold for the season finale of Super Rugby Pacific between the Blues and Crusaders on Saturday night - the first fixture to fill every seat at Eden Park since the opening Bledisloe Cup test last August - but this morning Eden Park Trust chief executive Nick Sautner told Newstalk ZB that the stadium has worked out a unique way to pack a few more fans in.

"We've been working with the Blues and we've implemented a standing-room area on the field of play - something unique, given the demand for the event has been unprecedented," Sautner said.

Status
Not open for further replies.