• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 2: Rebels v Hurricanes

Marce

Jim Lenehan (48)
Shame Louis is English, lives in England where his family and friends are and wants to play for England. Then Monty is from Melbourne, with kids and a wife and parents in Melbourne and wants to play in Melbourne.

Apart from that I agree with you.
Tom is Italian and now is living in Australia lol

Lynagh, 17, was named in an England U18 training squad earlier this season, following in the footsteps of his older brother, Louis, who played for England U18 and is currently playing senior rugby for Harlequins, with whom Tom is currently in the Academy.

Tom is qualified for Australia through his father, for Italy through birth and through his mother, and for England through residency, having grown up there, but the move to Queensland suggests that Australian Rugby certainly have him in their long term thoughts.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
How I saw it Drew, thought Rebels turned off at times, but then just seemed to click into gear, and when they clicked they looked good.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
How I saw it Drew, thought Rebels turned off at times, but then just seemed to click into gear, and when they clicked they looked good.
The difference in the game was your canes were just smarter. The were confident they had points in them and were happy to take the three when they had an easy look.

We always went for 7, it was dumb Rugby

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The difference in the game was your canes were just smarter. The were confident they had points in them and were happy to take the three when they had an easy look.

We always went for 7, it was dumb Rugby
Yep Rebel, thought your fellas turned off a couple of times, think it was 9 who made a superb break, that noone seemed interested in trying to get to in support, saw it a couple of times, but the one I mentioned I thought could have lead to something real good. To be honest, I also wondered if Canes relaxed a bit when they got a lead as well.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Yep Rebel, thought your fellas turned off a couple of times, think it was 9 who made a superb break, that noone seemed interested in trying to get to in support, saw it a couple of times, but the one I mentioned I thought could have lead to something real good. To be honest, I also wondered if Canes relaxed a bit when they got a lead as well.
It was one of the best games I have been to live. Both sides attacked and took their chances but the fatigue let the other sides counter punch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Mate no disagreement with it being a bloody good game, and am so pleased that fans like you who went to game were rewarded. Also great to read a comment, from a proper rugby fan who can thoroughly enjoy a game even when own team is pipped. You a man after my own heart I think.

KevinO

John Hipwell (52)
The game was good, atmosphere was good, Rebels played a game plan that will cause issues for a lot of teams if they can keep it going.

Gripes: AAMI park renovations, I understand your upgrading stuff for FIFA. But you need some form of screen at the South end. Having a semi obstructed view of the big screen at the far end and knowing I am blocking someone else's view by trying to see it.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The game was good, atmosphere was good, Rebels played a game plan that will cause issues for a lot of teams if they can keep it going.

Gripes: AAMI park renovations, I understand your upgrading stuff for FIFA. But you need some form of screen at the South end. Having a semi obstructed view of the big screen at the far end and knowing I am blocking someone else's view by trying to see it.
Yeah not having a screen was pretty amateur stuff.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Mate no disagreement with it being a bloody good game, and am so pleased that fans like you who went to game were rewarded. Also great to read a comment, from a proper rugby fan who can thoroughly enjoy a game even when own team is pipped. You a man after my own heart I think.
I just want to see the rebels play entertaining rugby and bring the fans back. It’s what the sport needs and it’s what the comp needs. Melbourne has been poor on field since its inception but a strong team in Melbourne benefits Aus and NZ.

If we play like that I have confidence people will start to return and it won’t be like the last few years where there are 2/3k there

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Mafileo suspended for three weeks after the usual 50% discount for being a cleanskin & pleading guilty. Article I saw referenced the WR (World Rugby) "tackle school" but didn't read as if he'd get a further week off for attending.

ASav's hearing is tonight.

Reactions: dru

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Looks like ASav's stupidity has been deemed a YC offence & been added to an earlier YC making it the equivalent of a Red resulting in a one week suspension.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's a pretty fair judgement in my opinion.
Fair or not, in two weeks time the Waratahs play the Hurricanes in Wellington. An Ardie Savea champing at the bit is not something the Tahs would relish.
The Blues this week on the other hand will be cheering non-stop!

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Hopefully the Rebels players and some on here can sleep safe and sound knowing Ardie will be under maximum security at Rikers Island. I hope the screws check him thoroughly for shanks prior to his release and return to Super Rugby. Has Reece Hodge entered witness protection?