• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 6 Stormers vs Reds Sun 25th 2.15 AEDST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Apologies it was Bulls.
3:00 mark

Sadly it was Genia who kicked it, but I'm sure Higgers has ended up on the end of one or two of his own kicks.
Also fuck he looks fit there!

Watching that replay as a whole, I think Higgers will also take some pressure off Tuttle being able to do some of the forwards distribution and take some sniping runs from the base of the ruck (I think Tuttle needs some work on both those things).

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Apologies it was Bulls.
3:00 mark

One of the best Reds games I was priviledged to watch. I was actually sitting in the corner & above the try line where Higgers
scored. Was absolutely sensational. No wonder there were big crowds flocking to the ground.
Thanks for the video BB.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
One of the best Reds games I was priviledged to watch. I was actually sitting in the corner & above the try line where Higgers
scored. Was absolutely sensational. No wonder there were big crowds flocking to the ground.
Thanks for the video BB.
Yep it was amazing atmosphere that game too. Crowd was as vocal as I’ve experienced at a reds game.

Remember some very big scrums too by Weeks, Saia and Daley too (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yep it was amazing atmosphere that game too. Crowd was as vocal as I’ve experienced at a reds game.

Remember some very big scrums too by Weeks, Saia and Daley too (I think).

The crowd doesn't actually look as packed as it sounds anyone know the attendance?

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds team named:

St.George Queensland Reds team to play Stormers
1:15am AEST, Sunday 25 March – Newlands Stadium, Cape Town
1. James Slipper (C) – Bond University (100th Queensland/Super Rugby cap)
2. Alex Mafi – Bond University
3. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
4. Izack Rodda - Easts
5. Kane Douglas - Norths
6. Angus Scott-Young – University of Queensland
7. Adam Korczyk – University of Queensland
8. Caleb Timu - Souths
9. Ben Lucas - Sunnybank
10. Jono Lance – University of Queensland
11. Chris Feauai-Sautia - Souths
12. Duncan Paia’aua - Norths
13. Samu Kerevi - Souths
14. Filipo Daugunu - Wests
15. Aidan Toua - Easts

16. Brandon Paenga-Amosa - Sunnybank
17. JP Smith - GPS
18. Sef Fa’agase – University of Queensland
19. Harry Hockings – University of Queensland
20. Scott Higginbotham - Wests
21. Tate McDermott – University of Queensland
22. Hamish Stewart – Bond University
23. Eto Nabuli - GPS

http://redsrugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...-Reds-team-to-play-Stormers-in-Cape-Town.aspx

So Mafi starts with BPA on the bench, Higgers takes Wright's spot on the bench, Lucas at 9 with McDermott on the bench and Duncan back at 12 with CFS on the wing for Nabuli.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
And the Stormers:

15 Craig Barry,
14 JJ Engelbrecht,
13 EW Viljoen,
12 Damian De Allende,
11 Raymond Rhule,
10 Damian Willemse,
9 Dewaldt Duvenage,
8 Nizaam Carr,
7 Cobus Wiese,
6 Siya Kolisi (captain),
5 Pieter-Steph du Toit,
4 Jan de Klerk,
3 Wilco Louw,
2 Ramone Samuels,
1 JC Janse van Rensburg.

Substitutes:
16 Dean Muir,
17 Steven Kitshoff,
18 Carlu Sadie,
19 Chris van Zyl,
20 Kobus van Dyk,
21 Sikhumbuzo Notshe,
22 Justin Phillips,
23 George Whitehead
https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/SuperRugby/stormers-shuffle-pack-for-reds-showdown-20180322

Kitshoff to the bench may see us get the early scrum dominance but then have it swing back the other way when he comes on.

T

TOCC

Duncan in at 12 as another kicking options was expected, and rotation at hooker is just to maintain energy levels IMO. Tuttle must either have an injury or be needing a rest, otherwise no good reason he wouldn’t be in the 23.

Still expect the reds game plan to be kicking too the corners and going for the lineout

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Good Reds team. Looking forward to seeing how that backline goes. Quite well balance IMO.

With Mafi starting it’ll be interesting if we can really turn the screws in the scrums.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Duncan in at 12 as another kicking options was expected, and rotation at hooker is just to maintain energy levels IMO. Tuttle must either have an injury or be needing a rest, otherwise no good reason he wouldn’t be in the 23.

Still expect the reds game plan to be kicking too the corners and going for the lineout

Yeah, Tuttle concerns me. There hasn't been anything mentioned about him being injured perhaps he's just not at 100% and Thorn wants him to get the two weeks off.
Also... I see Ben Lucas playing halfback... again... haven't seen him play fly half yet. :p (I don't think it was actually you TOCC)
I actually don't think Lucas has been convincing yet, I was disappointed in his game management last week -- you kind of expect someone with so much experience to find ways to take that pressure off your kickers (not saying he outright did anything wrong, just he could have perhaps been better).

I'm a little worried about Mafi starting at hooker, his lineouts aren't amazing but are fairly consistent so should be okay, I'm a little disappointed to see Ready out of the 23, but BPA has been good.

Otherwise as predicted. Interesting that Higgers is coming off the bench, although fairly conservative.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
I think Higgers not coming on at the start and keeping Slipper as match captain is a good move. I'm a big fan of his play & experience, but this is sensible for a player who has only participated
in 9 mins of the first game of the season. Also will be a nice boost when he does run on. By then Kolesi will be less dominant.
Also agree that Lucas looked a little sluggish as half last weekend. And I thought he carried a bit of extra weight which surprised me considering Thorn's fitness regime.

Status
Not open for further replies.