• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 7 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
So much wrong with that collapse. Cancelled sport from Stan account in disgust at half time at that call, despite improved Tahs effort.

Checked Twitter, Laurie rabbiting on about no brumbies still attached, didn’t leave maul intentionally.

First thought was methinks milady doth protest too much based on number of tweets from him. Had a look at gif to see if he had a point. 6 gold was still attached at point FF (Folau Fainga'a) cannonballs in with the chop. And even even if you try to take that his view re maul being over you still have FF (Folau Fainga'a) off feet, down on one knee + questionable arm usage.

https://ibb.co/T0x17mz

No doubt next year this one will be in the GMG presentation, but the professional game will have dug it’s grave 5 1/2 feet down by then.

Fair weather fan at his best, cancels Stan because he doesn't like one ref decision.. jesus Th0mo its the first game the Tah's have been in it nearly all season.. You dont like the maul we all get it, but its part of the game and the Tah's Brumbies games over. Go watch league.. cancel Stan.. jesus

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Fair weather fan at his best, cancels Stan because he doesn't like one ref decision.. jesus Th0mo its the first game the Tah's have been in it nearly all season.. You dont like the maul we all get it, but its part of the game and the Tah's Brumbies games over. Go watch league.. cancel Stan.. jesus

Harsh, maybe. The game needs some passion! I'm guessing Thomo might be back - hardly a fair-weather fan if they have Stan Sport and blow up at the intricacies of maul rulings.

And congrats Tahs on a great game - with at least 3 soft tries conceded in the first half, I just thought it was going to be more of the same, but I really liked the fact they improved through the game. A rev-up might get you through the first 20 minutes, but they looked best at the back end of the game.

Th0mo

Herbert Moran (7)
Fair weather fan at his best, cancels Stan because he doesn't like one ref decision.. jesus Th0mo its the first game the Tah's have been in it nearly all season..

Straw that broke camels back. Nothing OK about super rugby this year from a NSW pov and I don’t feel like paying to watch it anymore. If I am feeling masochistic the remaining Tahs games this cycle are on FTA.

And I barely glance at league outside SOO and mauls are fine when actually refereed. TMO could do more checking collapses and scrutinising attacking mauls post tries being awarded.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
From what I saw, FF (Folau Fainga'a) should be on some sort of notice for that cannonball into the Tahs maul. Dopey stuff. Mystifying that it was deemed not to be YC threshold. Looked to me to be the example to be used in the refs handbook.

Latu saw red for a similar incident a few years back. If Latu had done that people would be calling for the end of his bloodline. Was extremely dangerous.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
That’s the bigger picture the Tahs management never connected the dots on, if you save money on a cheaper (read weakened) roster and they aren’t up to standard, you lose money at the gate and through subscription television. People have a right to vote with their feet and their wallets.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That’s the bigger picture the Tahs management never connected the dots on, if you save money on a cheaper (read weakened) roster and they aren’t up to standard, you lose money at the gate and through subscription television. People have a right to vote with their feet and their wallets.
I don’t care if sfs being rebuilt or whatever excuse but to have only sydney pro rugby side draw couple of thousand fans every week is an absolute indictment on nswru board to allow it to get to this situation.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

How do you know why the Board and management was making the decisions that they made? We are going through an absolutely diabolical economic situation, and it might just be that they made the best decisions they could based on the worst-case scenario. They did cut costs, but maybe that was actually the right thing to do. Tim Rapp was not on the board, he seems to have made at least one disastrous decision. Why don't you blame him?

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
How come no one else tightened the purse strings? Fact is, rugby is struggling to convince the fair weather fan. how’s running out an under strength team that gets flogged week in week out going to get non rugby people interested?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
How do you know why the Board and management was making the decisions that they made? We are going through an absolutely diabolical economic situation, and it might just be that they made the best decisions they could based on the worst-case scenario. They did cut costs, but maybe that was actually the right thing to do. Tim Rapp was not on the board, he seems to have made at least one disastrous decision. Why don't you blame him?
We do

dru

Tim Horan (67)
[quote="wamberal, post: 1194651, member: 1924" and it might just be that they made the best decisions they could [/quote]

Nope. Few of us seeing it that way. Very few.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)

Yep I have to say wamberal, while it appears the board has made a mess, as you say we do not know all the reasons. And as someone who has been on rugby boards at different levels quite a bit, I would say the easiest thing at times is to sit at home and be an expert. While not in anyway trying to defend NSWR, and not agreeing with a lot of decisions, I don't know why they were made.