• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby RD 7 - Waratahs v Brumbies

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
And you thought last week was ugly!!!
If this young side's heart wasn't broken before this, it surely is now.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Will Cusack be back this week? Looks like Brown might be out for some time. Scott might find he's starting.

I understand Tom Wright will be back. Starting or off the bench?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I feel for tahs
And you thought last week was ugly!!!
If this young side's heart wasn't broken before this, it surely is now.
at least some positives in attack but defence hmm appears they decided that was optional

At least the positives in attack made me feel tahs watchable

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
This should get ugly, sides have been known to rally and get up for a game around adversity but I just can't see this side doing that. Maybe if they brought in Chieka to motivate them for the remainder of the season which would be a blessing to anyone watching the Stan coverage, at first I thought he was more insightful then I had first given him credit but the last two weeks he has been unbearable.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
This sould get ugly, sides have been known to rally and get up for a game around adversity but I just can't see this side doing that. Maybe if they brought in Chieka to motivate them for the remainder of the season which would be a blessing to anyone watching the Stan coverage, at first I thought he was more insightful then I had first given him credit but the last two weeks he has been unbearable.
Bringing cheika in for a session at least not a bad idea

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Might not suit Cheika.
Yeh agreed - especially if would like to be in the mix for coaching role. My thoughts are cheika probably up for another coaching gig but does not look like much come through for bigger coaching gigs other then smaller league coaching roles

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yeh agreed - especially if would like to be in the mix for coaching role. My thoughts are cheika probably up for another coaching gig but does not look like much come through for bigger coaching gigs other then smaller league coaching roles

Sure, but coming in to the Waratahs job would be negotiated with everything on his side. We've seen how that works before when he took over from Linc. If Cheika is not interested in simply a short term single season gig, it won't happen that way.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sure, but coming in to the Waratahs job would be negotiated with everything on his side. We've seen how that works before when he took over from Linc. If Cheika is not interested in simply a short term single season gig, it won't happen that way.

Was not suggesting for a season but originally coming in for a one training session to impart some wisdom but was agreeing he won’t do that if in the mix for taking tahs coaching gig for 2022. Whether in the mix and/or something interested in of course unknown

Reactions: dru

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
England looking for a new coach lol he would be perfect.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, David Porecki, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Jeremy Williams, Max Douglas, Hugh Sinclair, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Jake Gordon (c), Will Harrison, James Ramm, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks
Reserves: Tom Horton, Tetera Faulkner, Darcy Breen, Michael Wood, Charlie Gamble, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed, Mark Nawaqanitawase
INs: Michael Wood, Charlie Gamble, Jake Gordon
OUTs: Sam Caird, Sam Wykes, Henry Robertson
BRUMBIES (1-15): Harry Lloyd, Folau Fainga'a, James Slipper, Nick Frost, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Tom Cusack, Pete Samu, Nic White (c), Noah Lolesio, Andy Muirhead, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Tom Wright, Tom Banks
Reserves: Lachlan Lonergan, Fred Kaihea, Sefo Kautai, James Tucker, Rory Scott, Ryan Lonergan, Bayley Kuenzle, Mack Hansen
INs: Nick Frost, Tom Cusack, Tom Wright, Bayley Kuenzle,
OUTs: Darcy Swain, Jahrome Brown, Reesjan Pasitoa, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Bell - 20, Porecki - 28, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) - 24, Williams - 20, Douglas - 21, Sinclair - 28, Tizzano - 21, Harris - 20! Is this the youngest pack ever to take the field in Super Rugby?