• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 1: Brumbies v Force

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Dangit. Was rooting for the Force. Fuck the Brumbies maul-athon bullshit.

Godwin failing to find touch there a drop-able offence IMO (unless it was taken back?).

Confucius Say

Arch Winning (36)
Dangit. Was rooting for the Force. Fuck the Brumbies maul-athon bullshit.

Godwin failing to find touch there a drop-able offence IMO (unless it was taken back?).
Brumbies offside at last kick off. Referee not even looking and AR on 10m line. If that’s in general play or within the 22m, the officials will ping you.
Good win to ACT.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
I don't understand the final kickoff, why would you not only kick 10m to give your own players a chance to get to the ball? Brumbies had plenty deep waiting for the kick to the 22 so a short kick would give the Force a numbers advantage.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brumbies don't like a fast game - very lucky not to see yellow in the first quarter with Swain taking out Pasitoa on the kick through, and then Neville just diving straight into the side of a ruck on the line. Their quality got them there in the end and the Force will be ruing a bit of laziness after scoring their final try. Set two more rucks, kick it out, put the lineout under pressure, and they might have won that. Godwin kicks it down the middle of the pitch under pressure, and they were gassed.

Force will be more competitive this year, with their halves a bit more active and some more time together. Not sure they'll trouble the Reds, but the Tahs, Rebels, and Drua are there for the taking with their physical style of play and a bit more spark behind the pack.

Brumbies scrum and lineout probably won't be that shit again. I predict a lot of work at training this week and a few quiet threats to Fainga'a regarding his throwing.

Prior: 3 chargedowns. Not helpful. IFL was also a bit of a handbrake when he came on, but finished well

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Overall: good, physical match up which showed (along with the Tahs) that we might just be turning a corner on matching it with the Kiwis at the top end.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
White making an absolute pest of himself
Really got under their skin, didn't he. One of the better performers on the ground, admittedly among many on both sides.

On the subject of good performances, the Ref had a cracker - every other on the weekend was very poor.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Pretty good game so far in my opinion. A real arm wrestle.

I'm impressed Pasitoa. Looks composed and has a good eye for opportunity, without overplaying his hand and wanting to be the belle of the ball (like Gordon did so yesterday).

Having watched every game this weekend, I'd rank the 10s as such:

1. Pasitoa
2. Donaldson
3. Lolesio
4. JOC (James O'Connor)
5. Gordon

Also a big fan of this Force hooker, and Len Ikatau continues to be excellent.
I agree that Pasitoa looks really good in the 10 jersey for the Force, but Noah today showed he is still a margin better than any of the competition at 10.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Really enjoyed the Swain vs Rodda battle here, both players really stood up and brought their own strengths to the game. Might just make an excellent lock pairing for the Wallabies come July.
Not only those two. All locks on both sides had strong games. Definitely the best locking combinations in the 5 Aus teams.