• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Brisbane Broncos have been granted exemption to enter Melbourne for the Storm game this weekend, and they came straight from Brisbane I believe.

I imagine this means Reds will be free to enter as they've been in Sydney.

Zero_Cool

Arch Winning (36)
Yeah, was going to say exactly that, if the Broncos can get it surely the Reds will be allowed in... If they aren't @Rebels fans should riot in the streets (but in a COVID safe way)!

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
When it comes right down to it, if the Rebels supporters thought they could win the game they wouldn't be bitching this much.
How do you get to that conclusion? We lost by 3 points away even with the Queensland government making travel arrangements as difficult as possible. Also without a proper trail game and the bye in round one. I am expecting us to win this time

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
How do you get to that conclusion? We lost by 3 points away even with the Queensland government making travel arrangements as difficult as possible. Also without a proper trail game and the bye in round one. I am expecting us to win this time

Me too! Rebels outsmarted us in the first game which was incredible considering all they went through. Lazarus stuff. Now we've been stuffed around, we've been poor and we've lost a key strike weapon out wide and we've had to borrow undies I believe from staff at Rugby Australia. Meanwhile the Rebels have been able to sleep in their own beds for a couple of weeks now having had the bye last week. If they DON'T win this week, it would be ridiculous.

Rebels by 15 (5 To'omua penalty goals)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Reds clear favourites, unbeaten run, top of the table. Rebels have actually been sleeping restlessly because our home beds are so unknown. Barely recognise our kids, miss the country road with a camp bed. Firm advantage to Reds. Rebels barely beat WF, Reds put record score on them. If Reds don't beat us by 20+ it's a moral victory.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
If we lose this game to interstate it will be the second time some of us Rebels fans have booked seats for Rugby Australia to cancel on us. All because the Reds wanted to stay in Sydney. It’s pathetic and rugby wonders why it struggles to attract new fans.

No it would actually be because the Reds are from Queensland and the Victorian government imposed rules on those coming from Queensland. There is zero outbreak in NSW and has no bearing on them been able to play in Victoria.

What I thought was pathetic were the suggestions that a forfeit is a better solution then moving the game interstate, that’s the kind of which is why Australian rugby fails to attract new fans.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
There is literally no problem with coming to Melbourne, just get your tests done instead of waiting for the situation to worsen and become more complicated. The Vic government gives exemptions for the AFLW to go ahead when we were in lock down FFS.

There is no problem in NSW though..

And just to clarify, getting a test done doesn’t mean you are COVID free, plenty of people, my co-worker included who was in hotel quarantine tested negative at day 4 but tested positive on day 10. Intubation periods mean it doesn’t test positive immediately .

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
What I thought was pathetic were the suggestions that a forfeit is a better solution then moving the game interstate, that’s the kind of which is why Australian rugby fails to attract new fans.

Should clarify, not that I ever suggested it, but a forfeit only benefits us Rebels which is all we care about please and thank you.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
So Anderson is out with ankle syndesmosis which sucks, he was really reliable and looking good. Surely can't be starting Lomani on the wing. Be great time for DHP to come back.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
So Anderson is out with ankle syndesmosis which sucks, he was really reliable and looking good. Surely can't be starting Lomani on the wing. Be great time for DHP to come back.

Surely Tonumaipea would come in to the starting 15, DHP had not even had contact 2 weeks ago since the Brisbane test last yr.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
No it would actually be because the Reds are from Queensland and the Victorian government imposed rules on those coming from Queensland. There is zero outbreak in NSW and has no bearing on them been able to play in Victoria.

Mate they could of come here just like the Lions once they pass a test they would face no other restrictions. Doesn’t matter if tests are always accurate or not. Once they had done it they would just be like any other member of the community. Rugby struggles to attract new fans as their is a prevailing attitude that expansion markets should just be grateful to have a team and it’s pathetic

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
Well the Reds have done the worst thing possible moved Jock to the wing and brought in Hegarty at fullback. Jock defence on the wing was horrible last time he played there.

Daugunu is on the bench with Petaia on the other wing.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Mate they could of come here just like the Lions once they pass a test they would face no other restrictions. Doesn’t matter if tests are always accurate or not. Once they had done it they would just be like any other member of the community. Rugby struggles to attract new fans as their is a prevailing attitude that expansion markets should just be grateful to have a team and it’s pathetic

Mate.. There is no covid in NSW, remaining in Sydney achieves the same as travelling to Melbourne.. lions were already In Melbourne

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
REBELS (1-15): Cabous Eloff, Jordan Uelese, Pone Fa'amausili, Steve Cummins, Trevor Hosea, Joshua Kemeny, Richard Hardwick, Michael Wells, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Reece Hodge, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani, Tom Pincus
Reserves: James Hanson, Matt Gibbon, Albert Anae, Tom Nowlan, Rob Leota, James Tuttle, Lewis Holland, Jeral Skelton, Lucio Sordoni, Glen Vaihu (two to omit)
INs: Albert Anae, Lewis Holland, Jeral Skelton
OUTs: Lachie Anderson

QLD REDS (1-15): Feao Fotuaika, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Ryan Smith, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Angus Scott-Young, Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor (c), Jock Campbell, Hamish Stewart, Hunter Paisami, Jordan Petaia, Bryce Hegarty
Reserves: Alex Mafi, Richie Asiata, Zane Nonggorr, Angus Blyth, Seru Uru, Kalani Thomas, Josh Flook, Filipo Daugunu
INs: Feao Fotuaika, Angus Blyth, Josh Flook
OUTs: DaneZander, Suliasi Vunivalu, Sam Wallis