• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 7: Rebels v Reds

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Well the Reds have done the worst thing possible moved Jock to the wing and brought in Hegarty at fullback. Jock defence on the wing was horrible last time he played there.

Daugunu is on the bench with Petaia on the other wing.

I think its more to combat the territory game the Rebels will be trying to play. We've now got three recognised kickers in the backs and won't mean JOC (James O'Connor) has to drop back all the time to help cover.

I'm surprised Feo is playing at Loosehead - both Zander and Hoopert are out?

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
I think its more to combat the territory game the Rebels will be trying to play. We've now got three recognised kickers in the backs and won't mean JOC (James O'Connor) has to drop back all the time to help cover.

I'm surprised Feo is playing at Loosehead - both Zander and Hoopert are out?

Yeah that makes sense and I guess the Rebels are most likely going to have Lomani on that wing against Jock so could be alright. Yeah Feo is a big surprise, good to see Flook back via the bench hope he gets a good run at the back end of the game.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
I've never really understood Lomani's place in this Rebels team. Supposedly he's the second choice at both half-back and wing, but has only ever looked average in either position.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Mate they could of come here just like the Lions once they pass a test they would face no other restrictions. Doesn’t matter if tests are always accurate or not. Once they had done it they would just be like any other member of the community. Rugby struggles to attract new fans as their is a prevailing attitude that expansion markets should just be grateful to have a team and it’s pathetic

More pathetic is your three pages of excruciating whinging over something that hasn't & isn't likely to happen. For Christs sake, move on man!

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
Mate they could of come here just like the Lions once they pass a test they would face no other restrictions. Doesn’t matter if tests are always accurate or not. Once they had done it they would just be like any other member of the community. Rugby struggles to attract new fans as their is a prevailing attitude that expansion markets should just be grateful to have a team and it’s pathetic

You're either trolling or a fair fool mate. It makes no difference the Reds being in Sydney or Melbourne. If they decide the Reds need 2 weeks cool down from when they left Brisbane then it doesn't matter where they are. It they're in Melb they won't let them play anyway. If they're in Sydney they will pop over for the game. They have done the right thing by not returning to QLD and you are ripping into them about it. You're a broken record, you've made your view clear and I don't think it is doing any good by repeating it for the 10th time. The game will go ahead, the Reds fly to Melbourne tomorrow.

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
On the actual game, not stoked with the Reds backline. I would have preferred a straight swap Droasese for Suli. No Daugunu is weird after his performance last week. Jock had his worst game in a while but still performs all fullback duties better than Hegarty. For me Jock is 15 or bench 15. Should be interesting.

Hopefully Skelton gets a decent run. Keen to see how he goes in 15s.

James GC

Larry Dwyer (12)
On the actual game, not stoked with the Reds backline. I would have preferred a straight swap Droasese for Suli. No Daugunu is weird after his performance last week. Jock had his worst game in a while but still performs all fullback duties better than Hegarty. For me Jock is 15 or bench 15. Should be interesting.

Agree with your points here, be good to see Skelton pin his ears back in the 15 game. He runs a bit like Digby Ioane, he will needto run with his head upright a bit more if he is to link up with support players.

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Surely the Rebels have someone else we can play on wing other than Lomani.

Anderson has been good, disappointing to see him out injured.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
You're either trolling or a fair fool mate. It makes no difference the Reds being in Sydney or Melbourne. If they decide the Reds need 2 weeks cool down from when they left Brisbane then it doesn't matter where they are. It they're in Melb they won't let them play anyway. If they're in Sydney they will pop over for the game. They have done the right thing by not returning to QLD and you are ripping into them about it. You're a broken record, you've made your view clear and I don't think it is doing any good by repeating it for the 10th time. The game will go ahead, the Reds fly to Melbourne tomorrow.
Righto champ. It’s not my fault you don’t understand. But let’s make this really simple if they came on Saturday or Sunday they wouldn’t be desperately trying to get approval as like the Lions they would be here. The conditions are for new arrivals.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Surely the Rebels have someone else we can play on wing other than Lomani.

Anderson has been good, disappointing to see him out injured.

Tonumaipea
Vudogo
Pincus (move hodge to 15, Illy to 12, a couple of others can play 13)
Illy (see above)

all options but lomani has played every game off the bench on the wing & Wessels looks to be sticking to his guns

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tonumaipea
Vudogo
Pincus (move hodge to 15, Illy to 12, a couple of others can play 13)
Illy (see above)

all options but lomani has played every game off the bench on the wing & Wessels looks to be sticking to his guns
Have no clue why either of them haven’t been tried off the bench. It was laughable last game with three halfbacks on the field at once. This isn’t suburban rugby

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)

Agree , don’t think many would have picked that starting backline for the Reds , but when you consider the bench it might just be the most flexible combination position wise the Reds have put on a rugby field .

Multiple players being more than capable of playing multiple positions. It gives Thorn the ability to change it up on the run and adapt to what’s happening. Also builds new combinations. With very little tinkering he can have his starting backline from last week on the field minus Vunivalu of course.

When I first looked at it I thought WTF , but when you consider the players and the bench , it gives Thorn plenty of options.

Let’s just hope they have a more concise game plan than last time we played the Rebels, that was hard to watch!