• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 4, 2018 - Jaguares vs Waratahs @ Buenos Aires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Backline passing is either

i) slow and loopy
ii) bullet like passing hard to catch
iii) they go all Harlem Globetrotter (particularly Folau)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I just don't think ex backs make good coaches, they under estimate and under appreciate the work of forwards.

grahamhenry_zps521dab57.jpg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
38-28 is quite misleading hey.

On the plus side Naiyaravoro gave their centre a bit of brain damage towards the end there. We should stick him in at 8.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Jags stiffed with the second last Tahs try. Forward pass and not grounded.

Ref barely checked any tries at all save the first and last. Jaguares had at least two where the pass looked a bit suspect. He didn't seem interested in checking high shots either (Holloway got Sanchez clearly quite high), very inconsistent with how all the other games have been officiated where any and all incidents have been reviewed with a fine tooth comb.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jags were good, and if they can repeat that they will give any side a show.

In the end, to only be beaten by 10 shows the Tahs did come back very well. Thought some subs stepped up well. Miller.

Was Hooper carrying an injury?

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

glass half full

Sydney Middleton (9)
I like that the Tahs are throwing it around but it does appear to be too indiscriminate at times and they invariably undo the good work and give possession away needlessly when in good field position.

Agree with others who say the back row looks a bit lightweight, they were well and truly outmuscled in the forwards.

Jaguars played very well and will be disappointed they didn't get the bonus point. How good is their hooker though.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Wow, let's hope that was a one-off, otherwise another shit season awaits.
Plenty of negatives:
Scrum got monstered again, way to many loose carries, Latu may be a good player, but like TPN before him, can't throw a ball into the lineout. The back four are defending poorly, not falling off tackles but making really poor decisions, which cost us two tries and a number of other breaks. Tawake offers nothing, can't see how he's there ahead of Vui, Kepu is really missed. Foley seems way out of form, apart from his goal kicking, which after three games is running at 100%.
On the positive side, our defence in the second half was pretty good, and the backs do look dangerous when they hang on to the ball. Hanigan was solid, Wells had his best game in a Tahs shirt, Gordon is really growing to this level, and unlike others, I thought Beale added real spark.
While it was a really disappointing performance, I guess it's some small consolation that we won the second half 21-5.
Interesting Shiggins, that there were only 4 ex Force players in the run-on Rebs that did so well on Friday, I think most of the kudos there goes to the coach (yes, he's ex force) and Genia for their turn-around.

Status
Not open for further replies.