• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Round 9, 2018 - Rebels vs Jaguares - Saturday 14 April @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tuculet and Creevy on the bench is strange. Boffelli is a talent but i think he looks more a winger.

Looks to me they might be targeting next weeks game against the Brums

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I dont actually think Sefa has enough subtlety in his game to be a 13. He is explosive but his hands leave alot to be desired.

That sounds just about right for a WB 13.

Only thing is i don't get why Uelese isn't in the starting xv, is this going to be our new "why isn't Fainga'a or hardwick starting at 7 discussion"? Rangi is a solid player but i don't think he offers more than Uelese.

What has Rangi done wrong though? I thought he has been playing well.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
That sounds just about right for a WB 13.

What has Rangi done wrong though? I thought he has been playing well.

He has been playing well, absolutely no doubts about that however Uelese was the incumbent prior to injury, played fairly solidly without being spectacular prior to this. But at the end of the day in my opinion he isn't a better player than Uelese, i also think Rangi is a better impact player than Uelese so more suited to the bench. I can see both sides of the argument tho. It's a good problem to have if we can't justify one over the other without been critical of any performances. :)

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
Would you believe it, the game that ALL three of my boys will attend, we get a severe weather warning.
I bailed because it looked too nasty to take my 1 and 3 year olds and now it seems to have cleared up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Coleman looks a lot better today, a number of dominant tackles of the kind that punctuated his excellent season in Gold last year.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yep with all the talent on disposal yet again rebels outside of mafi are just so ordinary.

Looks like rebels will lose to jaguars - hopefully this is the wake up call for how shit as a team they are playing despite all their supposed talent. Sorry but to claim wessels is a great coach after rebels last 3 games is not a good call!

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Looks like rebels will lose to jaguars - hopefully this is the wake up call for how shit as a team they are playing despite all their supposed talent. Sorry but to claim wessels is a great coach after rebels last 3 games is not a good call!

Melbourne rebels you are shit and keep serving up that rubbish you wont get me keep watching your games

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Much as I hate to agree with Marto, I think Nic Berry may have got that last call wrong.....

I guess people will say Rebs should taken the draw but one extra comp point (draw v losing BP) probably isn't going to make that much difference so good on 'em for rolling the dice & going for the win.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Much as I hate to agree with Marto, I think Nic Berry may have got that last call wrong...

I guess people will say Rebs should taken the draw but one extra comp point (draw v losing BP) probably isn't going to make that much difference so good on 'em for rolling the dice & going for the win.
Yep, Berry just bottled it completely a more experienced ref would have blown a penalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.