• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby touch rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
OK, I realise that this will get kicked into the Everything Else board, but I need to get a few people to see it here first.

Last year, the Rebel Army made the trip to Sydney to get spanked by the G&GR Sydney mob. Organisation of that event wasn't the best, but it was a great game of touch, and opportunity to catch up with the Melbourne contingent.

What can we do in 2012? I think we should assume that Rebs v Tahs will happen again in Sydney. Apart from that, will the Rebs visit Brisbane this year? Or can we get 8 or so guys from Sydney or Brisbane to make a quick tour?

I reckon I've got one tour in me this year, and I don't mind if it's to Bris-Vegas or Las Melbournas.

(I'm making an assumption that we don't have numbers in Perth or Canberra, but happy to be proven wrong.)

A

Army_Gav

The Army will be going to every Australian away game.

antimony

Herbert Moran (7)
I'd be interested in going to the Reds V Tahs match in Sydney but I keep hearing about how the crowd and atmosphere are really poor:fishing

A

Army_Gav

Shesh, how do you blokes have the funds?
That's nothing. Going to Wales here, Sydney Bledisloe (50/50) & Brisbane Bledisloe.

Answer: I don't travel except for Rugby, and I don't have a girlfriend/wife.

Was pretty luck with airfares, using Air Australia/Tiger for example.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
That's nothing. Going to Wales here, Sydney Bledisloe (50/50) & Brisbane Bledisloe.

Answer: I don't travel except for Rugby, and I don't have a girlfriend/wife.

Was pretty luck with airfares, using Air Australia/Tiger for example.

Although it is a transitory spend, you gotta agree its a better way to spend your dough than on an outfit she'll only wear once because "everyone's seen it".

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
OK - so, the Army are going to away games. Excellent. Possible fixtures for 2012, ranked by most likely to happen:

1. Rebel Army @ Sydney (Sat 21 April)
2. Rebel Army @ Brisbane (Sat 10 Mar)
-------------------------------------
3. Sydney G&GRs @ Melbourne (Fri 2 Mar)
4. Brisbane G&GRs @ Melbourne (Fri 29 Jun)
5. Sydney G&GRs @ Brisbane (Sat 14 Jul)
6. Brisbane G&GRs @ Sydney (Sat 25 Feb)

Please indicate your availability or interest for any of these events.

A

Army_Gav

OK - so, the Army are going to away games. Excellent. Possible fixtures for 2012, ranked by most likely to happen:

1. Rebel Army @ Sydney (Sat 21 April)
2. Rebel Army @ Brisbane (Sat 10 Mar)
-------------------------------------
3. Sydney G&GRs @ Melbourne (Fri 2 Mar)
4. Brisbane G&GRs @ Melbourne (Fri 29 Jun)
5. Sydney G&GRs @ Brisbane (Sat 14 Jul)
6. Brisbane G&GRs @ Sydney (Sat 25 Feb)

Please indicate your availability or interest for any of these events.

Games should be a 2pm kick off (yes drop kick), 2x 20 minute halves. To it doesn't eat into valuable drinking time.

If it's confirmed, I'll organize Goschs Paddock (next door to AAMI) and see if we can use the facilities there afterwards.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
I know the Army had planned at least two:

Kurtley Beale Memorial Trophy II = GAGRatahs @ Rebel Army (Fri 2 Mar)
James O'Connor KPI Shield I = Rebel Army @ Perth (TWF/GAGR) (Sat 19 May)

Adding in Scarf's list and we have:
McKenzie Cup I = Rebel Army @ GAGReds (Sun 11 Mar) - need numbers from QLD, schedule for the day after?
Kurtley Beale Memorial Trophy III = Rebel Army @ GAGRatahs (Sat 21 April)
McKenzie Cup II = GAGReds @ Rebel Army (Sat 30 Jun) - same deal as I

Jeez, might need to train this year.

No interest from the capital?

A

Army_Gav

We'll arrive on time too.

Need to organize a standard set of rules eg. dummy or no dummy, drop kicks for restarts? ref or no ref (or who supplies).

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
I'd be interested in going to the Reds V Tahs match in Sydney but I keep hearing about how the crowd and atmosphere are really poor:fishing

This year was the first time the Tahs played the Reds at Homebush. It was a decent sized crowd for the Tahs (33,846). Unless Homebush is a full house, the atmosphere is poor. Not many people want to go out to Homebush to watch anything, but, apparently, the financial incentives for the Tahs to play out there are very attractive.:'(

A

Army_Gav

This year was the first time the Tahs played the Reds at Homebush. It was a decent sized crowd for the Tahs (33,846). Unless Homebush is a full house, the atmosphere is poor. Not many people want to go out to Homebush to watch anything, but, apparently, the financial incentives for the Tahs to play out there are very attractive.:'(
Still shithouse with 77,000...

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)

I don't think it's the venue so much, it's the team...

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Focus people, we're trying to organise something here.

Who can make which event?

I can make 1, 3, 5, and 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.