• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontRowFan

Herbert Moran (7)
"Tommy Sawden named in 3rd grade."

Saw him out at concord when Easts were playing the Woodies (I think it was) and he was pretty sharp in Colts 1s - probably their best on the day. Perhaps he's returning from a short-term injury?

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
"Tommy Sawden named in 3rd grade."

Saw him out at concord when Easts were playing the Woodies (I think it was) and he was pretty sharp in Colts 1s - probably their best on the day. Perhaps he's returning from a short-term injury?
No 3rd GRADE(senior),not colts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Beasts (vs Pirates) Team List Round 8

2015 Round8 EastsColts.jpg

FrontRowFan

Herbert Moran (7)
No 3rd GRADE(senior),not colts.

Ok, thanks for clarification. Given this is a colts thread, assumed you meant colts, which is why it was surprising and noteworthy, given my comment re his performance in colts.

Equally noteworthy (though not surprising) that he's in Shute Shield grade.

Good luck to him - a deserved shot at grade for the young fella.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Ok, thanks for clarification. Given this is a colts thread, assumed you meant colts, which is why it was surprising and noteworthy, given my comment re his performance in colts.

Equally noteworthy (though not surprising) that he's in Shute Shield grade.

Good luck to him - a deserved shot at grade for the young fella.
I'm told he has had some 2nd grade experience since leaving colts.Would still
be eligible for colts next year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 8 Results

W. McMahon Memorial Shield - Colts 1
Manly 14 Randwick 59
Gordon 45 Parramatta 28
Northern Suburbs 30 Southern Districts 25
The Bye 0 Warringah 28
Sydney University 45 Eastwood 14
West Harbour 8 Eastern Suburbs 25

Shell Trophy - Colts 2
Manly 8 Randwick 55
Gordon 27 Parramatta 10
Northern Suburbs 24 Southern Districts 19
Penrith 26 Warringah 5
Sydney University 45 Eastwood 5
West Harbour 17 Eastern Suburbs 22

Bill Simpson Shield - Colts 3
Manly 5 Randwick 50
Gordon 27 Parramatta 12
Northern Suburbs 21 Southern Districts 12
Penrith 10 Warringah 13
Sydney University 39 Eastwood 8
West Harbour 26 Eastern Suburbs 29

Round 9 Games - 16 May
Randwick v Southern Districts
Sydney University v West Harbour
Eastern Suburbs v Warringah
Eastwood v Manly
Northern Suburbs v Gordon
Parramatta v Penrith (Bye in Colts 1)

GPSrow

Watty Friend (18)
Another Clean sweep for the Gordon Boys, seeing them take 3rd on the Colts Championship ladder. Happy Bias Day.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Another Clean sweep for the Gordon Boys, seeing them take 3rd on the Colts Championship ladder. Happy Bias Day.
Yep - congratulations to all involved. It is a big change from just two years ago and they are playing great rugby.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
well I had wests piping easts, but the beasties proved me wrong. Wests I think need sawden to lead them around the park.
Parra scored more than what I would have given them credit for, showing the the Gordon attack must be good, but defence is the issue.
Norths just scrapped home against a strong souths. I knew the hobbits would be strong unit and keen to role the red and black.
Don't much about the others.

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
I saw all 3 Uni vs Eastwood games on Saturday.
3rds Eastwood were never in it from the start. I think they must have gone easily 5 minutes before they got the ball. Their scrum was pushed around until the ref got involved. Uni received a yellow card and one of their players was warned he would get a red so was taken off by mgmt. I don't think the game was played in bad spirit though. In the latter part of the game the Eastwood scrum made a comeback, well done.
2nds Unlike the previous game Eastwood seemed to have the start but could not score. The poor old Eastwood forwards had that painful experience of pressing the Uni line, looking up, and seeing the Uni backs running down the sideline to score. Uni's 1st three tries came that way.
1st Grade Eastwood had an early big scrum but that all sorted itself out pretty evenly i think. Eastwood lacked the bustling enthusiasm of the top teams, in fact, I would observe that some of their forwards played like it was their plan not to get their jerseys dirty. Uni had the game under control playing their usual style of ball control, fast movt and backs scoring.
I reckon across all the grades there is Uni, Gordon, Randwick and Norths who turn up to play like sheep stations are at stake. The other teams (maybe not Southern) just fall off from that standard pretty quickly. I don't know if that is because the players are more talented, more highly motivated, better coached, or what. Just observing the difference in urgency, bustle, speed in execution and impact at the contact.
Anyhow, thanks Eastwood and next week the Corp is off to Concord.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
^^

Watched Uni v Eastwood.(grade)
Wests thirds drew I notice.
Tommy Sawden ,on what I have seen of him,is a definite first grader in the future.Didn't come through the private school system,so, consequently, has
given a few of the rock stars a bit of a start at this stage of his career,but
has definite ability.

RiggerPlease

Bob McCowan (2)
Surely this weeks matchup would be the Highlanders against Shoreman? Battle of the North Shore and I personally am looking forward keenly to watching this one play out..

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
Surely this weeks matchup would be the Highlanders against Shoreman? Battle of the North Shore and I personally am looking forward keenly to watching this one play out..
Are you going to take a punt on the winner? From my experience through being a Uni supporter, Northern know how to turn up for the big battles.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 Team Lists

Wicks vs Hobbits
COLTS 1
CLUB: Randwick: 1. Matt Serhorn, 2. Nick Koutsoukais, 3. Campbell Shearer, 4. Nick Kellaway, 5. Jum Woodhill, 6. Daniel Hughes, 7. Jack Hayson, 8. Hame Tali, 9. Tom Wong, 10. Nic Andrews, 11. Ned Robinson, 12. Devan Stoltz, 13. Ben O'Donnell, 14. Matt Crafts, 15. Kieran Knight
CLUB: Southern Districts: 1. Milan Papalii, 2. Oliver Takiveikata, 3. Lachlan King, 4. Dan Broady, 5. George Prassad, 6. Lachlan Hennessey, 7. Kurt Rumsay, 8. Rahboni Vosayaco, 9. Rory Davis, 10. Brock Hammond, 11. William Latu, 12. Callum Quinn, 13. Nathan McIlveen, 14. Jack Conen, 15. Tom Evans

COLTS 2
CLUB: Randwick: 1. Ezra Malolo, 2. Sama Malolo, 3. Latham Takau, 4. Sam Ellerton, 5. Cameron Mee, 6. Jackson Parkes, 7. Sam Connor , 8. Ryan Powter, 9. Sam Horwitz, 10. Lachie Anderson, 11. Sam Carter, 12. Michael Haines, 13. Henry Cohen, 14. Kingston Day, 15. Ronald Streeter Mason
CLUB: Southern Districts: 1. Joey Tahati, 2. Gareth Thomas, 3. Nathan Ford, 4. Josh Lyons, 5. Karaitiana Sa'u, 6. Mitch Whittet, 7. Tom Doyle, 8. Simiki Ilufe, 9. Jake Labrano, 10. Trey Brown, 11. Grant Isles, 12. Tylah Pritchard, 13. Cooper Haris, 14. Drew Nuttall, 15. Dom Teviri

COLTS 3
CLUB: Randwick: 1. Sam Matenga, 2. Michael Midson, 3. Kieran Bonin/Sam Hunt, 4. Brendan Neville, 5. Jonah Taylor, 6. Alec Corcoran, 7. Dan Killea, 8. Zach Wheeler, 9. Mitch Jowett, 10. Lachlan Kenneally/Netane Massima, 11. Oscar Ryan/Phaeton Dellow, 12. Jordan Holz/Zach Stewarts, 13. Hamish Gordon/Reece MacIntosh, 14. Ben Marks/James Douglass, 15. Tau Penitani/Pat Pelligrini
CLUB: Southern Districts: 1. Sam Iuta, 2. Henry Robertson, 3. Dan Betzis, 4. Alex Hoy, 5. Dylan Turner Williams, 6. Benet James, 7. Dawie Erasmus, 8. Storm Passfield, 9. James Whelan, 10. Shane Doyle, 11. Andrew Kaine, 12. Locky Walsh, 13. Tom McCabe, 14. William Blake, 15. Angus Humphries

The Corporation vs Pirates
COLTS 1
CLUB: Sydney University: 1. Jack Bliss, 2. James Margan, 3. Will Ridley, 4. Joshua Schwager, 5. Harrison Williams, 6. Siaosi Halaifonua, 7. Jack McCalman, 8. Hamish Dunbar, 9. Nick Duffy, 10. Connor O'Shea, 11. Cillian Burke, 12. Toby Cooke, 13. Jack Redden, 14. Christian Yassmin, 15. Christian Kagiassis
CLUB: West Harbour : 1. Paul Utaatu, 2. Tonga Tangitau, 3. Jack Ulu, 4. Otto Wendt, 5. Taani Aitu, 6. Harvard Mau, 7. Othello Heka, 8. Ola Moala, 9. Kobi Bates, 10. Travis Dombroski, 11. Shane Faaui, 12. Danny Wilson, 13. Andrew Suamili, 14. Henrik Anthony, 15. Matt Vatuinaruku

COLTS 2
CLUB: Sydney University: 1. Nathan Pickering, 2. Jay Spencer, 3. Alexander Masima, 4. Peter Fenwicke, 5. George Lehmann, 6. Hugh Summerhayes, 7. Lincoln Whiteley, 8. Aidan Brown, 9. Alexander Jackman, 10. Banjo Travers, 11. James Kane, 12. Daniel Calavassy, 13. Sam Harris, 14. Tim McCutcheon, 15. Justin Fish
CLUB: West Harbour : 1. Austin Latu, 2. Sailusi Lua, 3. Daniel Gooding, 4. Visiano Vaohea, 5. Franele Betham-Misa, 6. Doug Paish, 7. Raymond Taufui, 8. Pilimi Felila, 9. Marcellous Rouse, 10. Matt Thomas, 11. Tyrrell Naleba, 12. D'Rhys Miller, 13. Josh Tupuola, 14. Paul Tau, 15. Kayne Hodgson

COLTS 3
CLUB: Sydney University: 1. Conor O'Doherty, 2. Billy-Jacob O'Connor, 3. Lisiate Vaihu, 4. Thomas Willson, 5. Jack Blair, 6. Sean O'Byrne, 7. Lewis Oswald, 8. Lachlan Argiris, 9. Jaydon Fa'avae-Eli, 10. Sam Renton, 11. Ahmad Elbatoory, 12. Sean Cross, 13. Dylan Oldfield, 14. Vecchio Del, 15. Patrick Muller
CLUB: West Harbour : 1. Sam Naulu, 2. Jake Donaghy, 3. Naime Tau, 4. Gil Rickey, 5. Ongolea Petelo, 6. Brent Holland, 7. Matthias Tutunoa, 8. John Boath-Moananu, 9. Wilson Faasalafa, 10. Semisi Petelo, 11. Sean Edmonds, 12. Chris Ebeling, 13. Kurt Kerrigan, 14. David Johnston, 15. Samuel Temata

Beasts vs Rats
COLTS 1
CLUB: Eastern Suburbs: 1. Jai Gunton, 2. Lindsay Stevens, 3. Archie Hall, 4. Paddy O'Brien, 5. Will Picone, 6. Jake Allen, 7. Tom Mencinsky, 8. Nick Makas, 9. Ted Pye, 10. Suaesi Iosua, 11. David Robinson, 12. Harry Priestner, 13. James Perlowski, 14. Christo Wylie, 15. Will Ball
CLUB: Warringah: 1. Tasi Tuituiohu, 2. Andrew Scognamiglio, 3. Jack Slack Smith , 4. Andrew Davies, 5. Cael Carmont, 6. Nathan Cotton, 7. Luke Milham, 8. Kurtis Stariha, 9. John Ferguson, 10. Jerry Lemalu, 11. Matt Pickles, 12. Matt Skelly, 13. Cam Dove, 14. Tom McBryde, 15. Josh Thompson

COLTS 2
CLUB: Eastern Suburbs: 1. Fred Fiala, 2. Andrew Crone, 3. Matt Hooper, 4. Louis Biscoe, 5. Jamie Greentree, 6. Dan Howes, 7. Chris Rodger, 8. Tom McIvor, 9. Darby Murphy, 10. Dayne Corbishley, 11. Joey Zieme, 12. Henry Paterson, 13. James Manns, 14. Isaac McKay, 15. Jonathan Bard
CLUB: Warringah: 1. Max Cook, 2. Caleb O'Neill, 3. Fergus James, 4. Connor Barham, 5. Mike Hart, 6. Bryce Renaman, 7. Brody Wharepouri, 8. Mitchell Jones, 9. Jonathon Miller, 10. Sam Gainsford, 11. Jake Vale, 12. Esera Chee-Kam, 13. Billy Simpson, 14. Mac Entwistle, 15. Lachlan Grant

COLTS 3
CLUB: Eastern Suburbs: 1. Minh Ngyuen, 2. Julian Horton-Patch, 3. Alex Pelosi, 4. Michael Roche, 5. Lachlan Sharp, 6. Sandy Butterworth, 7. Jake Cowie, 8. Jack Somerton, 9. James Williams, 10. Seb Haddock, 11. Kai Whatmore, 12. James Parelli, 13. Ned Taylor, 14. Harry Tooth, 15. Michael Coppolla
CLUB: Warringah: 1. Hayden Crain, 2. Sam Meehan, 3. Clayton Anstasia, 4. Luke Hurditch, 5. Lachlan Rose, 6. Eddie Fry, 7. Charlie Rowntree, 8. Jake Stewart, 9. Harry Britton, 10. Pat Flynn, 11. Daniel Chun, 12. Tom Van Bokhoven, 13. Adam Hanigan, 14. Ewan Jamerson, 15. Tom Condon

Woodies vs Mighty Manly Marlins
COLTS 1
CLUB: Eastwood: 1. Rohan Zebib, 2. Ed Craig, 3. Alex Pappalardo, 4. Josh Bones, 5. Daniel Cosgrove, 6. Zac Herron, 7. Jacob Bamford, 8. Mark Quadrio, 9. Brent Whicker , 10. Matt Collins, 11. James Sarks, 12. Matthew Bartholomew , 13. Lachlan Burland, 14. Rihann Barkley-Brown, 15. Joshua Nohra
CLUB: Manly: 1. Scott White, 2. Cyprus Tutunoa, 3. Peau Baranyi, 4. Gus Verhoevan, 5. Kevin O'Connor, 6. Rohan Hedge, 7. Matt Schofield, 8. Kerry Simpson, 9. James Tahifotu, 10. Mat Arnold, 11. Austin Osagie, 12. Brad Clarke, 13. Jed Ibbotson, 14. Ryan Prentice, 15. Ben Crerar

COLTS 2
CLUB: Eastwood: 1. Liam Northridge, 2. Nick Reid, 3. Nareg Nazarian, 4. Henry Walkerden, 5. Sam Frogley, 6. Tim Anstee, 7. Zac Simpson, 8. Daniel Ryan, 9. Jordan Gillespie, 10. Lachlan Croese, 11. Sam McCaffrey, 12. Hugh Yates, 13. Joshua So, 14. Aiden Hopping, 15. James Day
CLUB: Manly: 1. Wes Thomas, 2. James Campbell, 3. Mitch Beattie, 4. Jordan Kennedy, 5. Van Stewart, 6. Daylee Sumner, 7. Liam Ryan, 8. Siaosi Talarico, 9. Connor McGrath, 10. Louis Dowling, 11. Mitch Andrews, 12. Tom Langrell, 13. Isaac O'Shea, 14. Oscar Mason, 15. Harry Binsted

COLTS 3
CLUB: Eastwood: 1. Pat Sanford, 2. Michael Arapidis, 3. Nareg Nazarian, 4. Lachlan Johnson, 5. Will McManus, 6. Cameron Goodacre, 7. Nathan Watson, 8. Mitch Caldwell, 9. Liam Peters, 10. Ryan Jensen, 11. Denzel Singleton, 12. Tom Hudson, 13. Joshua So, 14. Jonas Williams, 15. Tom Koodrin
CLUB: Manly: 1. Erik Jnr Ah-Kam, 2. Isa Abdoullah, 3. Nathan Hatherly, 4. Byron Leach, 5. Max Norrish, 6. Nick Kemmler, 7. Junior Amituanai, 8. Ryan Stewart, 9. Laurence Gay, 10. Dante Otto, 11. Hugo Lumsdaine, 12. Harrison Lowe, 13. Manis Black, 14. Fred Isra, 15. Dyllon Peppernell

Shoremen vs Highlanders
COLTS 1
CLUB: Northern Suburbs: 1. Jakob Sedgman, 2. Evan Pritchard, 3. Jackson McLean, 4. Will Finley, 5. Harry Lind, 6. Rory Gallagher, 7. Kyle O'Hara, 8. Leon Akopian, 9. Scott Pater, 10. Jack Clancy, 11. Tommy Gilbert, 12. Nick Clancy, 13. Charlie King, 14. Dom Naylor, 15. Josh Cook
CLUB: Gordon: 1. Sean Dillon, 2. Hosea Fotukava, 3. Jack Bowditch, 4. Jack Margin, 5. James Grant, 6. Nic Burkett, 7. Jake Pierce, 8. James Lough, 9. Alex Barker, 10. Dave Smerdon, 11. Ben Butler, 12. James Dainton, 13. Sione Afu, 14. Marcus Hundt, 15. Andrew Bligh

COLTS 2
CLUB: Northern Suburbs: 1. Will Adams, 2. Chris Goldie, 3. Tyler Key, 4. Jack Preece, 5. Tom Booth, 6. Will Lindsay, 7. Matt Psaltis, 8. Alex Ironside, 9. Liam Wilson, 10. Jayden Stokes, 11. Rob Selosse, 12. Harvey Duncan, 13. Harry Brown, 14. Conor Menzies, 15. Conor Slocombe
CLUB: Gordon: 1. Rob Lacinski, 2. Jono Burke, 3. Mawin Jansen, 4. Nick Meagher, 5. Angus McClelland, 6. Nick Slaven, 7. Sam Hutton, 8. Hamish Phipps, 9. Tom Kennedy, 10. Josh Thorndyke, 11. Kirt Anthony, 12. David Serukai, 13. Josh Mitchell, 14. Sam Mete , 15. Seb Field

COLTS 3
CLUB: Northern Suburbs: 1. Joey Dawson, 2. Liam MacWhite, 3. Brendan Dale, 4. Ed Pollitt, 5. Lochie Moore, 6. Matt Anderson, 7. Angus Cooke, 8. Lochie Adair, 9. Angus McTavish, 10. Simon Johnson, 11. Sam Marial, 12. Angus Morgan, 13. Hugh Adams, 14. Hayden Toohey, 15. Ollie Benstead
CLUB: Gordon: 1. Sean Fagan, 2. James Kwok, 3. Brandon Fernandes, 4. Eden Taylorwood-Roe, 5. Will Makeig, 6. Jordan Thomas, 7. Patrick Sutton, 8. Lapana Vitale, 9. Lachlan Burke, 10. Ben Tracy, 11. Lachlan Phillips, 12. Joe Stageman, 13. James Byrne, 14. Sam Frankham, 15. David Balcomb

Mighty 2 Blues vs Emus
COLTS 1
M2B vs The Bye

COLTS 2
CLUB: Parramatta: 1. Seaton Kenna, 2. Tom Bonham, 3. Tai Mose, 4. Chris Tolson, 5. Nick O'gorman, 6. Rhys Tribolet, 7. Jake Digby, 8. Jacob Delailoa, 9. Brodie Knight, 10. Liam Tully, 11. Jonathan Lagos, 12. Tom Cettolin, 13. Luke Delailoa, 14. Luke Richardson, 15. Zac Fortini
CLUB: Penrith: 1. Chaise Taranto, 2. Tametai Lomax, 3. Daniel Vavega, 4. Zeke Mafi, 5. Hamish Milne, 6. Hamish Matthews, 7. Jack Fleetwood, 8. Sati Taufa, 9. Delahoya Manu, 10. Desmond Tipene, 11. Josh Goode, 12. Ezekial Seia, 13. Ben Valu, 14. Jayden Mafi, 15. Ben Ui

COLTS 3
CLUB: Parramatta: 1. Richard Sulusi, 2. Jeremiah Letele, 3. Alex Kingston, 4. Ben Stoodley, 5. Junior Alarcon, 6. Jake Owen, 7. Jordi Druzinac, 8. Todd Owen, 9. Ryan Fitzpatrick, 10. Damian Mulvanah, 11. Henry Waqateriewa, 12. Fortune Atuakpoho, 13. Nathaniel Lagilagi, 14. Pat Muller, 15. Brad Halliwell
CLUB: Penrith: 1. Assaad Collins, 2. Trey Ropata, 3. Jackson Whiting, 4. Epati Sale, 5. Tevita Muller, 6. Jeff Tuiletufuga, 7. Matt Dritti, 8. Leslie Kini, 9. Mitchell Austin, 10. George Mafi, 11. Kolio Aloisio, 12. Ezra Kemp, 13. Thorne Piilua, 14. Ratu Delavakava, 15. Ben Meyer

couldabeen

Alfred Walker (16)
This weekend
Randwick over Southern by 4 tries plus, and wins in all grades
Uni over Wests by 5 tries plus, and wins in all grades
Easts over Warringah by 3 tries and wins in all grades
Manly over Eastwood in a close one. Eastwood in 2nds and 3rds
Northern over Gordon by a penalty goal. Gordon in 2nds and 3rds
2nd Grade Penrith over Parramatta by a try. 3rds to Parra

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Last week was 4/5 with the Beasties yet again failing to perform as tipped.

Round 9 tips
I'm going for a Home Team whitewash.

Randwick v Southern Districts. Randi-Wix have been the form team all year and bounced back superbly from their mid-week loss to the Corporation. They will be too strong for the Hobbits, who will be hurting from their close loss to the Shoremen, and while they will be keen to improve, the ammunition in their armoury may be a little short of explosive quotient. Wix by 20+

Sydney University v West Harbour. The Corporation have their Rockstars back this week and should be able to weather the storm of physicality that the Pirates will unleash in the first 20 minutes before they run out of puff. The Students will run away with this game in the second half, winning by 30+ points.

Eastern Suburbs v Warringah. The Beasties have defied my tips nearly every week, so while the logic says they will roll over the Rats by a very large margin, this game could be the first win for the season for the Rats. The Beastie Boys will win by 25 points+.

Eastwood v Manly. Woodies would be disappointed with their performance last week against Buildcorp, but they will have noticed that the MMM were given a gold old fashioned hiding by the Wix last Saturday. I'm tipping Woodies to sneak home in a very tight match.

Northern Suburbs v Gordon. The battle for third place on the ladder should be an absolute cracker. Norths are currently undefeated and being a big game mob would fancy their chances over their reinvigorated "upstart" Northern neighbours, but Gordon have recruited well and have a solid foundation of 2nd year colts. I reckon that the Shoremen will win in a close tussle on the back of efforts of their tight 5.

Parramatta v Penrith. The M2B will be looking forward to this match and will treat it pretty much like an unopposed training session before registering a 4T BP victory by 28-0.

@Couldabeen, you're a brave fellow to tip 2nds and 3rds. I'm struggling to get the 1sts right.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Southern Districts Reports - Round 8
logo.png

This week Southern District Colts had the difficult task of taking on the rampaging Northern Suburbs club on their home turf at North Sydney.
After paying the toll to spend the day on the North Shore we were pleased to find Bon Andrews ground in 1st class condition.

The signs for the day weren't good with Sydney Uni forfeiting the U18s game for the 2nd time; and with 40 odd players unavailable through injury, sickness, getting married (isn't that what the off season is for?) rep footy and the CHS trials in Wagga Wagga.

3rds started the day and battled to keep in touch with the Norths team who were playing very disciplined rugby. Norths led 21 to 5 at halftime - it was time to show a bit of ticker and boys delivered with a strong 2nd half performance, but ran out of time going down 21 to 12. It was a good effort by our 3rds and showed that just keeping in the game the tries will come.

2nds started off very strong with good ball control and a scrum that was looking very strong and had Norths under pressure all game. Angus Guthridge and Mitch Whittet were doing very well in the line outs, but Norths are a very dangerous attacking team and took a 12 points to 5 lead at halftime.
2nds needed to show some character in the 2nd half and like our 3rds the boys took up the challenge. With 10 minutes to go and Norths leading 24 to 19, the momentum was definitely with Souths. However a nasty tip tackle by a Norths player on Jacob Fetui led to a yellow card to the opposition. Jacob required special attention resulting in an Ambulance being called - after some scans and X rays he was cleared from the Hospital to go home. With play ceased after the incident, Norths were declared the winners 24 to 19.

1sts were under pressure to get us a win for the day and with Norths undefeated, it was going to be a big challenge. Couple that with 5 players making their 1st colts debut for the season, and a couple of guys playing with injuries - it was game on!
Both sides started cautiously with plenty of phase ball and solid set pieces, but the Norths scrum was looking shaky giving our supporters hope. Rory Davis made a great sniping run down the sideline and the shackles were off for both sides, as the game took off with both teams starting to chance their arm. It was very clear Norths have a lot of pace and get good value from their wingers bobbing up in mid-field and looking for the inside ball.

Souths forwards were laying a good platform, but the Norths backs were stretching the our defense. Souths jumped to an 8 nil lead but an intercept try to Norths followed by a long range try and a penalty goal, quickly had Norths in front 15 to 8. Souths hit back with a crashing run by Rahboni and a nice off-load had Tom Evans scoring in the corner. A rolling maul by our forwards had Souths in front 18 to 15. A penalty goal to Norths right on halftime had the scores locked at 18 all and a fair indication of the game.

The 2nd half had Souths hard on attack. A lifting tackle by Norths bought out the red card which was bit of a disappointment as the game was being played in good spirit by 2 teams playing good rugby.
Hard to tell if Norths lifted by the send off or Souths took the foot of the pedal a bit? Thankfully it didn't hinder the quality of the game. A strong tackle by Callum Quinn resulted in a loose ball and a kick and chase brought a converted try to Nathan Mcilveen and a 25 to 18 lead. Unfortunately, from the kick-off we let the ball bounce to the sideline when of our players slipped over. An over cooked throw from the ensuing line-out resulted in a Norths try, and 25 all score-line with 15 minutes to go, and it was buckle up for a big finish.

Both sides started looking for field position. Norths camped themselves in our half and a couple of missed penalties by them let Souths of the hook, but we could not buy a free kick to get out of our half. Norths eventually scored under the posts with 2 minutes to go, but a charge down conversion gave us one last shot at getting a converted try for the win, but we couldn't work a miracle and lost 30 to 25.

Great effort by every player from 3rds to 1sts and some guys backed up from 3 days of rugby in Wagga Wagga and it showed the club spirit is alive & kicking at Southern Districts Colts.

The players left North Sydney with heads held high and paid the toll to leave, it was good to cross Taren Point Bridge and be back home in the Shire.

Player of the day goes to Matt Lewis our U18s coach for going with Jacob to hospital and staying with him, then taking him home when released. Thanks Matt! Your efforts and duty of care are appreciated & acknowledged.

https://www.facebook.com/southerndistricts.rugbyunion.colts/posts/878521102184425:0

Round 8 reports from the Beasties
easts-header-short.png

Colt's Report Round 8

On a sparkling Autumn day the sun shone brightly for all three Easts Colts teams against West Harbour.

First Grade always looked in control but they had to overcome many mistakes before victory was assured.
A heavy penalty account against them did them no favours but they opened the scoring with a well worked move midway through the first half.

There was great lead up work and on about sixth phase the backs really let the ball sing for full back Will Ball to touch down under the posts. The try was converted and then another long range penalty goal had Easts out by 10 points but then right on half time Wests rumbled in for a try for a 10 to 5 score line in favour of Easts.

Easts were making heavy weather of it in the second half with the final passes often going astray in scoring positions before man of the match , half-back Ted Pye grabbed the game by the throat to score a magnificent individual try. From a scrum feed on half way he raced from the scrum base to score under the posts with hardly a hand being laid on him.

A few minutes later the backs gained some fluency and tore away down the right hand side and the ball went through many hands before winger Christo Wylie cored and the game was well and truly over.
However right on fulltime five –eight Suaesi Iosua sliced over on the left hand side to score a bonus earning try.

Still a lot of hard work to do but with several key players coming back the confidence and spirit are growing and better times are ahead.

The seconds did enough to win in a real scrappy arm wrestle. The highlight being the performance of breakaway Jake Allen who scored two magnificent solo tries in the 22 to 17 victory. The match was in the balance for a long while with Wests leading 12 to 7 at halftime before Allen ran 60 meters for his final try to out speed the defence.

Thirds grade also grabbed the bonus point with a 29 to 26 victory. Every time the ball went wide by either team they scored but fortunately Easts had the final say.

This coming week we have only our second home game of the year against Warringah at Woollahra….see you all there.

http://www.graphicmail.com.au/new/viewnewsletter2.aspx?SiteID=5924&SID=18&NewsletterID=74578

Status
Not open for further replies.