• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
touch judges seemed to think it missed, while just about everyone else seemed to think the kick had gone through (kicker, waterboy, referee, parents behind the sticks)
A tough game to come second in. the teams came into the contest with 1 "points difference "point separating them and a good chance who ever won would go into the top four (with more than 1/2 the season to go, not much more than a good start).
Eastwood stole a march to grab the biggest lead of the game in the first 10 minutes. Their second try from took them out by 14. By 1/2 time Manly was up by a converted try. trys were exchanged and with only 5 minutes(or less) Eastwood scored the 11th of the match and converted to go ahead for the first time since early in the 1st i/2 by 5.
That was enough time for Manly to grab their sixth try for the match and convert to go ahead by 2.
with only time for a restart and a set piece left, the awkward thing described above happened. The only person at the ground to be able to see if the ball went over the post or the upright clearly was one referees assistant standing under the post. I was left to his judgement. Etiquette dictates the assistant referees only signal a positive result and recommend the nature of restart if necessary.
even standing directly behind the posts with both eyes open will provide a distorted view.
It was tough and very even contest

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
A tough game to come second in. the teams came into the contest with 1 "points difference "point separating them and a good chance who ever won would go into the top four (with more than 1/2 the season to go, not much more than a good start).
Eastwood stole a march to grab the biggest lead of the game in the first 10 minutes. Their second try from took them out by 14. By 1/2 time Manly was up by a converted try. trys were exchanged and with only 5 minutes(or less) Eastwood scored the 11th of the match and converted to go ahead for the first time since early in the 1st i/2 by 5.
That was enough time for Manly to grab their sixth try for the match and convert to go ahead by 2.
with only time for a restart and a set piece left, the awkward thing described above happened. The only person at the ground to be able to see if the ball went over the post or the upright clearly was one referees assistant standing under the post. I was left to his judgement. Etiquette dictates the assistant referees only signal a positive result and recommend the nature of restart if necessary.
even standing directly behind the posts with both eyes open will provide a distorted view.
It was tough and very even contest

As it was in grade - fair split hey win one lose one.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
touch judges seemed to think it missed, while just about everyone else seemed to think the kick had gone through (kicker, waterboy, referee, parents behind the sticks)
OK, that is not the scenario I imagined when I read this:
appalling scenes yesterday at manly oval with eastwood awarded a penalty on the buzzer, only for the kick to go through and not be awarded. ref had a long seemingly confused conversation with both touch judges before blowing his whistle for full time
In the circumstances that the "touch judges seemed to think it missed" AND that the referee chose not to over-rule, I can't see how there is any avenue for official protest, particularly given there seems to have been a discussion between the officials. As @BrianWestlake has suggested
Let it go. No person can change it now.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 8 Team Lists

Penrith v Eastern Suburbs
W. McMahon Memorial Shield (1st Grade Colts)
Penrith: 1. Isaac Baldock, 2. Isaac Harrison, 3. John Pene, 4. Tuimasi Katafono, 5. Zeek Mafi, 6. Hamish Matthews, 7. Delahoya Manu, 8. Tom Taufa, 9. Jye Clapham, 10. Sam Limbrey, 11. Poasa Nakaivalu, 12. Ezekiel Seia, 13. James Papu, 14. Sam Tauilili, 15. Aidan Hopping
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Jai Gunton, 2. Charlie Cooper, 3. James King, 4. Will Picone, 5. James Shipway, 6. James Donato, 7. Tom Mahony, 8. Dan Howes, 9. Dan Nutton, 10. Joe Mackie, 11. Declan Quin, 12. Dan England, 13. Jordan Bracewell, 14. Jake Prindiville, 15. Dan Donato

Shell Trophy (2nd Grade Colts)
Penrith: 1. Assad Collins, 2. Trey Ropata, 3. Daniel Vaega, 4. Solomona Iosefa, 5. Sefo Lalaga, 6. Mat Faoagli, 7. Matt Lawson, 8. Matt Dritti, 9. Leonardo, 10. Chris Nielson, 11. Wirremu King, 12. Thorne Piilua, 13. Ezra Kemp, 14. Jarrod Purcell, 15. Ken Mildwater
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Moffat Moloney, 2. Will Foxton, 3. Lewis Barakat, 4. Max Welborn, 5. Luke Porter, 6. Phil Pymer, 7. Charlie Bodkin, 8. Oskar Szangolis, 9. Lloyd Evens, 10. Callum Anthony, 11. James Coppola, 12. Talavou Faumuina, 13. Dylan Luisi, 14. Alex Ogilvy, 15. Will Hicks

Bill Simpson Shield (3rd Grade Colts)
Penrith: 1. Chase Taranto, 2. Tremayne Cashman, 3. Sinapati Pati, 4. Sonasi Taungakava, 5. Epati Sale, 6. Tarei Wilson, 7. Halalika Ma Tangi, 8. Lisiate Vaihu, 9. Daniel Tuipulotu, 10. Mitch Austin, 11. Kolio Taungakava, 12. Sebastion Ofoia, 13. Bernie Saleve, 14. Vincent Mulipola, 15. Ben Meyer
Eastern Suburbs: 1. Andrew Bland, 2. Reuban Antico, 3. Nick Zylstra, 4. Lachlan Sharp, 5. Charlie Cam, 6. Charlie Yole, 7. Will Woodgate, 8. Ned Taylor, 9. James Williams, 10. Roy Harrison, 11. Tom Stodart, 12. Ollie Cowley, 13. James Parrelli, 14. Harry McRitchie, 15. Brae Roebuck

West Harbour v Manly
West Harbour: TBC
Manly: 1. Conor Davidson, 2. Felix Marot, 3. William McRae, 4. Van Stewart, 5. Kevin O'Connor, 6. Harry Chapman, 7. Matthew Schofield (c), 8. Scott Williams, 9. Jack Young, 10. Ben Crerar, 11. Dylan Bindczus, 12. Joseph Williams, 13. Jonte Kaplan, 14. Lachlan Miller, 15. Fraser Toohey

Manly: 1. Cyprus Tutunoa, 2. Isa Abdullah, 3. Nicolas White, 4. Byron Leach, 5. Cameron Signorini, 6. Oliver Parker, 7. Auvaa (Junior) Amituanai, 8. Sau Ofahengaue, 9. Nicholas Lising-White, 10. Jared Palmer, 11. Austin Kirby, 12. Lachlan Armstrong, 13. Zach Saunders, 14. Hugo Lumsdaine, 15. Lawrence Gay

Manly: 1. Dom Duran, 2. Ali Ibrahim, 3. Christian Barwell, 4. Bailey Frost, 5. Max Grimes, 6. Isaac Houston, 7. Rhett Connolly, 8. Iosefo Sialii, 9. Isaac Housten, 10. Connor Mcgrath, 11. Daniel Heap, 12. Daniel Tuipulotu, 13. Tyler Jones, 14. John-Michael Lupton, 15. Tevita Faulao

Eastwood v Parramatta
Eastwood: 1. Jack Morrison, 2. Max Stewart, 3. Rhys Sherrif, 4. Liam Robson, 5. Josh Bones, 6. Daniel Cosgrove, 7. Lachlan Anderson, 8. Rohann Zebib, 9. Tom O'Connor, 10. James Day, 11. Hugh Yates, 12. Jayden Stokes, 13. Barton Picone, 14. Charles Sheppard, 15. Chris Orpen
Parramatta: 1. Jordan Loto'aniu, 2. Jacob Bristowe, 3. Dylan Valeni, 4. Romado Tuigamala, 5. Joel Divertie, 6. Ben Talamaivao, 7. Siale Fifita, 8. Liam Faoagali, 9. Hayden Lloyd, 10. Josh Tupuola, 11. Raui Poaru, 12. Jacob Tupuola, 13. Solomon Pita, 14. Jaydon Lonergan, 15. Mike Pita

Eastwood: 1. Liam Northbridge, 2. Nick Dolly, 3. Nereg Nazarian, 4. Charles Granger, 5. Jared Odgers, 6. Jacob Bamford, 7. Hamish Fisher, 8. Tim Anstee, 9. Liam Baker, 10. Matt Moore, 11. Thomas Koodrin, 12. Manui Pahulu, 13. Joshua So, 14. Daniel Macqueen, 15. Sam Cale
Parramatta: 1. Lorenzo Ma'a, 2. Haitoni Hafoka, 3. Ben Harkin, 4. Lachlan Natapu, 5. William Ravoka, 6. Zac Bristowe, 7. John Wesley, 8. Otto-Louis Wendt, 9. Terry Fanolua, 10. Dallas Paterson, 11. Les Pauulu, 12. Luke Delailoa, 13. Raka Poaru, 14. Terek Riwai, 15. Netane Masima

Eastwood: 1. Jayden Taylor, 2. Connor Ryan, 3. Daniel Harvey, 4. Jason Kevern, 5. Ibbi Warfield, 6. Daniel Ryan, 7. Cameron Goodachre, 8. Kyle Cotton, 9. Tom Graham, 10. Ryan Jensen, 11. Luke Wiseman, 12. Maxwell Knight, 13. Milad Ferris, 14. Murdoch Powell, 15.
Parramatta: 1. Mark Hanslow, 2. Brendan Corkett, 3. Josh Tupuola, 4. Christian Mccarthy, 5. Fergus Ryan, 6. Danyon Morris, 7. Joash Murray, 8. Peni Tuitupou, 9. Mick Zakhia, 10. Etuale Toa, 11. Fadi Eid, 12. Zac Tuala, 13. Riley Alcorn, 14. Steve Lemalu, 15. Nathaniel Tiata

Gordon v Southern Districts
Gordon: 1. Rob Lacinski, 2. Hosea Fotukava, 3. Sean Dillon, 4. Beau Petterson, 5. Jack Margin, 6. Nic Burkett, 7. Hamish Phipps, 8. Brett Van Zyl, 9. Steve Kirkby, 10. James Dainton, 11. Rory Vevers, 12. Dave Smerdon, 13. Sione Afu, 14. Marcus Hundt, 15. Josh Thorndyke
Southern Districts: 1. Jacob Storey, 2. Sama Mololo, 3. Ezra Mololo, 4. Damian Johnston, 5. Pat Kuenzle, 6. James Finch, 7. Dom McGrath, 8. Harry McLennan, 9. Liam O'Connor, 10. Brock Hammond, 11. Gordon Enari, 12. Te Orangi Thompson, 13. William Latu, 14. Cooper Harris, 15. Jack Conen

Gordon: 1. Ben Wilkinson, 2. Alex Hancock, 3. Oliver Harradine, 4. Jonah Taylor, 5. Elliot Gherig, 6. Campbell Clifford, 7. Lachlan Archer, 8. James Grant, 9. Sam Reimer, 10. Matt Long, 11. Sam Frankham, 12. Brandon Marsh, 13. Angus Margin, 14. Dom Mete, 15. Lachlan Phillips
Southern Districts: 1. Nathan Ford, 2. Gareth Thomas, 3. Lachlan King, 4. Max Freeman, 5. Chase Paea, 6. Henry Robertson, 7. Tony Rumore, 8. Lachlan Hennessey, 9. Ben Ridgeway, 10. Rob Satiene, 11. Brodie Ford, 12. Ryan Carmody, 13. Zac Stewart, 14. Keanan Walker, 15. Daniel Bell

Gordon: 1. Mawin Jansen, 2. Alex Hamilton, 3. Brandon Fernandes, 4. Will Halliday, 5. Alex Wall, 6. Josh Roche, 7. Nick Slaven, 8. Simon Pursell, 9. Bryn James, 10. Tom Gall, 11. Matthew Renshaw, 12. Rory Cramb, 13. Tim Taylor, 14. Luc Simpson-Kent, 15. Tristan Mears
Southern Districts: 1. Robert Wilson, 2. Mitch Howse, 3. Tom Swiderski, 4. Karaitiana Sa'u, 5. Jacob Fetui, 6. Brandon Kemp, 7. Evan Jenkins, 8. Simiki lufe, 9. Ben Lewis, 10. Ryan Sorrell, 11. Zane Pratt, 12. Fatu Faanu, 13. William Blake, 14. Mataele Taufa, 15. Blake Taylor

Randwick v Warringah
Randwick: 1. Hame Tali, 2. Tonga Tangatau, 3. Sam Matenga, 4. Nathaniel Gittoes, 5. Tom Pirrodi, 6. Lochie Simpson, 7. Jack Hayson, 8. Justin Cooper, 9. Paddy Rumble, 10. Pat Pelligrini, 11. Sepesa Tarogi, 12. Zac Trinkler, 13. Hamish Gordon, 14. Jack Harrison, 15. Billy Freeman
Warringah: 1. Rob Hill, 2. Jack Nettleton, 3. Richie Tupou, 4. Andrew Davies, 5. Cael Carmont, 6. Luke Hurditch, 7. Luke Milham, 8. Wes Thomas, 9. Josh Bate, 10. Ben Marr, 11. Scott McMurdo, 12. Jerry Lemalu, 13. Eserah Chee-Kam, 14. Nathan Roberston, 15. Josh Thompson

Randwick: 1. DJ Tifa, 2. Matt Serhon, 3. Kieran Bonin, 4. Tom Nowlan, 5. Esei Ha'angana, 6. Alec Corcoran, 7. Elliot Robbins, 8. Ryan Kenny Wilson, 9. Sam Horwitz, 10. Dion Narayan, 11. Bailey Hilder, 12. Dan Boardman, 13. Steve Gibson, 14. Tyrell Naleeba, 15. James Ramm
Warringah: 1. Callum Powers, 2. Hayden Lamaro, 3. Tom Newman, 4. Lachlan Begg, 5. Jamie Harrison, 6. Kurtis Stariha, 7. Ben Earngey, 8. Eddie Fry, 9. Rhett Butler, 10. Tim White, 11. Danny Lautolo, 12. Jaidyn Ma'fu, 13. Nathan Raffo, 14. Puni Aupuni, 15. Sam Gainsford

Randwick: 1. Sam Hunt, 2. Michael Midson, 3. Joseph Vasilis, 4. Morehu Pahuru, 5. Joe Whitelock, 6. Ben Marks, 7. Lewis Allen/Hugh Adamson, 8. Lemeke Taumopeau, 9. Guy Beynon, 10. Greg Svandfelds, 11. Ethan McGuigan, 12. Angus Simpson, 13. Jimmy Tregurtha, 14. Reece Macintosh, 15. Ronald Streeter Mason
Warringah: 1. Clayton Anestasia, 2. Callum Powers, 3. Josh Foster, 4. Lachie MacMahon, 5. Harry Gosling, 6. Zac McSwiney, 7. Charlie Rowntree, 8. Bryce Reneman, 9. Lachlan Grant, 10. Tom McBryde, 11. Dallas McKinnon, 12. Tom Condon, 13. Pat Flynn, 14. Owen Chun, 15. Sam Groom

Northern Suburbs v Sydney University
Northern Suburbs: 1. James Margan, 2. Evan Pritchard, 3. Tyler Key, 4. Jack Preece, 5. Paddy Olver, 6. Alex Ironside, 7. Mat Psaltis, 8. Kyle O’Hara, 9. Josh Lynch, 10. Connor Winchester, 11. Conor Menzies, 12. Charlie King, 13. Nick Clancy, 14. Tom Gilbert, 15. Dom Naylor
Sydney University: 1. Alex Massima, 2. Patrick O'Doherty, 3. Harry Johnson-holmes, 4. Peter Fenwicke, 5. Thomas Willson, 6. Hugh Summerhayes, 7. Lincoln Whiteley, 8. Nick Champion de Crespigny, 9. Theodore Strang, 10. Sam Renton, 11. Tim McCutcheon, 12. William McDonnell, 13. Tim Clements, 14. Nathaniel Tamwoy, 15. James Kane

Northern Suburbs: 1. Lochie Adair, 2. John King, 3. Jordi Nikopolous, 4. Oliver Stump, 5. Wim Davies, 6. Hamish Moore, 7. Jake Hedge, 8. Ben Jeavons-Fellows, 9. Tom Veitch, 10. Zac Compton, 11. Harry Cudmore, 12. Simon Johnston, 13. Laquand Ofahengaue, 14. Shaun Townsend, 15. Gabe Cooper
Sydney University: 1. Conor O'Doherty, 2. Jay Spencer, 3. Aiden Brown, 4. Sean O'Byrne, 5. Harrison Petkovich, 6. Tim Hingano, 7. Lewis Oswald, 8. Davis Jensen, 9. Jack London, 10. Callum Styles, 11. Tom Farnell, 12. Toby Cooke, 13. Eddy King, 14. Alex MacDonald, 15. Ethan Miller

Northern Suburbs: 1. Dylan Santone, 2. Gus Irons, 3. Bailey O’Donnell, 4. Tom Wilson, 5. Lachie Moore, 6. Ryan Owen, 7. Rinaldo Gagino, 8. Will Mccawe, 9. Liam Wilson, 10. Todd Owen, 11. Angus Morgan, 12. Tom Mckellar, 13. Liki Failagi Nadredre, 14. Harry Licence, 15. Liam Ford
Sydney University: 1. Kiel Rockhow, 2. Langley Ammit, 3. Claude Platell, 4. Brad Hauville, 5. Angus Chapman, 6. Zac Von Appen, 7. Max Indge, 8. Ahmad Elbatoory, 9. Ben Halmerick, 10. Daniel Poletto, 11. Ahmad Elbatoory, 12. James McClelland, 13. Archie Weston, 14. Sam Wood, 15. Jonathan Boley

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
some tough games this week:
easts v Penrith - an easy win to the beasties
wests v manly - I'm going to go wests, I think they have been close on a few occasions, and I'm going an upset.
woods v parra - I think parra will make it a tough game, and I don't think woods have been brilliant, but I think they will get up.
Gordon v souths - Gordon, and by plenty
wix v rats - wix will be too good here
norths v uni - uni have max points so far this season - this will be tough but uni for me.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
some tough games this week:
easts v Penrith - an easy win to the beasties
wests v manly - I'm going to go wests, I think they have been close on a few occasions, and I'm going an upset.
woods v parra - I think parra will make it a tough game, and I don't think woods have been brilliant, but I think they will get up.
Gordon v souths - Gordon, and by plenty
wix v rats - wix will be too good here
norths v uni - uni have max points so far this season - this will be tough but uni for me.
Going against your own Baz? Give them some hope old mate!

Rugby Mum

Watty Friend (18)
Disappointed to see the Corp medical staff send back on number 10 from Colts 1 after he was knocked out He woke up holding the med staff sun visor not knowing what was going on. Very wobbly on his feet and a few moments later tackled - down and in Lala land. Would think with their medical staff they would have their players welfare as priority. Thought their were concussion guidelines that need to be followed.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 8 Results

Penrith 15 Eastern Suburbs 40
West Harbour 8 Manly 23
Eastwood 47 Parramatta 7
Gordon 45 Southern Districts 38
Randwick 48 Warringah 7
Northern Suburbs 14 Sydney University 22

Penrith 0 Eastern Suburbs 98
West Harbour 27 Manly 10
Eastwood 38 Parramatta 12
Gordon 22 Southern Districts 22
Randwick 29 Warringah 15
Northern Suburbs 22 Sydney University 17

Penrith 7 Eastern Suburbs 38
West Harbour 58 Manly 5
Eastwood 31 Parramatta 5
Gordon 12 Southern Districts 24
Randwick 22 Warringah 12
Northern Suburbs 22 Sydney University 14

Round 9 Games - 14 May
West Harbour v Eastwood
Parramatta v Gordon
Penrith v Northern Suburbs
Manly v Warringah
Eastern Suburbs v Randwick
Sydney University v Southern Districts

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
2016 Eric Spilsted Shield (Colts Club Championship) Table:
(after Round 8)

There are a maximum of 55 points available to a club each week, based on all 3 colts teams winning with a 4 try BP.

Sydney University, 376 points
Gordon, 360 points
Randwick, 348 points
Eastwood, 268 points (up 1 Place)
Eastern Suburbs, 265 points (up 1 Place)
Northern Suburbs, 257 points (down 2 Places)
Southern Districts, 226 points
Manly, 180 points (up 1 Place)
West Harbour, 174 points (up 1 Place)
Warringah, 166 points (down 2 Places)
Parramatta, 79 points
Penrith, 16 points

How the Colts Club Championship table is calculated.
The competition points from the individual competitions are multiplied by the following factors and then added together.
Colts 1 - 6
Colts 2 - 3
Colts 3 - 2

http://rugby.fusesport.com/rugby/results/external/summaryladder.asp?ladder=1168&OrgID=010100

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Going against your own Baz? Give them some hope old mate!

it was a tough call westy, but went with the head. It did end up being a tough encounter as expected, and key errors at the death let uni of the leash. It was a real grind for both teams, and, I think, uni got lucky. I will say, I thought the refereeing was very good, some harsh calls, but it was the same for both teams.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
it was a tough call westy, but went with the head. It did end up being a tough encounter as expected, and key errors at the death let uni of the leash. It was a real grind for both teams, and, I think, uni got lucky. I will say, I thought the refereeing was very good, some harsh calls, but it was the same for both teams.

A tough and highly competitive day all round judging by the results with Norths prevailing in close encounters in the 2s and 3s.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
tips for this weekend:
wests v woods - woods in a tight one I think, woods very hot and cold, so an upset would not surprise.
Gordon v parra - Gordon, but a few.
norths v Penrith - norths by plenty
manly v rats - manly but the local derby will be a tight one
easts v wix - wix in what I think will be match of the round
uni v souths - uni by plenty - nullify the 8 and sths struggle.

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Interesting to hear that former schoolboy star Jimmy Widders - Leece has joined The Corp after playing Under 20's league for the Rabbitohs. Good to see him back playing the 15 man game.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
appalling scenes yesterday at manly oval with eastwood awarded a penalty on the buzzer, only for the kick to go through and not be awarded. ref had a long seemingly confused conversation with both touch judges before blowing his whistle for full time and an eastwood loss by 2 points

If the ref thinks the touchies were less than competent and he reckoned the kick went through it's quite within his powers to signal a successful kick.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Round 9 Teams

West Harbour v Eastwood
West Harbour: 1. Christian Peterika, 2. Tametai Lomax, 3. Anthony Nguyen, 4. Pilimi Felila, 5. Max Harper (C), 6. Ray Wilson, 7. Raymond Taufui, 8. Drew Denford, 9. Marcellous Rouse, 10. Matt Thomas, 11. Jacob Taylor, 12. Danny Wilson, 13. Chris Ebling, 14. Esau Taetuli, 15. Connor Moran
Eastwood: 1. Jack Morrison, 2. Max Stewart, 3. Rhys Sherrif, 4. Josh Bones, 5. Tim Anstee, 6. Daniel Cosgrove, 7. Lachlan Anderson, 8. Liam Robson, 9. Tom O'Connor, 10. James Day, 11. Barton Picone, 12. Jayden Stokes, 13. Lachlan Burland, 14. Charles Sheppard, 15. Sam Cale

West Harbour: 1. Jake Donaghy, 2. Lawrence Failla, 3. Ben Huckstepp, 4. Tui Manoa, 5. Shaun Marsh, 6. Daniel Napper, 7. Luke Collins, 8. Albert Jensen (C), 9. Dante Otto, 10. Nathan Taweel, 11. Sione Lynch, 12. Haka Toitoi, 13. Kurt Kerrigan, 14. Anthony Mancuso, 15. Nick Vatovec
Eastwood: 1. Liam Northbridge, 2. Nick Dolly, 3. Nereg Nazarian, 4. Charles Granger, 5. Kyle Cotton, 6. Michael Icely, 7. Jacob Bamford, 8. James Behringer, 9. Louis Heaton, 10. Matt Moore, 11. Thomas Koodrin, 12. Manui Pahulu, 13. Joshua So, 14. Daniel Macqueen, 15. Hugh Yates

West Harbour: 1. Albert Nawaqanitawase, 2. Jordan Seiuli, 3. Mosese Lata, 4. Mark McDermott, 5. Gil Rickey, 6. Paul Tau, 7. Eli Gooding, 8. David Sale (C), 9. Tim Wilson, 10. Liam Corry, 11. Masi Panapa, 12. Hunter Tovehi, 13. Semi Aviata, 14. Wilson Savage-Phillips, 15. Ben Vulaca
Eastwood: 1. Jayden Taylor, 2. Connor Ryan, 3. Daniel Harvey, 4. Jason Kevern, 5. Charlie Allison, 6. Daniel Ryan, 7. Cameron Goodachre, 8. Ibbi Warfield, 9. Tom Graham, 10. Ryan Jensen, 11. Luke Wiseman, 12. Maxwell Knight, 13. Joshua Hendricks, 14. Murdoch Powell, 15. Sam Irvine

Parramatta v Gordon
Parramatta: 1. Jordan Loto'aniu, 2. Jacob Bristowe, 3. Dylan Valeni, 4. Romado Tuigamala, 5. Joel Divertie, 6. Ben Talamaivao, 7. Siale Fifita, 8. Liam Faoagali, 9. Hayden Lloyd, 10. Josh Tupuola, 11. Josh Delailoa, 12. Jacob Tupuola, 13. Soloman Pita, 14. Jaydon Lonergan, 15. Raui Poaru
Gordon: 1. Rob Lacinski, 2. Hosea Fotukava, 3. Jack Bowditch, 4. Beau Petterson, 5. Jack Margin, 6. Hamish Phipps, 7. Campbell Clifford, 8. Brett Van Zyl, 9. Steve Kirkby, 10. James Dainton, 11. Rory Vevers, 12. Sam Lawson, 13. Sione Afu, 14. Marcus Hundt, 15. Josh Thorndyke

Parramatta: 1. Ben Harkin, 2. Haitoni Hafoka, 3. Josh Leota, 4. Lachlan Natapu, 5. William Ravoka, 6. Zac Bristowe, 7. John Wesley, 8. Otto-Louis Wendt, 9. Terry Fanolua, 10. Netane Massima, 11. Les Pauulu, 12. Luke Delailoa, 13. Raka Poaru, 14. Terek Riwai, 15. Nathaniel Tiata
Gordon: 1. Ben Wilkinson, 2. Alex Hamilton, 3. Oliver Harradine, 4. Jonah Taylor, 5. James Grant, 6. Nick Tracy, 7. Lachlan Archer, 8. Simon Pursell, 9. Sam Reimer, 10. Matt Long, 11. Sam Frankham, 12. Dave Smerdon, 13. Brandon Marsh, 14. Dom Mete, 15. Kirt Anthony

Parramatta: 1. Netane Talanoa, 2. Brendan Corkett, 3. Mark Hanslow, 4. Christian Maccarthy, 5. Danyon Morris, 6. Fergus Ryan, 7. Peni Tuitupou, 8. Rio Jones, 9. Mick Zakhia, 10. Dallas Paterson, 11. Fadi Eid, 12. Zac Tuala, 13. Etuale Toa, 14. Steve Lemalu, 15. Peni Maitatini
Gordon: 1. Mawin Jansen, 2. Eric Stene, 3. Brandon Fernandes, 4. Jordan Small, 5. Will Halliday, 6. Josh Roche, 7. Byron Blaik, 8. Alex Harper, 9. Bryn James, 10. Tom Gall, 11. Matthew Renshaw, 12. Rory Cramb, 13. Angus Margin, 14. Luc Simpson-Kent, 15. Lachlan Phillips

Penrith v Northern Suburbs
Penrith: 1. Isaac Baldock, 2. Isaac Harrison, 3. John Pene, 4. Tuimasi Katafono, 5. Zeek Mafi, 6. Hamish Matthews, 7. Delahoya Manu, 8. Tom Taufa, 9. Jye Clapham, 10. Sam Limbrey, 11. Poasa Nakaivalu, 12. Ezekiel Seia, 13. James Papu, 14. Sam Tauilili, 15. Aidan Hopping
Northern Suburbs: 1. James Margan, 2. Evan Pritchard, 3. Tyler Key, 4. Jack Preece, 5. Paddy Olver, 6. Alex Ironside, 7. Mat Psaltis, 8. Kyle O’Hara, 9. Josh Lynch, 10. Connor Winchester, 11. Conor Menzies, 12. Charlie King, 13. Nick Clancy, 14. Tom Gilbert, 15. Dom Naylor

Penrith: 1. Assad Collins, 2. Trey Ropata, 3. Daniel Vaega, 4. Solomona Iosefa, 5. Sefo Lalaga, 6. Mat Faoagli, 7. Matt Lawson, 8. Matt Dritti, 9. Leonardo, 10. Chris Nielson, 11. Wirremu King, 12. Thorne Piilua, 13. Ezra Kemp, 14. Jarrod Purcell, 15. Ken Mildwater
Northern Suburbs: 1. Lochie Adair, 2. John King, 3. Jordi Nikopolous, 4. Oliver Stump, 5. Wim Davies, 6. Hamish Moore, 7. Jake Hedge, 8. Ben Jeavons-Fellows, 9. Tom Veitch, 10. Zac Compton, 11. Harry Cudmore, 12. Simon Johnston, 13. Laquand Ofahengaue, 14. Shaun Townsend, 15. Gabe Cooper

Penrith: 1. Chase Taranto, 2. Tremayne Cashman, 3. Sinapati Pati, 4. Sonasi Taungakava, 5. Epati Sale, 6. Tarei Wilson, 7. Halalika Ma Tangi, 8. Lisiate Vaihu, 9. Daniel Tuipulotu, 10. Mitch Austin, 11. Kolio Taungakava, 12. Sebastion Ofoia, 13. Bernie Saleve, 14. Vincent Mulipola, 15. Ben Meyer
Northern Suburbs: 1. Dylan Santone, 2. Gus Irons, 3. Bailey O’Donnell, 4. Tom Wilson, 5. Lachie Moore, 6. Ryan Owen, 7. Rinaldo Gagino, 8. Will Mccawe, 9. Liam Wilson, 10. Todd Owen, 11. Angus Morgan, 12. Tom Mckellar, 13. Liki Failagi Nadredre, 14. Harry Licence, 15. Liam Ford

Manly v Warringah
Manly: 1. Conor Davidson, 2. Felix Marot, 3. William McRae, 4. Van Stewart, 5. Kevin O'Connor, 6. Harry Chapman, 7. Matthew Schofield (c), 8. Scott Williams, 9. Jack Young, 10. Ben Crerar, 11. Dylan Bindczus, 12. Joseph Williams, 13. Jonte Kaplan, 14. Jared Palmer, 15. Fraser Toohey
Warringah: 1. Rob Hill, 2. Jack Nettleton, 3. Richie Tupou, 4. Andrew Davies, 5. Cael Carmont, 6. Luke Hurditch, 7. Luke Milham, 8. Wes Thomas, 9. Josh Bate, 10. Ben Marr, 11. Scott McMurdo, 12. Jerry Lemalu, 13. Eserah Chee-Kam, 14. Puni Aupuni, 15. Nathan Robertson

Manly: 1. Peau Baranyi, 2. Cyprus Tutunoa, 3. Nicolas White, 4. Sau Ofahengaue, 5. Cameron Signorini, 6. Byron Leach, 7. Auvaa (Junior) Amituanai, 8. Ben Murphy, 9. Nicholas Lising-White, 10. Lachlan Miller, 11. Kai Lackner, 12. Ollie Horne, 13. Henry Ferguson, 14. Zach Saunders, 15. Lawrence Gay
Warringah: 1. Lachlan Begg, 2. Hayden Lamaro, 3. Tom Newman, 4. Kobi Gillard, 5. Jamie Harrison, 6. Tim Barrett, 7. Ben Rooney, 8. Marcus Kemp, 9. Rhett Butler, 10. Tim White, 11. Danny Lautolo, 12. Pat Flynn, 13. Eddie Fry, 14. Bryce Reneman, 15. Jaidyn Ma'afu

Manly: 1. Dom Duran, 2. Isa Abdullah, 3. Ali Ibrahim, 4. Jack Westall, 5. Max Grimes, 6. Oliver Parker, 7. Iosefo Sialii, 8. Coen Cosijn, 9. Isaac Housten, 10. Connor Mcgrath, 11. Daniel Heap, 12. Daniel Tuipulotu, 13. Austin Kirby, 14. Bailley Frost, 15. Tevita Faulao
Warringah: 1. Josh Foster, 2. Callum Powers, 3. Clayton Anestasia, 4. Harry Gosling, 5. Lachie MacMahon, 6. Pat La Toracca, 7. Kurtis Stariha, 8. Nathan Cotton, 9. Lachlan Grant, 10. Tom McBryde, 11. Tom Condon, 12. Conor Bradshaw, 13. Pat Flynn, 14. Daniel Chun, 15. Sam Groom

Eastern Suburbs v Randwick
Eastern Suburbs: 1. James King, 2. Dylan Woods, 3. Archie Hall, 4. Jack Digby, 5. James Shipway, 6. Dan Howes, 7. Tom Mahony, 8. Charlie Smith, 9. Ted Pye (c), 10. Jayden Wright, 11. Declan Quin, 12. Dan England, 13. Ned Yeomans, 14. James Coppola, 15. Dan Donato
Randwick: 1. Hame Tali, 2. Tonga Tangatau, 3. Harry Chapman, 4. Nathaniel Gittoes, 5. Tom Pirrodi, 6. Justin Cooper, 7. Lochie Simpson, 8. Jack Hayson, 9. Paddy Rumble, 10. Pat Pelligrini, 11. Sepesa Tarogi, 12. Tom Molloy, 13. Conor Dolan, 14. Jack Harrison, 15. Billy Freeman

Eastern Suburbs: 1. Moffat Maloney, 2. Charlie Cooper, 3. Lewis Barakat, 4. Will Picone, 5. Luke Porter, 6. Phil Pymer, 7. Charlie Bodkin, 8. Oskar Szangolis, 9. Dan Nutton, 10. Joe Mackie, 11. Jake Prindiville, 12. Callum Anthony, 13. Felix Samengo - Turner, 14. Alex Ogilvy, 15. Dylan Luisi
Randwick: 1. DJ Tifa, 2. Matt Serhon, 3. Kieran Bonin, 4. Rory Williams, 5. Esei Ha'angana, 6. Alec Corcoran, 7. Elliot Robbins, 8. Jum Woodhill, 9. Josh Noonan, 10. Sam Horwitz, 11. James Ramm, 12. Steve Gibson, 13. Zac Trinkler, 14. Bailey Hilder, 15. Dion Narayan

Eastern Suburbs: 1. Andrew Bland, 2. Reuban Antico, 3. Nick Zylstra, 4. Max Welborn, 5. Charlie Cam, 6. Charlie Yole, 7. Will Woodgate, 8. Ned Taylor, 9. Roy Harrison, 10. Ollie Cowley, 11. Tom Stodart, 12. Will Hicks, 13. James Parrelli, 14. Harry McRitchie, 15. James Kilby
Randwick: 1. Sam Hunt, 2. Michael Midson, 3. Josh Campbell, 4. Morehu Pahuru, 5. Tom Nowlan, 6. Joe Whitelock, 7. Lewis Allen, 8. Ben Marks, 9. Guy Beynon, 10. Ronald Streeter Mason, 11. Tyrell Naleeba, 12. Dan Boardman, 13. Jimmy Tregurtha, 14. Reece Macintosh, 15. Angus Simpson

Sydney University v Southern Districts
Sydney University: 1. Alex Massima, 2. Patrick O'Doherty, 3. Harry Johnson-holmes, 4. Peter Fenwicke, 5. Zac Von Appen, 6. George Lehmann, 7. Hugh Summerhayes, 8. Nick Champion de Crespigny, 9. Theodore Strang, 10. Sam Renton, 11. Eddy King, 12. Luke Lough, 13. Will McDonnel, 14. Tim Clements, 15. James Kane
Southern Districts: 1. Jacob Storey, 2. Sama Mololo, 3. Lachlan King, 4. Damian Johnston, 5. Pat Kuenzle, 6. James Finch, 7. Dom McGrath, 8. Harry McLennan, 9. Liam O'Connor, 10. Brock Hammond, 11. Ryan Carmody, 12. Te Orangi Thompson, 13. William Latu, 14. Cooper Harris, 15. Jack Conen

Sydney University: 1. Conor O'Doherty, 2. James Widders-Leece, 3. Francis Brown, 4. Sean O'Byrne, 5. Tom Watts, 6. Tim Hingano, 7. Lewis Oswald, 8. Davis Jensen, 9. Jack London, 10. Callum Styles, 11. Nathaniel Tamwoy, 12. Toby Cooke, 13. Eddy King, 14. Alex MacDonald, 15. Harry Potter
Southern Districts: 1. Robert Wilson, 2. Mitch Howse, 3. Gareth Thomas, 4. Max Freeman, 5. Chase Paea, 6. Henry Robertson, 7. Tony Rumore, 8. Lachlan Hennessey, 9. Ben Ridgeway, 10. Rob Satiene, 11. Brodie Ford, 12. Zac Stewart, 13. Gordon Enari, 14. Keanan Walker, 15. Daniel Bell

Sydney University: 1. Claude Platell, 2. Langley Ammit, 3. Jay Spencer, 4. Brad Hauville, 5. Angus Chapman, 6. Dane Stephens, 7. Max Indge, 8. Ahmad Elbatoory, 9. Ben Halmerick, 10. Daniel Poletto, 11. Ahmad Elbatoory, 12. James McClelland, 13. Max Indge, 14. Tom Miller, 15. Ethan Miller
Southern Districts: 1. Beau Grimley, 2. Shaun Thornton, 3. Tom Swiderski, 4. Karaitiana Sa'u, 5. Jacob Fetui, 6. Jack Kenning, 7. Evan Jenkins, 8. Dante Patrick, 9. Ben Lewis, 10. Ryan Sorrell, 11. William Blake, 12. Fatu Faanu, 13. Blake Taylor, 14. Mataele Taufa, 15. Drew Nuttall

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting to hear that former schoolboy star Jimmy Widders - Leece has joined The Corp after playing Under 20's league for the Rabbitohs. Good to see him back playing the 15 man game.

Wouldn't really call him a star, but yes it is good to have players return from the dark side. There is always some that drift back. There can be a fair bit of de-programming needed to rid them of Mungoitis.

Recently the drift back has been happening after The Car Makers Cup has finished, and the pot of promised gold at the end of the Mungo rainbow (AKA a NRL contract) fails to eventuate.

The interesting thing is that some are returning while still Colts (and U20 Rugby World Cup) eligible. Moreso this is happening up in Banjoland where they traditionally leave school in their 17th year. After a two year contract on the Dark Side, the Mungolanders usually have a feel for whether they will be worthy of a NRL contract or not. Now Rugby can offer those folks in their 19th year a chance to rejoin the Pathway for Gold via the U20 RWC. (ie Duncan P and Mack Mason).

Where is the RL U20 World Cup held and how many Countries would attend and be competitive?

From Google - http://www.leaguefreak.com/its-time-for-an-under-20s-rugby-league-world-cup-2-1293/. Hmmm. Seems one of those hasn't been held, and if it was held, it would involve going to exotic and enticing locations like South Auckland, Parramatta, BrisVegas and the Gold Cost - forever.

Brentwood

Stan Wickham (3)
I feel for the other hookers who have been training and playing all year and this bloke goes straight into 2's. He was a good schoolboy player, it will be interesting to see how he goes, but I still feel sorry for the other hookers.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Not too much different to the RockStars returning from U20 duty (although not too many of those this year from NSW!).

Players come back from long term rehab all the time. If the athlete is any good, he will contribute to teams winning games, and winners are grinners. If he is no good and the team starts losing or underperforming because of him, he will find himself in the 3s or the 3rds bench in pretty quick time, and the "other hookers" who have slogged their guts out all year will feel vindicated. Club footy is all about moving up and down the grades based on form (and Selectors perceptions of said form) from week to week. Anyone who can't handle that shouldn't be playing Premier footy and would be better off in low division single team Subbies clubs.

I do note that last weeks team sheet had J W-L recorded as playing at 6 not 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.