• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norfolk & Chance

Peter Burge (5)
Its good you are here today. Its a shitty feeling, but it happens at all levels. The odd Non or poor trainers get the rails run and the gong. Reputation and association seem to "blinker" coaches. Players can feel almost punished for loyalty to a "club". It seems difficult to progress if you don't have the right advocate and mentor.

as parents we are not blinkered at all :rolleyes:

At twenty your son is deciding where rugby fits in his life and where he fits in rugby. This also happens at all levels. Most of us that continued to play did it for the love of the game Fun Friendship and Fraternity.

Thirteen years of watching your kid's rugby is priceless but not eternal If you still want to play rugby there are teams for you.

Wood Rat, you are 100% correct, my son was never told to play rugby, every year he was asked what he wanted to do for winter sport and that was the case since he was 8. He chose Rugby every year. He even did it in summer with the Junior Gold and whatever it was called prior to that.
As he was still young enough when he started playing colts, he played colts on Saturday and then went back to club rugby on Sunday for 2 years to play with his mates.
Unfortunately I think part of the problem for my son is that he doesn't want to play for anyone else except Eastwood and until he gets past that he won't be playing. playing junior reps for Eastwood from 10's to 17's without missing a year, I think makes you an Eastwood man for life, well at least in my son's eyes. Yes I am a blinkered parent, I'll admit that but I'm not blind to reality. I would prefer to say I'm protective and that was needed last year, unfortunately.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
It's not possible to keep all 110 players & their parents happy, when there are only 45 starting places available.
Ever!

I understand that point - and that is why I am told 40 or 50 lads walked away last year.
But on the flip side - how can rugby be happy with 40 or 50 lads leaving the game? It is not as though we are exactly flying with participation numbers.
The less numbers at the base of the pyramid means less at the top.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I could, but there is no point in that. Eastwood are moving on and so am I.
As you will see in my reply earlier, i'm frustrated at people not taking their responsibility seriously.

While I can understand that but it makes it hard to have any insight into the issue and determine if there is some way of drawing attention to it before it happens again at other clubs.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
New coaches at Eastwood this year with some new players. Hopefully the mood is a positive one and their Colts can have a good year. Be good to see new clubs fighting out the GF.

Norfolk & Chance

Peter Burge (5)
New coaches at Eastwood this year with some new players. Hopefully the mood is a positive one and their Colts can have a good year. Be good to see new clubs fighting out the GF.

From what I've seen and heard the culture is much better and there is a far better feel in the place, which is great to see and hear

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Wood Rat, you are 100% correct, my son was never told to play rugby, every year he was asked what he wanted to do for winter sport and that was the case since he was 8. He chose Rugby every year. He even did it in summer with the Junior Gold and whatever it was called prior to that.
As he was still young enough when he started playing colts, he played colts on Saturday and then went back to club rugby on Sunday for 2 years to play with his mates.
Unfortunately I think part of the problem for my son is that he doesn't want to play for anyone else except Eastwood and until he gets past that he won't be playing. playing junior reps for Eastwood from 10's to 17's without missing a year, I think makes you an Eastwood man for life, well at least in my son's eyes. Yes I am a blinkered parent, I'll admit that but I'm not blind to reality. I would prefer to say I'm protective and that was needed last year, unfortunately.
Send your boy down the road to Epping. A few Colts from last year have turned up and are forming an under 21s team there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
I know a good number of woods boys werw keen to go to norths but as the 2016 coach has moved to norths as a seconds coach, they will be staying at woods

S

sidelineview

Randwick's Teams for Sat vs West Harbour

COLTS 1 3pm COLTS 2 1.35 pm COLTS 3 12.20pm
1 Blake Schoupp 1 Carter Hoy 1 Sione Nikau
2 Jake Upton 2 Cameron Horne 2 James McNeil
3 Callum Quinn 3 Liam Smith 3 Harrison Stein
4 Sam Musgrove 4 Tom Nowlan 4 Travis Gifford
5 Alex Hills 5 James Macaskill 5 Solomon Eden
6 Tom Serhon 6 Michael Midson 6 Aidan Pelligrini
7 Christian Poidevin 7 Latham James 7 Ben Edwards
8 Alec Corcoran 8 Lewis Allen 8 Jack Wilson
9 Tom Wong 9 Judd Kerrison 9 Tyzac Jordan
10 Patrick Pelligrini 10 Ryley Angles-Cork 10 Dion Narayan
11 Zac Carr 11 Caleb Shephard 11 Jesoni Ryder
12 Carcey Searl 12 Max Rivers 12 Morgan Steyn
13 Matt Orpenn 13 Ronald Streeter-Mason 13 Zac Trinkler
14 Cameron Gleave 14 Jaya Yaonnidis 14 Tom Callaughan
15 Nick Wilkenson 15 Will Douglass 15 Lachie Day
REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS
16 16 16 Duncan Evans
17 17 17 Blake Hannah
18 18 18 Joe Feltis
19 19 19 James Tinker
20 20 20 Guy Beynon
21 21 21 Will Harrison
22 22 22 Barney Pinkerton
23 23 Dean Kormanyos 23 Dallas Patterson

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Saturday 1st April - 3pm
Sydney Uni 1st Colts VS Eastern Suburbs

1 Jay Spencer
2 Tim Lilomaiava
3 Tom Osbourne
4 Peter Fenwicke
5 Rory Suttor
6 Milan Basson
7 Patrick Calavassy
8 Mila Hingano
9 Angus Chadwick
10 Daniel Poletto
11 Connor Farnell
12 James Armstrong
13 Guy Porter
14 Alex MacDonald
15 Nathaniel Tamwoy

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sydney Uni 2nd Colts

1 Connor Grindal
2 Sean Hasegawa
3 Lepani Tuirara
4 Jock Capel
5 Thomas Leaver
6 Sean O'Byrne
7 Josh Sheridan
8 Gabriel Atkinson
9 TBC
10 Josh Hardie
11 Strath Yeo
12 Joe Schwager
13 Ed Renton
14 Sean Anese
15 Harry Croker

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sydney Uni 3rd Colts

1 Dane Stephens
2 Aiden Moore
3 TBC
4 Matthew Webb
5 Harry Tuynman
6 Luke Austin
7 Raymond Taufai
8 Sydney Malifa
9 Hayden Pomare
10 TBC
11 TBC
12 Miti Tuinakauvadra
13 Bati Koroisau
14 Andrew Knight
15 Said Halbouni

ruckNmaul

Frank Row (1)

norths 1st colts according to there newsletter
Northern Suburbs 1st XV Colts – Round 1, 2017
1 Jack Brewer
2 Alex Crotti
3 Ryan Block
4 Jameson Coombs
5 Nick Braken
6 Charlie Samwells
7 Matt Psalitis
8 George Miller
9 Josh Noonan
10 Connor Winchester
11 Oliver Graham
12 Taulogo Lalaga
13 Zac Campton
14 Harry Cudmore
15 Connor Size

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)

norths 1st colts according to there newsletter
Northern Suburbs 1st XV Colts – Round 1, 2017
1 Jack Brewer
2 Alex Crotti
3 Ryan Block
4 Jameson Coombs
5 Nick Braken
6 Charlie Samwells
7 Matt Psalitis
8 George Miller
9 Josh Noonan
10 Connor Winchester
11 Oliver Graham
12 Taulogo Lalaga
13 Zac Campton
14 Harry Cudmore
15 Connor Size

I'm curious about Noonan's selection at halfback, considering he was training with the Souths Grade teams down at Forshaw on Thursday last week! He didn't make an appearance at the Sths v Nths trials on the weekend, but now I'm wondering which team he'd have played for if he had shown up!

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
I'm curious about Noonan's selection at halfback, considering he was training with the Souths Grade teams down at Forshaw on Thursday last week! He didn't make an appearance at the Sths v Nths trials on the weekend, but now I'm wondering which team he'd have played for if he had shown up!
Maybe he was waiting to see which team went better in the trial? Or the surprise return of Dewet Roos in grade sealed his decision?

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Maybe he was waiting to see which team went better in the trial? Or the surprise return of Dewet Roos in grade sealed his decision?

Maybe.....but I can't help wondering what prompted him to return to training at Souths? And whether anyone at Norths knew about it. Of course, he'd been training with Souths Colts before Christmas, because he'd apparently been unhappy at Randwick, but then in the New Year he chose to go to Norths......

Status
Not open for further replies.