• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Randwick vs Rats games @ Latham Park now
1st grade 3.00pm

S

sidelineview

Randwick 1sts won against Warringah but they won ugly 26-12.

It was a game of 2 halves, a fairly scrappy affair with the quality of the defence outshining that of the attack.

Warringah started the game strongly, scoring 2 tries, while Wicks gave a lot of penalties away and turned ball over through errors. Randwick scored late in the 1st half to make it 12-7 Warringah. The Rats were dominant at the breakdown and looked to have Randwick in big trouble.

The second half was still scrappy but Randwick dominated with play mostly in the Warringah half. The Rats looked dangerous at times but good scrambling defence from Randwick cruelled their scoring chances.

Warringah played really well but couldn't sustain the pressure for the whole game and didnt score a point in the second half.

Randwick got a lot of tackling practice and will need to improve their discipline and ball security.

The defence from both teams was outstanding.

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
can anyone confirm norths v Penrith tonight in colts 1 and 2?
Heard they were playing at penrith

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Game didn't proceed. Despite all players there ready. Grantham 2 only has lights on one side of field. Referee wouldn't proceed.
Should have stuck with Norths offer of game at Boronia on Wed.
Wat a cluster fuck from penrith..surely they could have checked this out earlier. This is why people get the shits with penrith. Cmon boys.wat a waste of time

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Uni played Parramatta last night. I wasn't there but pretty tight game from all reports. UNI won 22-nil. It was 7-nil at half time and Uni didn't put it away until very late.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Uni played Parramatta last night. I wasn't there but pretty tight game from all reports. UNI won 22-nil. It was 7-nil at half time and Uni didn't put it away until very late.

I assume a very similar game to uni v woods ! Para are no light task this year, great to see the two blues doing well. Their u17s rep team came second to hunter at state champs so fingers crossed next year they show some real fight in colts.

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I assume a very similar game to uni v woods ! Para are no light task this year, great to see the two blues doing well. Their u17s rep team came second to hunter at state champs so fingers crossed next year they show some real fight in colts.

Half of that side are already at other clubs.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
There are two at Gordon (one's brother plays at Gordon) and a few definitely at Eastwood with the coach.

I heard there were potentially a few more as well.

Interesting. How does NSW State Champs work?

Can you basically just play for any team that will take you if they fill out the paper work right?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)

Can you basically just play for any team that will take you if they fill out the paper work right?
Gary Owen III seems to know all the inner workings.

But I would think any boys not selected for a school association would need to be selected for city or country who get to play GPS 3 and GPS 4, in front of selectors

S

sidelineview

Randwick vs Easts
COLTS 1 3.00 pm Latham Park COLTS 2 1.35 pm Latham Park COLTS 3 12.20 pm Latham Park
1 Callum QuinnCam Prince Carter Hoy
2 Will Anderson Blake Schoup Connor McCullough
3 Harrison Chapman Dan Matthew Cameron Horne
4 Nath Gittoes Tom Nowlan Travis Gifford
5 Alex Hills Tom Pirrodi Liam Smith
6 Pat Clifton Alec Corcoran James McNeil
7 Christian Poidevin Sam Musgrave Latham James
8 Tom Serhon Ethan Micalef James Macaskill
9 Tyzac Jordan Tom Wong Dimitry Chipizubov
10 Patrick Pelligrini Lufusi Vea Tapaatoutai Ryley Angles Cork
11 James Ramm Jaya Yaonnidis Barney Pinkerton
12 Nick Wilkinson Steve Gibson Caleb Shephard
13 Yirribi Jaffer Williams Ronald Streeter Mason Zac Trinkler
14 Dan Boardman Matt Orpen Max Rivers
15 Lochie Day Zac Carr Will Douglass
REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS
16 16 Ben O'Sullivan 16

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)

NSWJRU State Champs work like this

U10 to U16 you must play with you club, play the 4 games minimum to be eligible for your district and play at State Champs. If you trial for your district and don't get selected for that district then you can be 'released' to trial for another district (as long as meet the games played criteria - note that a bye or being forfeited to counts as a game played).

U17's have a 'grandfather' clause that allows them to compete at the State Champs for the district they represented at State Champs the year prior - all others must qualify as per normal... So these 'grandfathered' lads effectively do not have to be playing junior club rugby in their U17 year - they can be playing colts (wherever) or not at all.

Long and short of it is the U17's State Champs usually only gets 6-8 teams competing (most private schoolboys are out of contention) and this is to try to attract numbers to this difficult age group.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting set of results today, top six I think now decided and tightening up.....welll done Easts and Southern on important wins,
The gap from the rest 7 and down will likely widen next week

Status
Not open for further replies.