• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Then why wouldn't Uni use Fusesport? It's easy to use and everyone gets to see who actually takes the field. Posted team lists mean bugger all and can be changed. I agree... do they have too many points and that's why they don't use it? Surely SRU can start fining them for being non compliant. Oh that's right... Untouchable

Conspiracy theorist or whinger? With all you jokers scrutinising the player points, don't you think the Uni house would be in order?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
All clubs need to address their points but if Uni want to escape the justified scrutiny then they should update their points in the system so people know exactly where they are placed.

It looks just like the last game hasn't been updated so I don't know why you are so upset. "Justified scrutiny" is a tad melodramatic even for this site. I find that evidence rather than conjecture is useful. :)

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Rugby Mum when you know what you are talking about then please comment all you want, when you don't know what you are talking about then maybe say nothing.
Justified scrutiny comes when people can't abide by the rules or there is reason to believe that the rules are being broken.
When a club does not update points and then has players listed for less points than they should be then that causes justified scrutiny.
Uni have not updated points and also have two players that I know of (Terry should be 4pts, Schwager should be 2 pts) in the system wrong.
Get it right and update each week and the "Justified Scrutiny" goes away.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
You are a little provocative today RS, must be the rainy weather.

Schwager obtains a family discount of 50% due to a sibling currently playing.
Don't know about Terry, perhaps his father played - send him an email. I don't know.

And what difference would it make, they are still under the points cap.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
You are a little provocative today RS, must be the rainy weather.

Schwager obtains a family discount of 50% due to a sibling currently playing.
Don't know about Terry, perhaps his father played - send him an email. I don't know.

And what difference would it make, they are still under the points cap.
It would be somewhat disconcerting if they were both understating player points,at the same time as being over the points cap :)
It's not occurred to you that people believe that Uni are only under the cap because they are incorrectly tallying these points?

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
I really don't care but every frikken week you plonkers go on about points. Do something about. This forum won't change a thing.

1. Look under Forums, Club Rugby, Shute Shield, Player Points Thread as a starting point.
  2. Ask for the current rules from NSW Rugby as I have done; read them.
  3. Complain to your local club
  4. Complain to SRU
  5. Complain to your wife
  6. Talk to your hand.

Rugby Survivor

Ward Prentice (10)
Rugby Mum I stand corrected on Schwager for sibling deduction.
On Terry his dad played for Manly and may have had a stint at Uni. I will follow up.
Don't worry the SRU has been notified and there will be changes next year.
Last I looked this was a Sydney Colts 2017 thread. Player points is an important part of ensuring we have a better and more even competition.
Not something you obviously want to see but something rugby in this country needs to improve the quality of players available who can compete under pressure at the next level.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Now, do you want to take back that nasty point about "when you know something then you can comment all you like". Looks like I do know something. :cool:

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
Gents, If you intend on tangling with GAGR's Alpha Female I would urge a degree of caution unless you enjoy being trampled by a pair of RM2's Jimmy Choo-Rebook Saturday Night Specials
Rugby boot.jpg

Azzuri

Trevor Allan (34)
So, when was the last time (or any time) any of the following sanctions were applied?

7.5 Sanctions

7.5.1 If a Club breaches this rule by exceeding the cap permitted in 7.3.2, in any one Competition Round, the penalty will be the loss of five competition points and the respective Club Championship points for each grade or each of the grades in which the breach occurred irrespective of the result of the match or matches.

7.5.2 If a form is incorrectly completed or provides false or misleading information regarding a player’s category or discount under rules 7.1 or 7.2 above, the Club and or player will be referred to the CEO and may be asked to appear before the Judiciary.

7.5.2.1 Clubs found guilty by the Board of exploiting the rules under rule 7 may have competition points deducted and or suffer further penalty as determined by the Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.