• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Brumbies 62
Wicks 12ish

Wicks very impressive when their better team was on park at start. They were down 6 who were on gen blue u20s duty. They will take some beating in colts, imo.

Can you name any standout players from either team?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Can you name any standout players from either team?

Tyzak was good, small but game blonde winger for Randwick seems OK. Their forwards in the first stint worked as a unit with one tremendous surge on the back of good passing between 3 or 4 of them.
When the Wicks A team went off it was about 12 all I think.
I have no idea who will be their competition in Sydney.

S

sidelineview

Tyzak was good, small but game blonde winger for Randwick seems OK. Their forwards in the first stint worked as a unit with one tremendous surge on the back of good passing between 3 or 4 of them.
When the Wicks A team went off it was about 12 all I think.
I have no idea who will be their competition in Sydney.

Ok, so the early scrum-half for Randwick and the blonde winger were good, as well as the early forward pack. Would be good to get some names.

Anyone from the Brumbies stand out?

Goodfun

Bob McCowan (2)
Went to watch the Brumby runners play Wicks 1st/2nds, good hit out.
Colts was a different story, wicks actually got pumped, they played well for the first 10 minutes and every now and then throughout the game played ok, regardless which side they put on (don't kid yourself about the "A" team covering themselves in glory).
Poor little blond winger got absolutely pancaked by the Brumby 7, the winger got more applause for picking himself up more so than for anything else he did.
Best players for Brumbies, 10 Moseley played very well. 12 Abel with 4 tries had some nice footwork and leg drive. 15 Mack (I think) showed great pace but tended to hog the ball. 4 Swain, rugged player who chugged all day. Best player 7 Allen, dynamic defence very unyielding, made the wick boys have a good look who was coming at them.
Must say the half back lonegran is a definite look in for the future.

I think if the wicks had their full side inclusive of the tahs 20s lads they would have fairly put it to the brums.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Further to my earlier post, Sydney Uni teams to play touring Argentine side Hindu Club tomorrow.

Tim Davidson and Robert Taylor have named their teams to face Argentinian touring side, the Hindu Club for tomorrow nights fixtures.
Entrance is free, gates will open at Sydney University Football Ground at 4pm, please arrive early to support 1st Colts. A mixed Colts and Grade team will then play the second match before 1st Grade take to the field at 7.35pm.
Bar and BBQ will be available throughout all games, please join us in the SUSFC Function room after the final match to join in the post match celebrations.
1st Grade - 7.35pm Composite - 6pm 1st Colts - 4.25pm

1. Will Ridley 1. Connor Grindal 1. Tom Osbourne
2. Stewart Nutt 2. Pat O'Doherty 2. Sean Hasegawa
3. Alexander Masima 3. Sione Talanoa 3. Jay Spencer
4. Jordan Chapman 4. Jack Stanford 4. Peter Fenwicke
5. Harry Williams 5. Tainashe Washaya 5. Ratu Rotuisolia
6. Byron Wicken 6. Ben Carolan 6. Rory Suttor
7. Lincoln Whiteley 7. Hamiora Mihaka 7. Raymond Taufai
8. Mitchell Whiteley 8. Hugh Frazer © 8. Milan Basson ©
9. Tom Koerstz 9. Anthony McDougall 9. William Wennerbom
10. Daniel Poletto 10. Eddie L'Estrange 10. Joshua Hardie
11. Joshua King 11. Dylan Oldfield 11. Nathanial Tamwoy
12. Tom Carter 12. Dylan Vieria 12. Miti Tuinakauvadra
13. Alfred Paea 13. Sam Barclay 13. Edward Renton
14. Raymond Tafokitau 14. Harry Croker 14. Alex Macdonald
15. Sam Renton 15. Mesake Tagituimua 15. Connor Farnell

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Sorry, it lost its formatting. But the first name in each position is First grade player, the second is a composite Grade/colts team and the third is Colts, All copied from Uni Website.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
They will take some beating in colts, imo.

Hard not to have Randwick as favourites for colts 1sts.. from what i have heard their depth will see a number of 2016 NSW I, NSW II and Combined States players in second grade colts at best. Huge competition for spots.

Some of the names being tossed around - I am sure there are more from 2015 vintage.

Props - Matthews, Chapman (NSW U20's), Upton, Prince
Hookers - Schoupp, Anderson
Locks - Piroddi (NSW U20's), Poidevin, Allen, Nowlan
Flankers - Pietsch, Simpson (NSW U20's), Vivers, O'Sullivan
No. 8 - Cooper (NSW U20's), Musgrove, Serhon
Halves - Jordan, Noonan
Flyhalf - Wilkinson (NSW U20's), Pelligrini, Searl,
Centres - Orpen, Boardman (NSW U20's), Trinkler, Angles-Corke,
Wings - Jaffer-Williams (NSW U20's), Ramm (NSW U20's), Mohi, Williams, Carr
Fullback - Harrison, Narayan

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Hard not to have Randwick as favourites for colts 1sts.. from what i have heard their depth will see a number of 2016 NSW I, NSW II and Combined States players in second grade colts at best. Huge competition for spots.

Some of the names being tossed around - I am sure there are more from 2015 vintage.

Halves - Jordan, Noonan
Yes i have the wix as the title favourites. Player points may become an issue if they are filled with rep players though. Im led to believe that they, amongst a couple of others, wanted to have the players points allowances increased

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Further to my earlier post, Sydney Uni teams to play touring Argentine side Hindu Club tomorrow.

Tim Davidson and Robert Taylor have named their teams to face Argentinian touring side, the Hindu Club for tomorrow nights fixtures.
Entrance is free, gates will open at Sydney University Football Ground at 4pm, please arrive early to support 1st Colts. A mixed Colts and Grade team will then play the second match before 1st Grade take to the field at 7.35pm.
Bar and BBQ will be available throughout all games, please join us in the SUSFC Function room after the final match to join in the post match celebrations.
1st Grade - 7.35pm Composite - 6pm 1st Colts - 4.25pm

1. Will Ridley 1. Connor Grindal 1. Tom Osbourne
2. Stewart Nutt 2. Pat O'Doherty 2. Sean Hasegawa
3. Alexander Masima 3. Sione Talanoa 3. Jay Spencer
4. Jordan Chapman 4. Jack Stanford 4. Peter Fenwicke
5. Harry Williams 5. Tainashe Washaya 5. Ratu Rotuisolia
6. Byron Wicken 6. Ben Carolan 6. Rory Suttor
7. Lincoln Whiteley 7. Hamiora Mihaka 7. Raymond Taufai
8. Mitchell Whiteley 8. Hugh Frazer © 8. Milan Basson ©
9. Tom Koerstz 9. Anthony McDougall 9. William Wennerbom
10. Daniel Poletto 10. Eddie L'Estrange 10. Joshua Hardie
11. Joshua King 11. Dylan Oldfield 11. Nathanial Tamwoy
12. Tom Carter 12. Dylan Vieria 12. Miti Tuinakauvadra
13. Alfred Paea 13. Sam Barclay 13. Edward Renton
14. Raymond Tafokitau 14. Harry Croker 14. Alex Macdonald
15. Sam Renton 15. Mesake Tagituimua 15. Connor Farnell

Thanks HB.

Re Uni colts team. Rory Suttor at 6 and Miti Tuinakauvadra at 12. Have either of them played much in those positions?

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Thanks HB.

Re Uni colts team. Rory Suttor at 6 and Miti Tuinakauvadra at 12. Have either of them played much in those positions?

Apparently Uni Colts got beaten in a close one. And the visitors are up in the second game. Must be a pretty high quality touring side.

Not sure about Miti, really don't know many of these boys at all.

Don't think Suttor has played anything much other than Lock.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure about Miti, really don't know many of these boys at all.

Don't think Suttor has played anything much other than Lock.

That's right. IIRC, Suttor played lock all of 2015 and 2016, possibly longer. Whereas Miti played 8 last season. But i seem to recall someone posting somewhere that Miti had played in the backs before.

S

sidelineview

Halves - Jordan, Noonan

Can anyone confirm Noonan has gone to Norths?

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can anyone confirm Noonan has gone to Norths?

Looked like he was committing to Souths, and attended some of the early sessions before Christmas, but then while he was off at Gen Blue training early in the New Year he apparently made the decision to go to Norths - he may have been concerned about the competition for spots at Souths!

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
OK, will slightly ease the player points problem for Randwick but not by much.

It looks like some very good players will be in the 2nds Colts team each week..

It's hard to see how it'll ease the player points pressure at Randwick when he was a 1 pointer last season

Status
Not open for further replies.