• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simmo Green

Frank Row (1)
The penalty is for a deliberate knock on not a knock down. The downwards motion of the hand is an indicator that no attempt to catch the ball was made. A knock up can be penalised too if it is deliberate and no attempt to catch the ball is made.

Hand position has nought to do with it, intention is the test

(f)
Intentional knock or throw forward. A player must not intentionally knock the ball forward with hand or arm, nor throw forward.​
Sanction: Penalty kick. A penalty try must be awarded if the offence prevents a try that would probably otherwise have been scored.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
The "hand up" is another of the collection of "rools*" invented by football commentates along with the downward pressure or in control of the ball and a myriad of fantasy explanation they continuously rabbit on about. One of them was doing it again last night. I am sure there would be an army of pedants that would remind them every time how wrong they are and the Laws of Rugby, they either are not capable of learning or enjoy the ire.

*deliberately incorrect

S

sidelineview

Randwick vs Manly
COLTS 1 3 pm Coogee Oval COLTS 2 COLTS 3
1 Callum Quinn Carter Hoy Ben O'Sullivan
2 Blake Schoup Jack Upton James McNeill
3 Will Anderson Ethan Micallef Richmond Tahaafee
4 Tom Pirrodi Tom Nowlan Liam Smith
5 Alex Hills Alex Corcoran Travis Griffin
6 Sam Musgrove Tom Serhon James Macaskill
7 Christian Poidevin Latham James Michael Midson
8 Joe Feltis Gus Vivers Jack WIlson
9 Judd Kerrison Tom Wong Dimitry Chipizubov
10 Nick Wilkinson Patrick Pelligrini Ryley Angles Cork
11 Cameron Gleave Will Douglass Harry Stewart
12 Zac Trinkler Matt Orpen Jaya Yaonnidis
13 Yirribi Jaffer Williams Ronald Streeter Mason Caleb Shepherd
14 Dan Boardman Zac Carr Barney Pinkerton
15 Dion Narayan Morgan Steyn Tmo Callaughan
REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS REPLACEMENTS
16 16 Lachie Day 16 Vincent Choy
17 17 17 Connor McCulloch
18 18 18 Sione Nikau
19 19 Jason McDonald 19 Aidan Pelligrini
20 20 Dean Kormanyos 20 Solomon Eden
21 21 Max Rivers 21 Ben Edwards
22 22 Jesoni Ryder 22 John Taukolo
23 23 Dallas Paterson 23 James Tinker

tooldtoplay

Bob McCowan (2)
A question to all of the knowledgeable Sydney colts rugby people on this forum. Is it to late in the season for a player to change clubs if he is very unhappy where he is? And if so, how would he approach doing this?

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
A question to all of the knowledgeable Sydney colts rugby people on this forum. Is it to late in the season for a player to change clubs if he is very unhappy where he is? And if so, how would he approach doing this?
You need to ask club for a release. This generally would be done by the new club GM.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
Gee i wouldnt go to Randwick its full :rolleyes:

Or a bit of trouble in Paradise?

My understanding is you can change pretty well anytime even if contracts are involved in recent years there has been late changes in grade by players between the Northern Beaches clubs

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
You can ask , but it doesn't follow that your first club are obliged to grant your transfer. I know of cases when requests were unsuccessful.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
At least 3 players have done so already this season after round 1 was completed, most recent i am aware of was after round 4... so it happens

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
IMG_4949.PNG

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
^^^^i thought clubs could refuse transfers only in the event that money was outstanding?
Correct..a club cannot deny a transfer unless the player oersoney or is suspended by the club. If a release is not approved the club where the player wants to go asks sru to approve.

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Its hard to wax lyrical about a 55-5 game. At 26-0 after 20 minutes it could have been a lot worse. Three of the first four tries were almost directly from Manly dropped ball and Randwick's ability to counter attack immediately. The next forty minutes did belong to Manly, the last twenty of the first half was spent conducting a focus group on scrumming.
I don't know if Randwick didn't bring that gun to the fight but once the difference in that skill set was realised the Manly captain was going nowhere else given the opportunity. This ultimately led to the referee inviting the Randwick three to take a rest for the last 10min of the 1st half.
A long distance try early in the second brought the score to 26-5
Randwick finished with a flurry of tries the final being reflective of the match. Convinced that the Manly pack had gone George Foreman in the first couple of rounds Randwick opted for a five metre scrum believing now they could drive the Manly scrum the required distance for a try. They failed....... with Manly again gaining possession against the feed, Manly lost the ball in the tackle, quick hands saw Randwick score in the corner
Manly were their own worst enemies by presenting not less then four tries through handling errors to a team of Randwick's quality

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Norths seem to have lost there aura. I know coaches have changed, maybe new structure isnt working

Norths Juniors born in 1996 were strong throughout the journey from u11-u20 I think Always in the final against Gordon (sorry I dont remember who won which)
those born in 1997 were never as strong if I recall correctly probably needing a bit of bulk. Coaching wont fix this.

Status
Not open for further replies.