• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Jarse

Frank Row (1)
This just confirms that you have no idea who plays for Uni and how much the scholarships are (I would call them nominal). Clearly exaggeration is your strong point.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
My son plays at Uni and he is an apprentice and he is not the only one. Does that fit into your sad narrative?

I think you overstate the value of the scholarship by about 700% but don't let the facts get in the way.
I was surprised that so many if the players don't go to Uni, and some like mine attends a different Uni but plays for SUFC.

And if being a Uni was such an advantage Macquarie and NSW, and Uni Western Sydney and others don't know about it.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Wood Rat

Alfred Walker (16)
Is that game at Rat Park? And are Colts playing on main before grade firsts?

Manly this week, I will post times when I know them

Attachments

• IMG_5012.JPG
    IMG_5012.JPG
    239.9 KB · Views: 216

Rugby Addict

Herbert Moran (7)
eastwood over the cap v norths over the weekend as well. not sure SRU will do anything, which makes the cap a farce I guess.
the baz, Yesterday at 12:39 PM Report
All the clubs were asked to send send in a spreadsheet with the points against each player which I imagine everyone did.
We had not updated the points in Fusesport as it appeared they were not going to be publically shown as in prior years.
All the points are now showing on the NSW rugby website so I updated the Gordon points today in Fusesport so hopefully that feeds through tomorrow.
I imagine Randwick and Eastwood have not updated the correct points against each player for this year and that is why they look to be over the cap.
Eastwood's points are clearly inaccurate and they are below 40. Randwick I can see a few errors but not so certain they are under the cap - I think they will adjust them in the next few days.

Shane Smeltz

Fred Wood (13)
Is there still a Gen Blue 19s trial on this Sunday ? Location, attendees, who are they playing? Anyone have further information?

Apparently there is a U19 trial on this Sunday 4th at Camden Rugby Club at 11.30am.
I think it's an internal trial - skill sessions and then playing small games perhaps.

I am guessing the clubs have asked to nominate (younger) Colts players.
Maybe even some from Yr 12, schoolboys will be invited.

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
yet..there was a meeting earlier in the year where certain clubs wanted the points cap increased..not decreased lost. If that had of been approved, the disparity would be even greater. It will be interesting to see if the cap is increased in 2018
And guess which 2 clubs wanted it increased.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I was surprised that so many if the players don't go to Uni, and some like mine attends a different Uni but plays for SUFC.

And if being a Uni was such an advantage Macquarie and NSW, and Uni Western Sydney and others don't know about it.

I assume you mean UNSW - sure they know about it. hy do you think so many go to Randwick these days. Plenty of UNSW scholarships being thrown about by Randwick.

Farmer

Bob McCowan (2)
eastwood over the cap v norths over the weekend as well. not sure SRU will do anything, which makes the cap a farce I guess.
the baz, Yesterday at 12:39 PM Report
All the clubs were asked to send send in a spreadsheet with the points against each player which I imagine everyone did.
We had not updated the points in Fusesport as it appeared they were not going to be publically shown as in prior years.
All the points are now showing on the NSW rugby website so I updated the Gordon points today in Fusesport so hopefully that feeds through tomorrow.
I imagine Randwick and Eastwood have not updated the correct points against each player for this year and that is why they look to be over the cap.
Eastwood's points are clearly inaccurate and they are below 40. Randwick I can see a few errors but not so certain they are under the cap - I think they will adjust them in the next few days.
I had heard there was an issue with organisation that team
Lists are submitted to and numbers are incorrect. Woods should only have sat around 24 points.
On a new note looking forward to seeing who runs out for uni this weekend for the top of the table clash

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
I assume you mean UNSW - sure they know about it. hy do you think so many go to Randwick these days. Plenty of UNSW scholarships being thrown about by Randwick.
Point is, does UNSW even have a rugby club?

And I think you will find Eastwood get along just fine without any strong affiliation with any Uni.

But it's all about the scholarships? Right?

Rugbybloke123

Herbert Moran (7)
Point is, does UNSW even have a rugby club?

And I think you will find Eastwood get along just fine without any strong affiliation with any Uni.

But it's all about the scholarships? Right?

Eastwood this year are in the top 3 strongest colts club. Eastwood seemingly don't recruit, had a single gen blue player, no schoolboys in their program and offer no incentives but a great club and culture. As a result of this they are 2nd in 1st, 6th in 2s (with 4 losses under 7 points) and 1st in 3s. This is what club rugby is all about mates, fun, beers and footy

the baz

Alfred Walker (16)
Eastwood this year are in the top 3 strongest colts club. Eastwood seemingly don't recruit, had a single gen blue player, no schoolboys in their program and offer no incentives but a great club and culture. As a result of this they are 2nd in 1st, 6th in 2s (with 4 losses under 7 points) and 1st in 3s. This is what club rugby is all about mates, fun, beers and footy

isn't max stewart a gen blue player? and I know that there are players that travel a distance to woods that definitely get "fuel money". every club offers incentives, its just some have a greater scope to offer way more. and every clubs has players that want to play with mates, have fun and beers and see how far they can go.

qaz

Allen Oxlade (6)
And scholarships

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
The point is successful clubs will attract good coaches and players.
It's more to do with the development programs and the club culture that will attract players, much less to do with incentives offered.

OldColt

Sydney Middleton (9)
The point is successful clubs will attract good coaches and players.
It's more to do with the development programs and the club culture that will attract players, much less to do with incentives offered.

While many of the clubs might envy Buildcorp Rugby's money, facilities and full-time staff, I can't imagine too many of them would envy your so-called 'culture'. I know we don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.