Well, they would look pretty fucking stupid,saying anything but that today wouldn't they?I asked an official at the Rays, Jones apparently had one session in the pre season but wanted more game time so switched to Sydney.
Well, they would look pretty fucking stupid,saying anything but that today wouldn't they?
One game in and they have someone playing fullback who hasn't played there in years,if ever,and a 13 on the wing.
Meanwhile Harry is carving up with the Stars!
Just waiting for Hartmann to score a hatrick for the Rams to hear,that he also was offered a spot but preferred to play away from all his mates..
Serious no where have I said that.Dave are you still pissing and moaning about the fact that your players leave the Marlins to make a professional living at the Rebels?
Fuck the Rebels. Let's just see them go overseas instead.
rushed job last night
Yes i was sure i recall him when i took the drive up to Lake Mac sevens last year (Marlins won .
I said above i hate singling out a player in a team sport, and i do recall i enjoyed his rugby back in '12.
- Why have we picked from outa area when we have some good 12's to choose from?
- Who is head coach at Rays & head coach at Gordon?
A bit on 2012
Manly's roster - yes serious I agree and that is all i was saying, he'd struggle to get out of 3's (this year as well), I enjoyed watching him play. My sole point was that there are / were better 1st grade players around than him that went elsewhere because a coach possibly promised positions - that shouldn't be on best players picked is what matters.
- Played 10 games mostly on the wing if i recall (goal kicking was a huge plus), Woodhouse was at the back for 2015 as BJ had dodgey ankle (I don't think Sione started all 10 though).
- With Hooper, and Siale spent time on the wing & Woodhouse had game time on the wing also.
- Back 3 got mixed around a bit that year as well.
Reece is an awesome second 5, possibly a better first 5, and he's playing 15 so Hill can play at Gordon next year. Having watched a fair bit of Shute Shield it should be Feltcheer or BJ in the 15;
Lets look back over some past known players, Larkam is the only player that i recall that successfully shifted between 15 & 10 - wasn't a shift - he relocated. All I am saying is they are different positions with different game reads, and we had 2 x very good 15's.
- Their natural read of the game at the back has them being involved, this comes with game time, and reading play / players / combinations.
- It is a different natural read in the front line, the vision is completely different / as is the time to think.
I'll eat my hat if Hill opts to move to Gordon because he's playing with the Rays - HE DOESNT NEED TO! it beggars belief to read that Hill is one-dimensional or worse than Hodge. The bloke has won two premierships in two years and had a pretty big role in them. IIRC, Hodge's concussion occurred when he tried to tackle Hill in the GF. There's a pretty good chance that Townsend was impressed with Hodge at fullback when Gordon played Manly at Chatswood and has selected him there.
If you think Jones deserved the red carpet rolled down before him, you didn't watch the NRC last year.
I've simply asked why an out of area player?
- Hat - what flavor.
- One dimensional - wasn't me.
- Concussion - i missed that.
- V's Gordon - BJ had the impact when he came on and Reece went back to 12, up until then Gordon where right in it.
- Jones red carpet - never said that either. I was curious why semi final first graders changed clubs yet Sione got a gig?
Why are we loosing top quality players?
Why do we loose 3 First Grade props?
People keep mentioning quota of Players from 4 clubs - fair question, why Hill?
I'm saying very little on this thread at the moment as I want to remain positive; this all needs to work for the sake of rugby - I'm talking the Rays and the NRC as a whole.
I'm sitting back watching and hoping against hope, that we don't end up with a team which is weaker than the sum of its 4 parts as we did last year.
Taking things at face value is sometimes advantageous.1/2 which is ok. Reasonably comfortable win over in Perth. Just looking at the statistics on the ARU website (and I am taking them a face value and assuming that they are correct) - only one scrum in the whole match and only one penalty. (Not penalty goal, but penalty)
They must have only counted the good Rays scrums.1/2 which is ok. Reasonably comfortable win over in Perth. Just looking at the statistics on the ARU website (and I am taking them a face value and assuming that they are correct) - only one scrum in the whole match and only one penalty. (Not penalty goal, but penalty)