• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Anyone got the oil on the Convicts?

They should be full on getting prepared to defend the Mark Bingham Trophy in August this year.

How is their player roster looking and what results have they been getting?

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Anyone got the oil on the Convicts?

They should be full on getting prepared to defend the Mark Bingham Trophy in August this year.

How is their player roster looking and what results have they been getting?

They went down in all grades last weekend against Syd Harlequinns. Their 1st Grade side are no slouches but struggle to compete with teams in the top half of the ladder.

Spieber

Bob Loudon (25)
They went down in all grades last weekend against Syd Harlequinns. Their 1st Grade side are no slouches but struggle to compete with teams in the top half of the ladder.

I was surprised with the results given Bingham year and home game for Convicts (and Colleagues). Harlequins must have a lot of depth this year to beat the Convicts 3rds 54-0. Convicts had 12 reserves listed.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
I was surprised with the results given Bingham year and home game for Convicts (and Colleagues). Harlequins must have a lot of depth this year to beat the Convicts 3rds 54-0. Convicts had 12 reserves listed.

I think that scoreline could be a little misleading. From my knowledge Convicts use their 3rd Grade as an opportunity to give guys a game who have never played before. It's a real mix of players and probably says more about them than Harlequins.

I hope they improve as one would expect the Bingham Cup to be a bit of a drawcard.

Moonball

Stan Wickham (3)
Keep an eye on Nick Reilly for St Pats as well ex Aus 7s, E/wood and WH 1sts and William Tuitupou no 8 for Petersham ex Two blues 1sts.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Brothers colts, 2's and 1's all got up with a bonus point victories over blue mountains

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I notice quite a few names missing from last year Brothers premiership side. I know Joel Brooks is at West Harbour. But what about Vinne Byrne, Craig Thomas and Greg Wade? Have they moved on or just missed the 1st round?

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
I notice quite a few names missing from last year Brothers premiership side. I know Joel Brooks is at West Harbour. But what about Vinne Byrne, Craig Thomas and Greg Wade? Have they moved on or just missed the 1st round?
My info is that the three are playing again, must have just missed round one

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Division 4 is confirmed and the draws are up on the Subbies website, although I see that Rouse Hill have already withdrawn from 3rd grade. It will be interesting to see how the 3rd grade works out numbers wise.

Sydney Irish, Redfield OB, Sydney Convicts, Sydney Harlequins, Blacktown, Rouse Hill, Mac Uni, Canterbury

Rouse Hill have third Grade - they beat Convicts today in all three. Maybe you mean Canterbury?

I'd be surprised if Convicts and Rouse Hill Thirds survive the season though.

Quins First XV losing to Blacktown was a bit of a surprise.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Rouse Hill have third Grade - they beat Convicts today in all three. Maybe you mean Canterbury?

I'd be surprised if Convicts and Rouse Hill Thirds survive the season though.

Quins First XV losing to Blacktown was a bit of a surprise.

They were listed at the start of the season as withdrawn from the comp, maybe that was a mix up on the Subbies website with Canterbury.

Irish lost a narrow one to Redfield 3rds, had a pretty convincing win in 2nds with a couple of late ROBs tries putting a gloss on the scoreboard. The firsts got absolutely beasted by a very clinical Redfield side, GF revenge was on their mind without a doubt and they were very impressive.

Iluvmyfooty

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I see there is now a Subbies forum on which people can discuss their clubs, games and anything doing with subbies. Please feel free to put your club info, match reports etc,. there. From the above postings Subbies has some very keen and interesting support

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I see there is now a Subbies forum on which people can discuss their clubs, games and anything doing with subbies. Please feel free to put your club info, match reports etc,. there. From the above postings Subbies has some very keen and interesting support

Are you talking about here or somewhere else?

Have you got a link?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Early days yet but!

Well done to Petersham beating the whales in 1sts!
Well done to Blueys on getting up against Oatley in 1st grade

Got to say i am surprised that Hunters Hill havent won a games in 1sts and what is going on with Hornsby. Great year for them last year i thought they would be morals for this year!

What is going on with Briars, i thought they would be on the improve!

BORIS CRASHBALL

Frank Row (1)
Good to see a resurgent Newport in Div 2 (although it will be interesting to see how their colts fare), but a worry to see Hunters Hill struggling.

I assume there been a big turnover of players after coming down the division? The HH v Blue Mountains game this week should be interesting with the two teams back in Div 2 from different directions.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Good to see a resurgent Newport in Div 2 (although it will be interesting to see how their colts fare), but a worry to see Hunters Hill struggling.

I assume there been a big turnover of players after coming down the division? The HH v Blue Mountains game this week should be interesting with the two teams back in Div 2 from different directions.
From what I have been told about HH this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see them drop straight down to Div 3 next year.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Went down to Francesco Oval for Renegade v Quins today. Visitors missing about twenty blokes according to their Secretary.

Third grade was locked up at 22-all after Quins missed a conversion. Looked at my watch, and it was about 1:55. Game over in usual circumstances. Renegades got upfield and kicked a penalty just before 2pm, then Quins scored a try at 2:03 to win it. Ref's watch must have been broken.

I picked up a flag at that point as I'm badged and knew that it could get willing.

Seconds was back and forth, again with the Renegades fighting back to a lead late, until Quins' got them across the line with a last-minute try.

Firsts would have been a slaughter if Quins brought their A-game. As it was, the Renegades lacked accuracy and weren't supporting the ball carrier enough and got blanked anyway, despite a perfectly legal try that the ref called not straight (I was the AR - it was straight).

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not the greatest day for Irish yesterday, Canterbury forfeited 3rd grade so we had a Halligan game against Dukes and went down 21-0. The Dukes packed pushed us around in the first half and got 3 tries from some of their big ball carriers.

2nds went down after leading 12-0. Canterbury's back 3 caused havoc anytime they got the ball and scored some great tries. 1sts went down by 12 in the end to Canterbury. All in all we were missing about 20 players so was a credit to our depth that we got 3 teams out without anyone having to back up too much.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The long weekend really hurt a lot of clubs in terms of playing numbers.

In hindsight, would you have played the Halligan game?

Status
Not open for further replies.