• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Just an assumption. The state Aussie rugby is in I can't see the Subbies guys pulling in big $$$.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Not sure what the circumstances were with Dundas, though an all-in seems unlikely as there were no opposition players suspended. There was an earlier list which had a number of (I think) Fairvale players suspended, after a game was called off with Rockdale.

Am I right in thinking that once you hit a certain number of red cards and/or suspensions you breach the allowable level and get deducted competition points? I remember a few years ago teams missing the finals because they'd had too many cards and/or suspensions.

According to subbies this week:
A club this week has breached its tolerable level of offences and will now face further penalties – including the loss of one full round of competition points

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
According to subbies this week:
A club this week has breached its tolerable level of offences and will now face further penalties – including the loss of one full round of competition points
I wonder if it was Fairvale or Dundas? Any info?

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Brothers vs Hunters...DIV 2s semi professionals lock horns in what will be a cracker. I'm calling Brothers at home in a close one.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
There were Fairvale registered players suspended after the 15 May round though?

From the info I gathered, many players from our Halligan Cup side had defected to St George. They were having trouble with numbers and the players were after regular game time (A problem the removal of 5th Div created). There was an incident (I don't know the full details) that occured during one of their matches that had several defected players suspended. I guess this is where the confusion lies.

The incident coincides with the St George Vs Clovelly Meldrum Cup match in which the incident occurred.

paul martin

Ted Fahey (11)
I'm always fascinated by this talk of subbies players being paid. I know it happens but to what extent I'm not sure. There are supposed big name subbies players but I must confess I have never heard of any of them. Apart from Matt Dunning and Matt Giteau.

XVProps

Herbert Moran (7)
I'm always fascinated by this talk of subbies players being paid. I know it happens but to what extent I'm not sure. There are supposed big name subbies players but I must confess I have never heard of any of them. Apart from Matt Dunning and Matt Giteau.
Ryan Cross, Drew Mitchell to add to that list, plus a few others from OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hawktrain

Ted Thorn (20)
Newcastle-based streaming company BarTV did their first Subbies game yesterday - Mosman v Balmain. Watched most of it, was a cracking game, full game is at this link:

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
The incident coincides with the St George Vs Clovelly Meldrum Cup match in which the incident occurred.
So they were Fairval registered players playing for St George?

Wouldn't that still mean that Fairvale have breached the tolerable levels?

Cactus Jack

Bob McCowan (2)
I think if you look at the Div 1 ladders you'll find Drummoyne are missing a few competition points. I'm led to believe its related to the number of yellow and red cards the club has been receiving.

mous

Frank Nicholson (4)
So they were Fairval registered players playing for St George?

Wouldn't that still mean that Fairvale have breached the tolerable levels?

So Fairvale players have switched clubs and committed an offence playing for their new club. Because they're still registered as Fairvale players, somehow you think Fairvale is still responsible for these players actions?

If for some reason you think Fairvale are still responsible, what appropiate penalties would you apply. These are Halligan Cup players might I add, would you go even further and deduct points from the Meldrum Cup team?

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
Newcastle-based streaming company BarTV did their first Subbies game yesterday - Mosman v Balmain. Watched most of it, was a cracking game, full game is at this link:

It was excellent, got home from schoolboy footy, played it on the big screen via apple TV and pretended it was live. Only spoilt by the constant talking of the ref. There was no commentary, so the only audio was the miked up ref.

As a mate of mine said "10 tries, 3 yellow cards, 1red and a dog! Great win Mosman.... Love suburban rugby."

WillyO

Stan Wickham (3)
So Fairvale players have switched clubs and committed an offence playing for their new club. Because they're still registered as Fairvale players, somehow you think Fairvale is still responsible for these players actions?

If for some reason you think Fairvale are still responsible, what appropiate penalties would you apply. These are Halligan Cup players might I add, would you go even further and deduct points from the Meldrum Cup team?

it'd be St George Losing 5 points, breach of tolerable levels.

or

Fairvales players, Fairvales problem.

or

both lose points if Subbies was fair dinkum.

So far neither. Good to see Drummoyne has been docked though. Foul play needs to be stamped out.

Haven't watched the Bar TV game, Hopefully they do Newport v UNSW this week.

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
It was excellent, got home from schoolboy footy, played it on the big screen via apple TV and pretended it was live. Only spoilt by the constant talking of the ref. There was no commentary, so the only audio was the miked up ref.

As a mate of mine said "10 tries, 3 yellow cards, 1red and a dog! Great win Mosman.. Love suburban rugby."

I realise that the camera was on the same side as the crowd but didnt sound like there were to many there. Which DiV club gets the biggest home crowds?

Status
Not open for further replies.