• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
To help with the world cup teams, Gentlemen I give you the most lethal team in Subbies Rugby. (Some availabilities may be questionable however)

Sydney Shirazs

Coach - Teniko Tunupopo Snr (Oatley)
Manager - Patrick Lang (Lindfield)

1 Manasa Vuadreu (Brothers)
2 Elvis Aokuso (Drummoyne)
3 Greg Hughan (Dundas Valley)
4 Viliami Teu (Forest)
5 Andrew Sika (Merrylands)
6 Daniel Mailata (Petersham)
7 Sebastian Kosmin (Maccabi)
8 Tui Nye (Rouse Hill)
9 Adam Coughlan (Lindfield)
10 Tala Moli (Lindfield)
11 Bill Soliola (Lidcombe)
12 Alapati Pese (Fairvale)
13 Mahoni Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
14 Viliami Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
15 Max Tatham (Lane Cove)

Also note, some positions may be incorrect, however Teniko will work it out on game day

sandeep

Stan Wickham (3)
email.png

thetraitor

Chris McKivat (8)
I have made this team just for Bes. Some of these players should be at the top of Eppings recruitment drive for next year too.

Introducing the Japanese Dragons. Surely they are the favourites for the World Cup so far.

Coach - Birchgrove Bes
Home ground - Somerville Oval ]

Although he's a great player and won the Barraclough Medal several times, I'm pretty sure your #7 Chris Ching is (a) retired, and (b) Chinese.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)

Hey mate, I admire your efforts.

However, I do not think this would benefit subbies rugby, but I do think it would be a fun event in its own right. The reason I suspect this is they have an event like this in Victoria and that's what it's like. Just a fun celebration of culture.

I also be very surprised if you found 23 Indians, Uruguayans, etc. to play and even if you did I'd be even more surprised if they were competitive with the South Africans, Kiwis, etc. There's more of them over here and they're generally better footballers.

Good luck with what you're doing, but I'd reassess what you're trying to do, what your exact goal is, and if you even really need subbies affiliation. I can see maybe an insurance reasoning, but nothing else.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
A couple of years ago, they ran a Division 2 vs Division 3 rep game at the end of the season. It was a good game, played at Brookvale Oval (?), but the concept never made it off the ground after that. Perhaps something like that might be a better launching point for a rugby festival.

Anyone prepared to name teams?

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
A couple of years ago, they ran a Division 2 vs Division 3 rep game at the end of the season. It was a good game, played at Brookvale Oval (?), but the concept never made it off the ground after that. Perhaps something like that might be a better launching point for a rugby festival.

Anyone prepared to name teams?
Let us get through the Subbies World Cup before you start suggesting more games. Player welfare is important

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Completely agree! We had Manly away last week, Dee Why away this weekend and Burraneer the next. Tough to get the players there, even with the bus, because guys have to work.

That is a pretty stupid draw - three away games in a row in an 8-club comp? Madness.

The full fleat will be back next week.

Just in time to fucking pound us into dust out here in the western wilderness. Great :(

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
To help with the world cup teams, Gentlemen I give you the most lethal team in Subbies Rugby. (Some availabilities may be questionable however)

Sydney Shirazs

Coach - Teniko Tunupopo Snr (Oatley)
Manager - Patrick Lang (Lindfield)

1 Manasa Vuadreu (Brothers)
2 Elvis Aokuso (Drummoyne)
3 Greg Hughan (Dundas Valley)
4 Viliami Teu (Forest)
5 Andrew Sika (Merrylands)
6 Daniel Mailata (Petersham)
7 Sebastian Kosmin (Maccabi)
8 Tui Nye (Rouse Hill)
9 Adam Coughlan (Lindfield)
10 Tala Moli (Lindfield)
11 Bill Soliola (Lidcombe)
12 Alapati Pese (Fairvale)
13 Mahoni Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
14 Viliami Kaufusi (Rouse Hill)
15 Max Tatham (Lane Cove)

Also note, some positions may be incorrect, however Teniko will work it out on game day

That game will be next century as there all banned for life.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Bobs vs Hawkesbury at the school this weekend. Bobs try and do this every year and its a great facility to use during the school holidays. HV will at least get a hot shower after the game as opposed to the beautiful facilities at Turramurra! Do Knox, St Pats, Waverley (They have a better ground than the school) or Iggies ever have a round at the old school grounds? I left Kings off as I know they already play at the school and do have a game on the main oval during school holidays.

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Bobs vs Hawkesbury at the school this weekend. Bobs try and do this every year and its a great facility to use during the school holidays. HV will at least get a hot shower after the game as opposed to the beautiful facilities at Turramurra! Do Knox, St Pats, Waverley (They have a better ground than the school) or Iggies ever have a round at the old school grounds? I left Kings off as I know they already play at the school and do have a game on the main oval during school holidays.

Do all these grounds have fences? I've heard that Kings' is gorgeous

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Sydney Irish, Mac Uni, Barker, Epping, Hawks Ag and surprisingly Balmain are lacking for numbers with players away or jumping ship from struggling clubs
Balmain?? Now that IS a surprise... But I guess a sign of the times. I'd agree with all the others from what I've heard

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.