• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

God

Frank Row (1)
Any word on how Colts in Div 3 is shaping up? I recall last year some clubs feeling anxious about having to field a team

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Renegades will be over at Maccabi this Saturday, playing two Grades. Due to a lack of training we'll probably be a total rabble, to the point where I'm probably pulling the boots on! :)

But what the hell, at least we'll get on the field for a change.

Anyone know what the drainage is like at Lyne Park?

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
Any word on how Colts in Div 3 is shaping up? I recall last year some clubs feeling anxious about having to field a team

Every club has indicated they have a team. June/July will be the big test though with injuries and uni holidays, I'm sure there will be a few forfeits late in the season.

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Have just seen Blacktown Council have left their grounds shut until Monday still!!! Poor old Blacktown would be fuming with their council keeping grounds shut for about 30 days straight

Disgraceful scenes

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Have just seen Blacktown Council have left their grounds shut until Monday still!!! Poor old Blacktown would be fuming with their council keeping grounds shut for about 30 days straight

Disgraceful scenes

Not shocking. My ground (Kellyville #3) has terrible drainage and has standing water one end, and is perfect the other.

Silly bastards don't understand how gravity works when it comes to water. Also don't mow it to the right length, which kills the root base and hardens the soil.

Of course, the stupid offset cricket pitch in the middle doesn't help.

http://renegades.net.au/index.php?pageid=14

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Not shocking. My ground (Kellyville #3) has terrible drainage and has standing water one end, and is perfect the other.

Silly bastards don't understand how gravity works when it comes to water. Also don't mow it to the right length, which kills the root base and hardens the soil.

Of course, the stupid offset cricket pitch in the middle doesn't help.

http://renegades.net.au/index.php?pageid=14
You've talked about council and intelligence in the same post, pretty sure these two don't belong together...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)

Mail is 4 Div2 and 4 Div 3 clubs very concerned about overall numbers. Might see some 1st round forfeits

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Bobs have got a new website up and running which is great. It seems like a positive vibe in the place and they have another trial against Forrest and Lane Cove this weekend at Melwood.

Looking forward to round one. Of all the divisions I think Div 2 is going to be the most interesting. All the clubs in there had strong years last year (Lindfield looked good up until their troubles) and it will be interesting to see whether Beecroft and HAC continue to grow. 2nd Div certainly has plenty of travelling for UNSW with trips to Blue Mountains and Hawkesbury Ag. In fact UNSW will certainly get sick of the travel with no local clubs this year like Waverley.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Bobs have got a new website up and running which is great. It seems like a positive vibe in the place

That's great to hear. Especially as there's been rumours to the contrary. It's been a tough time for BOBs and I do hope to see the club bounce back after a really rough season.

Also heard Knox struggling to get a 4th grade ready for the trial this weekend. I'm guessing this is the last trial for everyone so it can't bode well for the season ahead. Hopefully it's just the old guys waiting for the Easter break.

When the upper north shore is struggling for numbers, the game must have some issues. Anyone got news on St Ives, Brothers, Lindfield, Forest and Beecroft numbers?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Spoke to the guys at Maccabi about the likelihood of 5th Division coming back. They said only 4 clubs indicated interest (Maccabi was one of them) at the Divisional meeting.

So will be a while before that rears its head again.

But I've heard there is a nearby ground I can use for a fallback location in the event of wet weather continuing, which is good.

AND NONE OF YOU BASTARDS WILL EVER KNOW!

2j1mye1.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In two weeks time???

Desperate times for some clubs, including ours. I've got a dozen fully paid, another 15 with their full deposit of $100, and 8 more with half a deposit. Not all of them can be relied upon to show up every week, sadly.

I've asked Tim Richards to put us into the pile of clubs that want a fifth division, which by my count is

Rouse Hill
Maccabi
Lane Cove
Convicts
Merrylands
and maybe:
Roseville
Alexandria Dukes
Kings OB

I think Subbies would rather have a 7-club 4th Div and an 8-club 5th Div than yet another year of 16-club 6th Div.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
That's great to hear. Especially as there's been rumours to the contrary. It's been a tough time for BOBs and I do hope to see the club bounce back after a really rough season.

Also heard Knox struggling to get a 4th grade ready for the trial this weekend. I'm guessing this is the last trial for everyone so it can't bode well for the season ahead. Hopefully it's just the old guys waiting for the Easter break.

When the upper north shore is struggling for numbers, the game must have some issues. Anyone got news on St Ives, Brothers, Lindfield, Forest and Beecroft numbers?

I'm told that at the Knox v Lindfield trials on Saturday, Lindfield had huge numbers turn up...and were very competitive. I'm assuming the club stalwarts have done a lot of hard work over the summer getting numbers for the blue and Whites after last years debacle.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
I'm told that at the Knox v Lindfield trials on Saturday, Lindfield had huge numbers turn up.and were very competitive. I'm assuming the club stalwarts have done a lot of hard work over the summer getting numbers for the blue and Whites after last years debacle.
Good to hear, seems to contradict the facebook post from them last week looking for players...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm told that at the Knox v Lindfield trials on Saturday, Lindfield had huge numbers turn up.and were very competitive. I'm assuming the club stalwarts have done a lot of hard work over the summer getting numbers for the blue and Whites after last years debacle.

The desire to stick it up Subbies probably plays a part.

Have announced on the unofficial FB page that we're starting Fifth Division in some form, and asked people to spread the word.

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Would be great to get Div 5 back to give the Div 6 teams something to strive for. As it stands with the jump from 6 to 4, you essentially have to find 200% more players willing to pull on a jersey each week. At least with a Div 5 there's a chance that clubs can grow from 1 team. Would only do good for the game if it could get back off the ground.

Reactions: fkj

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Only teams signing up so far:

Lane Cove dead keen with 2 x senior and 2 x Colts sides
Maccabi keen
Convicts apparently but I've not heard from them.
That would be 4, with us.

Roseville, KOBs, Merrylands, Dukes - definite "no", but the latter was wistful.

Might just be that Tim lets us into 4th Division with 2 Grades and we try to build numbers for a Third. Good news is I only have to fork over entry for Two Grades in the meantime, whatever happens.

Fuck I'd love a proper 5th Division, but it might have to wait until next year. In the meantime, got to get shit sorted out straight after Easter weekend for a visit to Briars.

Status
Not open for further replies.