• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
i think a better idea would be to have a suburban rugby multicultural world cup where players align with countries such as new zealand, paupa new guinea, samoa, tonga, india, ireland, england, fiji, italy and netherlands to make a sydney 7s world cup. this would see talent amongst division and also bring the countries and rugby together we could have 4 pools and play it over one weekend where no rugby is played or have rugby still played as rep players represent there countries like in super rugby. it would be played at unsw fields at david phillips.
You might be on to something here Sandeep! 7s is a good time too as would all be in pre-season so would be working on fitness. I do think there would have to be a lot of honesty around origin nations though, you wouldn't want it ending up like Mungo origin with everyone playing for QLD.
I think though as well, in your list it's important to extend and invitation to the Asian nations like Japan and Korea... There has been a lot of talk about them recently and I think there could be some real potential in that market.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

S

Saint Yves

What do we all think about only playing semi finals & finals at grounds that have fences & hedges. Why arent we playing the best games of the year at the best grounds? We kno all the best grounds have fences & hedges. To start with this year, we can play the finals at Lane Cove since they wont be playing semis anyways. Then from next year, if your club wants to host a semi, they need to have a fence with a hedge.

I know we are already looking into a hedge for next year since we already have the best clubhouse so we would love to host some finals gsmes

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
What do we all think about only playing semi finals & finals at grounds that have fences & hedges. Why arent we playing the best games of the year at the best grounds? We kno all the best grounds have fences & hedges. To start with this year, we can play the finals at Lane Cove since they wont be playing semis anyways. Then from next year, if your club wants to host a semi, they need to have a fence with a hedge.

I know we are already looking into a hedge for next year since we already have the best clubhouse so we would love to host some finals gsmes

Clubhouse, fence and hedge.... your ground might become the second best ground in Australia, behind Tantallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd man in

Frank Nicholson (4)
Thanks Heavy,
Knox are on track for a clean sweep this week!
Dildo?
Mad some of the old boys will say when we beatbox in the change room 'ain't no team feel dat hammer as to when da boys play knox mutha effing Grammar!'

Feel that beat.
The old knox "knob wash" in lieu of the whitewash

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)

Surely the fence and the hedge need to be up to a certain standard

Also, has HeavyD tipped yet?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
DIV 1
ST PATS vs Knox - tipping a home upset over a inconsistent Knox
Colleagues vs DIRTY REDSs - will be tough but Drummoyne too strong in the end. A class above in Kentwell
PETERSHAM vs Mosman - Home ground enough to get the Shammies home.
BALMAIN vs Waverley - a stronger Muzzled Wolves outfit to dominate lowly Waves.
DIV 2
LINDFIELD vs Hac - My gut says Old Soldier can pull off the upset of the season. HAC has no lower grade depth and injuries at some stage must take there toll. Maybe its this week? OLD SOLDIER!
Hills vs HUNTERS - Will be brutal early but think HH will just get over the line...MOTR
Unsw vs MOUNTAINS - on the receiving end of a physical demolition by Hunters last week Unsw face more of the same with Mountains big men too big too strong.
FOREST vs Beecroft - my tip for most red or yellow cards. Forest have a pretty ordinary team this year but Beecroft are worse. Forest in a spiteful encounter.
DIV 3
Epping vs BROTHERS - You recall I called this rebound early. Brothers have 'recruited' and they are on the move. Too much off field rubbish with Epping at moment and can see an upset on the cards.
SAINTS vs Newport - Saints by plenty against injury ravaged Breakers
IGGIES vs Bobs - IGGIEs will look to bounce back from last weeks performance and expect Bobs famous 2nd round blues to commence this week.
REDFIELD vs Hawkesbury - This is a 50/50 game but with a dry track Redfields backs will overcome Hawkesburys forward dominance

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
We know all the best grounds have fences & hedges.

Time to put fences in perspective.

They might be the "best grounds" but they a f'n crap to play at. So many Subbies games I've played at with good fences, we've been told that only the water boy is allowed on the field.....putting the supporters 40 metres back from the action.

That's great for all those champion grounds with elevated grandstands.....hang on....no it's not.

It's Subbies.

Being there, 5 metres from the sideline, belting/getting belted into the baying crowds and where the injured player doesn't need to go a f'n mile for treatment. You're literally 10 metres away from the opposition club set up on the other side of halfway screaming and willing their club to victory.

Best rugby atmosphere this side of internationals.......and if you've been to a Wallaby's or Horrortah's match this year, it's better. Cheaper beers too:D

SackRobbie

Chris McKivat (8)
Chit chat that Waverley is in disarray.

1st grade coach & former welsh prop left to play for Parra in Shute Shield. Took a number of his recruits with him.

Colts have lost all their players after 5 red cards handed out for fighting. The rest of the players left when their mates were kicked out.

Bonds with Subbies have been forfeited due to red cards & apparently on their last chance.

Mangoman

Allen Oxlade (6)
Anyone in Div 6 have an idea of why Roseville have forfeited tomorrow's fixture? I assume player numbers are the issue but for a team that was in the semis last year and seemed to have a decent crop of young-ish players it's strange to see...

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Heard from a mate there was some good Fence action going on in these forums, and as a connoisseur of fences i thought id check it out!to kick things off here is a photo of one of my favourites.
5050509b3.jpg

The Year Of

Allen Oxlade (6)
Great fence and awesome Pub in the background.

Don't think there has been a game of rugby played on it in about 100 years thou

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Thanks Year Of, true about the Pub!
Didnt realise it needed to be an active Rugby field... My bad.
I do agree with Skinny that Waverley have a great fence, but given the absolute fortune the council threw into that re-development I dont think its a fair inclusion as no mortal grass roots club could afford that. on the positive the stand is a great way to watch a game of rugby, however the real action is on the side line

Ive included a file photo as reference below.
Waverley-Oval-Pavilion-Waverley-Grandstand-Rugby-Club-Bondi.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.