• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
I am hearing that the beef at Epping will end this week with a few players leaving including the 9 who is going to Lane Cove? I think they are all unhappy with Bupa & his coaching style (is that seriously his name??) From what I hear he is just waiting on the paperwork to come through so that his brother also gets a job on the board? Lane Cove are hoping this will improve them from 6th to 5th for this year & are hoping to get all the unhappy Epping players next year as a flow on from this? Can anyone confirm this as we have the match of the round against them this week & I believe this will tip the match in our favour. After a strong effort vs the highly fancied Newport, we are backing ourselves to knock off the benchmark as we know where to target Epping from now on. Should be a cracking match

Nothing of this came into any sort of development. Can you please provide a list of the Epping players who want to come to Lane Cove. With our injury list at the moment it would certainly help.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
And that makes 7 forfeits across Subbies for the weekend by my count - or nearly 10% of matches.

We'll see if it was just EOFY causing this. I'm about to put up a "Please Explain" for my guys because fuck playing two games per week.

I understand your situation at the moment and how frustrating it must be. Just make sure you speak to those guys who let you down in the right way. While I am not making excuses for them, there are many more people to blame and the 25 or so current members you have are not the problem.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Nothing of this came into any sort of development. Can you please provide a list of the Epping players who want to come to Lane Cove. With our injury list at the moment it would certainly help.
Send them some info about the fence and the multi-layered hedge. Could get them across the line....

What are your child-care facilities like at Tantallon? Last time I was down Somerville way, I noticed there was a child-care centre with it's very own fence and hedge set-up. Perhaps, just perhaps, that's the glue holding the rams together.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
We Dominated The Day But Congrats To Barker Who Snatched It On The Whistle In 1s. Third Week In A Row It Has Gone Down To The Final Play.

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Send them some info about the fence and the multi-layered hedge. Could get them across the line..

What are your child-care facilities like at Tantallon? Last time I was down Somerville way, I noticed there was a child-care centre with it's very own fence and hedge set-up. Perhaps, just perhaps, that's the glue holding the rams together.

Childcare on a Saturday?

Still a lot of rugby to be played and we definitely have 2s and Colts finals coming up so its now or never so to speak.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Maccabi posted something on their page of them watching the test after a 'tough training session'

Tactical forfeit perhaps?

Might be something in that. Though they were at home and didn't have a Second Grade fixture to play, so can't understand what they gain by it. Perhaps avoiding a bit of physical punishment from Menai.

Just make sure you speak to those guys who let you down in the right way. While I am not making excuses for them, there are many more people to blame and the 25 or so current members you have are not the problem.

25? Fuck that's optimistic.

I've tried molly-coddling, banter, gentle ribbing, appealing to better natures, the best post-match feed of any club, Presidential Free Beer, and NOT having to play First Grade. As it is, anyone wanting to take offence to this:

rugbything.png

Can get fucked.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Childcare on a Saturday?

Still a lot of rugby to be played and we definitely have 2s and Colts finals coming up so its now or never so to speak.
Don't discount the benefits of Childcare on a Saturday Mate. We don't have it where we are and we do the best we can to help parents out, but given the number of blokes at our club with young families the more facilities and help any club can offer to ensure guys can get on the park, the better I say.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

S

Saint Yves

Isn't there also a gentleman's establishment next to Somerville? The childcare isn't in the same spot is it?

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Best players from each Division's Grade 1 competition...

Div 1 - G Montgomery. Petersham
Div 2 - C Henwood. Hunters Hill
Div 3 - P Burfit. Redfield

bundaddy

Peter Burge (5)
Might be something in that. Though they were at home and didn't have a Second Grade fixture to play, so can't understand what they gain by it. Perhaps avoiding a bit of physical punishment from Menai.

25? Fuck that's optimistic.

I've tried molly-coddling, banter, gentle ribbing, appealing to better natures, the best post-match feed of any club, Presidential Free Beer, and NOT having to play First Grade. As it is, anyone wanting to take offence to this:

View attachment 9453

Can get fucked.

Fair play to you. I think you should just forfeit 2s every week as well. What is Subbies going to do? Relegate you?

Do you have a junior club as well?

S

Saint Yves

Best players from each Division's Grade 1 competition.

Div 1 - G Montgomery. Petersham
Div 2 - C Henwood. Hunters Hill
Div 3 - P Burfit. Redfield

Div 1 - O Edwards. Drummoyne
Div 2 - J Brooks. Hunters Hill
Div 3 - T Forde. St Ives
Div 4 - M Henoa. Blacktown
Div 5 - T Newton Mcgee. Lane Cove, just ahead of T Fence & T Hedge from Lane Cove

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
Div 1 - O Edwards. Drummoyne
Div 2 - J Brooks. Hunters Hill
Div 3 - T Forde. St Ives
Div 4 - M Henoa. Blacktown
Div 5 - T Newton Mcgee. Lane Cove, just ahead of T Fence & T Hedge from Lane Cove

Should've stopped at Div 2...then people might have mistaken you for someone that knows anything about rugby.

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Skinny. you willing to throw out some names.even for the grade you know the most about.
From what I've seen and heard from blokes I know in these comps....

Div 6 - Harry Peters - Savers
Div 5 - Pondergrass (think that's his name) - Collaroy
Div 4 - Finau Mahina - Oatley
Div 3 - Will Mahi (again not 100% sure on name) - Iggies

Can't say I know much about divs 1, 2 and 3... so won't bother with 1 and 2

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Div 1 - Thomas Evans (Petersham)
Div 2 - Danny Kroll (Blue Mountains)
Div 3 - Harry Byrnes (Epping)
Div 4 - Matthew Battishall (Oatley)
Div 5 - Clay Studdon (Menai)
Div 6 - Tim Beach (Manly Savers)

Johnny Drama

Sydney Middleton (9)
I take my hat off to blokes that can watch matches from six divisions every Saturday. I can only ever manage to get to one game.

BeachBreaker

Frank Nicholson (4)
I take my hat off to blokes that can watch matches from six divisions every Saturday. I can only ever manage to get to one game.
Clubs have been going up and down the divisions over the years so plenty of opportunities to see what players are around. Even as a ref I always remember the captains and better players in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.