• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Oakhill Old Boys. Trying to get back into the comp next year. Had our first committee meeting this week, looking promising. We are hoping for a few halligans games before the year is out.

Would welcome another club in the area - particularly if you're in our Division and can provide a local game ;)

Where do your current graduates go to in terms of rugby? Surely there are enough from the school to really help support Oakhill with a couple of grades + Colts.

Seems to be an oversupply at clubs like Hills so thinking a few end up there.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)
Would welcome another club in the area - particularly if you're in our Division and can provide a local game ;)

Where do your current graduates go to in terms of rugby? Surely there are enough from the school to really help support Oakhill with a couple of grades + Colts.

Seems to be an oversupply at clubs like Hills so thinking a few end up there.

If memory serves me correctly Oakhill were in Subbies a long time ago and may have even been in Div 1 or Div 2? I remember filling in for them one week and they were playing Forrest.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Are you that old Tommy? :)

Since 2007 they've not been higher than Fifth Division, and even then were going around with 1.5 teams most of the time before exiting the competition a couple of years later.

It seemed they had ongoing trouble with discipline (lot of red cards in 2008 in particular) as well as sourcing and keeping a home ground.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)

Since 2007 they've not been higher than Fifth Division, and even then were going around with 1.5 teams most of the time before exiting the competition a couple of years later.

They were in 5th in 2004 when we were in fifth.

Tommy Tudehope

Ted Fahey (11)

It seemed they had ongoing trouble with discipline (lot of red cards in 2008 in particular) as well as sourcing and keeping a home ground.

I think it would have been around 02 or 03 and they had a colts side. Would be good to have them back.

Bernie

Allen Oxlade (6)
Remember playing a trial on the upper field at Oakhill College in the late noughties. Long grass, mid to high 30's temp. Not pleasant.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
After Brothers lost 89-20 away to BOBs in round one, if they can get the win at home that would be one hell of a turn around. Agree BOBs don't travel well, but did pick up the 'W' in their last away game against Iggies.

Completely new Brothers outfit to that round. Is the upset on the cards?

Kiko

Bob McCowan (2)
Back in the days of your ACT Brumbies style jerseys, remember watching Engadine run around against Matraville at the high school before they bit the dust.

I have fond memories also Mangoman. Have you seen Minny Skinny or Rumour Ron lately?

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
Completely new Brothers outfit to that round. Is the upset on the cards?
Brothers have 5 or 6 guys running around in 1s who have changed their team dramatically. Mid table teams would be fearful of them leading into semis....

Interesting to see where they've come from en masse mid season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Back in the days of your ACT Brumbies style jerseys, remember watching Engadine run around against Matraville at the high school before they bit the dust.

They were the days.

When you packed down for a scrum and the other pack was in another suburb.

CactusJack

Bob McCowan (2)
It seems Redfield are sorting out things off the field. I read on Redfields facebook about the Burfitt/Abrams issues. All the players are tagged in it (including mike dale who exiled the club in support of Burfitt). I think you will find everyone is good now and redfield can get back to doing what they do best (playing exciting rugby).

I
Screen Shot 2017-07-14 at 5.45.04 pm.png

tommy can you confirm things are all good now.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)

I do recall that game after you jogged memory. I'm fairly sure we only played there once.

You would've enjoyed that game, that field was a deadset war zone.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers have 5 or 6 guys running around in 1s who have changed their team dramatically. Mid table teams would be fearful of them leading into semis..

Interesting to see where they've come from en masse mid season

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Surprised no one knows as unless they've been brought in directly from Fiji they would have had to come from another club. Maybe grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.