• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers Will Beat Valley Next Week By 60+.

But Even With That, If Redfield Beat Epping Next Week Then Brothers Are Out, Meaning The Last Round Clash Between Brothers/Redfield Is Not Important As There Is A 6 Point Gap Between Them.

Epping should be way to classy for Redfield. Only chance is if Epping decide to have an "off day" against them to shut Brother$ out.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Just sent you a pm pfitzy. A bit of a funny story from golden oldies today.

If anyone else wants to hear it, send me a pm, don't wanna give anyone up on an open forum.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
Really good day of rugby at the Bobdome today, with Epping too good in all grades coming away with 4 wins. As well as some quality rugby, I got to witness the Epping first grade coach Whopper in full flight, and can confirm that his relationship with his halfback appears to have completely disintegrated, with the two of them having an argument which ended up in a shouting match with Whopper telling him to F off to Lane Cove. Could throw a spanner in the works for Eppings tilt at the Clark Cup.

If true, and I would believe you over others on the forum as you actually watched the game, then the rumours are true. However, doesnt seem to be affecting them. Maybe its too close to the end of the season for players to jump, maybe they are waiting till the end of year. Sounds like Lane Cove could have a really good 2018

FenceLover

Stan Wickham (3)
Any good Fences this weekend?
Any new clubs coming through with Fence prowess?
Anyone know if, given their 2nd half form, Brothers have begun fence construction?
How many clubs with fences will be in finals this year?
I see from Lane Cove's results at home, the impact of the Fence & Hedge seems to be wearing off. Perhaps it was only temporary?

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Any good Fences this weekend?
Any new clubs coming through with Fence prowess?
Anyone know if, given their 2nd half form, Brothers have begun fence construction?
How many clubs with fences will be in finals this year?
I see from Lane Cove's results at home, the impact of the Fence & Hedge seems to be wearing off. Perhaps it was only temporary?

The paint fumes must be gone.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
DIV 2
Beecroft vs HUNTERS HILL - HH march on
FOREST vs Hills - At home in front of the inbreds Forest will be too strong
UNSW vs Lindfield - Going with the Home ground advantage for this crunch match
MOUNTAINS vs Hac - Think Hac's weakness in lower grades will allow Mountains to bring in some 2nd grade artillery and that will prove the difference.

DIV 3
IGGIES vs Brothers - I cannot bring myself to back a club that has a track record of suspicious player movement. Come on IGGIES.End this farce.
BOBS vs Epping - Maybe this year the BOBs are the real deal. This Saturday we will find out.
Hawkesbury vs SAINTS - A last start victory based ofn two intercept tries doesn't hide the fact Valley are doing it tough. Going with SAINTS.
NEWPORT vs Redfield - After a 3 week road trip the Breakers will be happy to be back by the Portress. with players back from injury and travel I think they will be ready for an upset.

3/8 I'm on fire.
Mountains may struggle to make the 4 in DIV 2
Epping have convinced me they are deserved short priced favourites for Div 3. Iggies, Brothers and Bobs just making up the numbers.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
3/8 I'm on fire.
Mountains may struggle to make the 4 in DIV 2
Epping have convinced me they are deserved short priced favourites for Div 3. Iggies, Brothers and Bobs just making up the numbers.
Dont you mean Brother$ ;-)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Skinny Minny

Chris McKivat (8)
If true, and I would believe you over others on the forum as you actually watched the game, then the rumours are true. However, doesnt seem to be affecting them. Maybe its too close to the end of the season for players to jump, maybe they are waiting till the end of year. Sounds like Lane Cove could have a really good 2018
Epping hotel staff confirmed this trainwreck was kicked out of pub at 9pm on Saturday after BOBs game for being drunk and disorderly. Other Epping players at the pub refused to sit with him, even when he was offering to buy drinks for all and sundry.

2016 Epping 1st grade coach was also seen at the hotel with players and president and this relationship seemed far more cosy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
Epping hotel staff confirmed this trainwreck was kicked out of pub at 9pm on Saturday after BOBs game for being drunk and disorderly. Other Epping players at the pub refused to sit with him, even when he was offering to buy drinks for all and sundry.

2016 Epping 1st grade coach was also seen at the hotel with players and president and this relationship seemed far more cosy

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I'm not at all surprised. He appeared to be 3 sheets to the wind by the end of 3rd grade, and the only thing that was keeping him standing was the unbelievable amount of steak sandwiches he ate. Unfortunately for Bobs, his antics didn't seem to impact on his teams performance on the day.

thecarterskid

Peter Burge (5)
I'm not at all surprised. He appeared to be 3 sheets to the wind by the end of 3rd grade, and the only thing that was keeping him standing was the unbelievable amount of steak sandwiches he ate. Unfortunately for Bobs, his antics didn't seem to impact on his teams performance on the day.

I wonder, does this mean he is a figure head coach and someone else is pulling the strings behind the scene?? Maybe the #9 has more influence? Certainly seems the team is playing in spite of him.

On a positive note however, sounds like he'd be good for a few free drinks after matches provided you wanted to hang with him......

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Div 3 seem to have the monopoly over Norford Park at Sefton for finals

Have they moved the officials' bunker back from one side of the #2 oval? We played in the mud there in 2008 and one of my guys slid right into the fucking thing. Did his shoulder on the concrete.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Is that in Sydney?

Just googled it. Subbies obviously aren't interested in getting supporters to the finals series by hosting a predominantly north shore/ nor west comp in south west Sydney. Thank god for the Fuseports app.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Its not that bad - reasonably central. Certainly closer than a few games I've gone away to in Subbies ;)

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Its not that bad - reasonably central. Certainly closer than a few games I've gone away to in Subbies ;)

Hopefully common sense prevails and they get a field closer to the competition participants. Hassell park has two ovals side by side.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Hopefully common sense prevails and they get a field closer to the competition participants. Hassell park has two ovals side by side.
Norford Park is almost never closed, weather doesn't seem to be an issue there. Is Hassell Park properly enclosed?

I think finals at TG millner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.