• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
Big couple of weeks coming up in Div's 2 and 3 with only 2 rounds to go.

Div 2

Barry Cup

HH and HAC are in the finals. UNSW, BM, Hills and Lindfield are in all with a shot of the final two places. Can't believe BM drop in form. BM away to Beecroft and Forest at home should win both and take a spot. UNSW away to Forest and home to Beecroft will target a win this week to make it pretty tough for Hills and Lindfield

Stocky Cup

Beecroft in the finals and if they beat BM this week will almost have the minor premiership. Hills and Forest have a mathematical chance of making the finals but will have no chance if they don't get up this weekend

Colts Cup

Lindfield are minor premiers and Forest and UNSW certainly in the finals. 4th spot up for grabs with BM, HH and Hills in the mix. BM need to knock over Beecroft this week or will have a nervous last round at home against the strong Forest team

Blunt Cup (3rd Grade)

HH minor premiers and Hills and Beecroft are in the finals. Lindfield in 4th place, but play 1st and 2nd on the table. They lose both and BM could sneak in.

Richy Cup (4th Grade)

Forest and Hills in the finals. Forest will struggle to lose the minor premiership. BM would need Lindfield to drop both games to make the finals.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
3rd Div

Clarky Cup

Epping Minor premiers by the length of the straight. You could throw a blanket over 2nd 3rd and 4th. Bobs have the slightly easier run home against Newport away and St Ives home. If they drop the Newport game this weekend then they could be in trouble. Redfield currently in 3rd, have a tough final two games. Epping away and Brothers at home. Iggies have the same run home as Bobs except Saints away and Newport at home. If Bobs, Redfield and Iggies get up this weekend then it ends any chance of Brothers making the finals. However I have a feeling BOBs and Redfield will drop games this week to leave the gate open. Could all come down to Redfield vs Brothers in the final round.

Farry Cup (2nd Grade)

Iggies and Newport battling it out for the minor premiership. Should come down to the final game to see who gets it. Saints in 3rd place, but face Iggies this weekend and could be in a straight shoot out with BOBs for the final place in the last round. Redfield should win both their last two games and move up to 3rd. Bobs dropped the ball big time by throwing away a lead against Epping last week and will have a tough run home against Newport (2nd) and Saints (3rd)

Colts

Top 4 decided and a Redfield win this week will see them win the minor premiership. Only thing to be worked out is who will finish 3rd and 4th.

Campbells Soup cup (4th grade)

Epping minor premiers, Newport and Iggies in the finals. Redfield will get 4th unless something crazy happens.

Major interest will be in the Clark cup and whether brothers can make it!

Hurlo

Allen Oxlade (6)
Brothers Will Win There Last Two Games. Whether They Win The Comp Depends On If Epping Can Hold Off Redfield (If Redfield Win Then Brothers Are Out). I Have Seen Us Play Redfield, Barker, Epping And Was Confident We Could Play Them All. Brothers I Am Not So Sure.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Brothers Will Win There Last Two Games. Whether They Win The Comp Depends On If Epping Can Hold Off Redfield (If Redfield Win Then Brothers Are Out). I Have Seen Us Play Redfield, Barker, Epping And Was Confident We Could Play Them All. Brothers I Am Not So Sure.

You've thrown in the towel against the Brother$ fix. Epping will throw this weeks game to see them off.

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
What an exciting last 2 round finish to Div 3! Only first place is locked in, with another 5 teams in the mix for the other 3 spots.
The big questions are:
Can St Ives win their last 2 games with bonus points to give themselves a sniff?
Do subbies have the bottle to review Brothers late season pickups?
Can BOB’s hang on to second place?
Can Redfield pull out a win against the rampant Rams, and Iggies win one of their last 2 to lock out Brothers?
Can the Rams keep on winning even with the antics of Whopper and his fractured relationship with his team?

So many good games over the next 2 rounds that it’s hard to decide which one to watch!

En Gage

Frank Nicholson (4)
You reckon they'd throw the game?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After watching them last week, I wouldn't think so, as they appeared confident and clinical in their win over Bobs, although looking back at the previous game they played against Redfield it was an extremely high scoring game (46-45) which they only won at the death, so they may not get it all their own way this saturday. There is also the issue of their unstable powderkeg of a coach exploding if things start going wrong for them.

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
What's the story with keeping Brothers out?

Is it because they're unliked, or they're seen as the biggest threat?

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)
What's the story with keeping Brothers out?

Is it because they're unliked, or they're seen as the biggest threat?

I think hurlo is scared of them!

The idea of finals footy is to have the best 4 teams compete!
If brothers make the 4 then well done to them, the thought of a team throwing a game tactically edging another team out of finals is weak and childish!

SubbiesVeteran

Herbert Moran (7)
Tips

Div 1
St Pats v Balmain- Battle for survival, this should be a good tussle as both teams need as many Club Championship points to avoid relegation, ill go with Balmain here in a tight tussle
Drummoyne v Mosman- This should be a cracker, I think the Dirty Reds should close this one out
Petersham v Colleagues- MOTR this is one of the matches of the weekend right here. Heart says Petersham but mind is saying upset with colleagues
Waverley v Knox- this is a bit of a nothing game neither team can make finals but knox are one of those clubs trying to avoid relegation, think the men from Bondi should get a win at home here

Div 2
Forest v UNSW- this will be the upset of the round, Forest although are out of Div 2 Finals contention will be looking to ruin a few clubs chances and I think they will do it this week at home to UNSW
HAC v Hunters Hill- MOTR this will be probably the match of Subbies this one. HAC will think they are a chance at home and I think that they can/will do it and end the streak. that being said im not counting out Hunters Hill who have proven they are the team to beat it will be close but I sniffing another upset so to speak
Lindfield v Hills- 2 teams that need a win to keep their finals hopes alive. Lindfield will have it a tougher ask with a loss last week but can still mathematically sneak in. Hills coming off a strong win v Forest I think will get the job done in a close affair at Tryon Oval
Beecroft v Blue Mountains- A bit of Danger game here for the Mountain men, Beecroft need a 1st grade win to keep them away from relegation with HAC not far away, this could be their opportunity against a Blueys team that is struggling to get out a rough trot

Div 3
Brothers v HVRC- pretty easy decision this one, Brothers by plenty
Newport v BOBS- BOBS will run away with this one late but Newport will hold on for a good chunk of the game
St Ives v Iggies- Iggies by plenty as well, St Ives may not win a game all day
Epping v Redfield- MOTR this will be one of the most followed games of the weekend, cant see Epping throwing the game and Redfield will be throwing everything at this one. I think it will be close with the boys from Dural just sneaking home keeping them safe for finals footy

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I think hurlo is scared of them!

The idea of finals footy is to have the best 4 teams compete!
If brothers make the 4 then well done to them, the thought of a team throwing a game tactically edging another team out of finals is weak and childish!

It's more to do with the speculation of how in an amateur competition did Brothers acquire 7 Fijian players mid season to go from 50 point losses to now potentially winning a comp.

fkj

Chris McKivat (8)
Really good day of rugby at the Bobdome today, with Epping too good in all grades coming away with 4 wins. As well as some quality rugby, I got to witness the Epping first grade coach Whopper in full flight, and can confirm that his relationship with his halfback appears to have completely disintegrated, with the two of them having an argument which ended up in a shouting match with Whopper telling him to F off to Lane Cove. Could throw a spanner in the works for Eppings tilt at the Clark Cup.

I'm hearing now after failing to get the Epping halfbacks signature, Lane Cove have focused their attention on getting Boppa to come over and lead their ship next year....

Karl_H

Stan Wickham (3)
It's more to do with the speculation of how in an amateur competition did Brothers acquire 7 Fijian players mid season to go from 50 point losses to now potentially winning a comp.

I suppose the same way any club in an amateur competition acquires players. Through connections. Surely you're not implying that the only reason these players went to the club is because they are getting paid. The club does have connections via the Brothers community both here and overseas. Perhaps that's how they came to be at the club.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
I suppose the same way any club in an amateur competition acquires players. Through connections. Surely you're not implying that the only reason these players went to the club is because they are getting paid. The club does have connections via the Brothers community both here and overseas. Perhaps that's how they came to be at the club.

Perhaps....

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Anyone know where they were before?

Brothers have history with buying their way up Divisions, but that was the old days. One would hope they've got their shit in order re: amateur status

Status
Not open for further replies.